Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 21:19   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
I hope I am not offending anyone here)
Oh no, that debate will never end once it starts.

My point is- why there is such a huge waiting period, when the sales only half their intended target?

Either they are having shortage of certain colours, or production has been stopped for some reason- may be annual maintainence. Or, its got to do with the TATA- FIAT tie-up!

Also, its TATA who has to market and sell the cars. They set a small target of 800 cars a month, achieve 400 odd, do nothing about it, and are sitting pretty with the multijet engine in the new Indica! The way i see it, FIAT is being taken for a ride...

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th June 2008 at 21:22.
Old 13th June 2008, 21:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oh no, that debate will never end once it starts.

My point is- why there is such a huge waiting period, when the sales only half their intended target?

Either they are having shortage of certain colours, or production has been stopped for some reason- may be annual maintainence. Or, its got to do with the TATA- FIAT tie-up!
As I pointed out earlier, the waiting period varies as per the colors.

Since they saw that the demand for Furnace Red is more, they have put that more into production and the waiting for this color along with Grey is less than 3 weeks. White has a waiting of 1 month whereas Black SDX 1.5 months. No Idea about Ozone blue as I dint ask the dealer about it.

But yes, it varies according to the color.
Old 13th June 2008, 22:18   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Since they saw that the demand for Furnace Red is more, they have put that more into production and the waiting for this color along with Grey is less than 3 weeks.
So, they produce more of Furnace Reds? And still it is having a three week waiting period? Any logic behind that?

Any colour that is NOT having waiting period?
Old 13th June 2008, 22:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So, they produce more of Furnace Reds? And still it is having a three week waiting period? Any logic behind that?

Any colour that is NOT having waiting period?
Many things do not have a logic.

I have no idea how much time they take for production and also, the Quality checks after that. So i cannot comment on the logic part.
How much you think should be normal for delivery?

But I know that had there not been a witing period, people would have doubted that the car was actually produced long back and is not selling so much so it is so readily available, along with the fear that the car was used for TD (which i know they use the delivery cars).

So it boils down to the fact that waiting or no waiting, there are problems.

I feel it is normal for a car to take 2-3 weeks for delivery post booking.
Old 24th June 2008, 22:26   #65
BHPian

I just heard from a good friend that there is a 2 month wait-list in Mumbai for Palio MJD top-end. Is that really true?
Old 25th June 2008, 00:28   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
I just heard from a good friend that there is a 2 month wait-list in Mumbai for Palio MJD top-end. Is that really true?
If that is true, then FIAT is doing exactly what we expected out of them, losing the oppurtunity to sell another great car. Some people never learn, do they?

Swift diesels waiting periods are reducing now. So that takes one of the main reasons why people would be buying the Palios.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:26   #67
BHPian

One needs to find out the reason for the waiting period. Take the case of Maruti Versa...it is produced once the customer books the car with full down payment. The dealer says that it takes 15 days for the car to be ready and another 10 days for transportation. So a minimum of 25 days. I am sure Maruti orders the parts on their suppliers once they receive orders. I am not sure of the reason for waiting period to buy Palio. It may the reason like for Maruti Versa or the demand is so high that their production capacity is not able to meet it.

Can other members throw some light on this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks