Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 12:46   #46
Senior - BHPian

Anoop, That was one hell of a buying experience!

Don't know why these Tata Fiat dealers are badly mismanaging delivery of Palio MJD, even if there is shortage of Palio MJDs manufactured by Fiat, they can be honest with a customer & tell them a realistic date of delivery, also once the car arrives at their yard, they bungle all the more, PDIs not properly done etc.

I don't know what to say, I still believe Fiat should have beefed-up its own Dealers & ASCs, rather than taking the short-cut with the alliance with Tata.

Last edited by finneyp : 12th June 2008 at 12:47.
Old 12th June 2008, 15:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

there is no point is going thru' all this and buy a FIAT, rather go for something else.

and let me tell you this is nothing compared to service experience with FIAT cars, its far worst
Old 12th June 2008, 17:00   #48
BHPian

Makes one wonder if FIAT has learnt any lesson at all!! I was cursing Citi for not including FIAT in my company lease plan, now I understand why.

Thiyags
Old 12th June 2008, 17:17   #49
Senior - BHPian

have read about the FIAT A.S.S problems loads of times but Since I stay in Pune and the FIAT manufacturing unit is not far, I do not think there should be much problem here.
Just to know whether anyone in Pune has had a bad experience so far. I guess BU Bhandari is doing a good job here.

Also, called them up couple of days back and they told me upfront that Black SDX would take 1.5 months, White 1 month and Grey & Furnace red would take 3 weeks.
He said Black takes time because the black SDX is manufactured once order is received.
Old 12th June 2008, 18:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

Go for it man.

You can catch Mangesh Kodalkar (?) by the scruff of the neck if need be
Old 12th June 2008, 18:27   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Go for it man.

You can catch Mangesh Kodalkar (?) by the scruff of the neck if need be
i have mailed him 2 times and never got any answers to the question which i asked in the mail, only he forwards it to someone else who has never replied or called till date.

seriously i don't know how FIAT is still alive in india, they should have shut down long ago.

even in my showroom one guy told me that FIAT never responds to their mails and requests. and this is true because he showed me some mails of parts requests also, which was done for my car and there was NO reply from FIAT management.
Old 12th June 2008, 18:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Whats the big deal? If people can wait months to get the Swift VDi, then why not 25 days for the Palio MJD.... Its worth the wait.

I had to wait 4 weeks to put my hands on the wheel of my brand new Palio 2 years back. But never ever came a thought of going for some other car only because of the wait.
Old 12th June 2008, 18:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
even in my showroom one guy told me that FIAT never responds to their mails and requests. and this is true because he showed me some mails of parts requests also, which was done for my car and there was NO reply from FIAT management.
There has been quick and positive responses for customer e-mails very lately from Fiat. This is what I could make out from some recent threads in PUG. (Are you a member already?)
Old 12th June 2008, 18:43   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make everyone aware of my plight (and I guess I am really bugged and did not know what else to do)!
Sad to hear the issue. But 42 days waiting period?

Has the Palio diesel production been stopped temporarily due to some reason?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Whats the big deal? If people can wait months to get the Swift VDi, then why not 25 days for the Palio MJD.... Its worth the wait.
Whats the comparison? Swift is having waiting period because of demand. Its outselling even smaller hatches like Santro. Whats the case for Palio?
Old 13th June 2008, 10:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

If FIAT mgnt keeps behaving as if they r obliging us by selling cars, they better pack their bags and get lost from here.. Its pity how a company can not learn a lesson or two even after disastrous performance.. Dont they have anybody to answer to?? I wonder what FIAT Spa CEO is doing.. If he has changed the fate of FIAT Italy, why he appears t o be ignorant about Indian market..
Old 13th June 2008, 10:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

Anoop, that was a bad experience.

Tata would only give step motherly treatment to Fiat with their limited resources/ capability. Glad I did not go for Fiat trusting the after sales of Tata.
Old 13th June 2008, 14:32   #57

Got my MJD within 2 weeks

It took me less than a month from test-drive to delivery of a red MJD. There was actually a red SDX on display at the Pashan showroom of B U Bhandari when I went there for the test-drive.

They said there was no discount on "new models", but in the end I got mud-flaps and mats.

I never had any problem about the deivery schedule. The car was delivered before the promised date. Bad management of a dealer can certainly put off customers.
Old 13th June 2008, 14:47   #58
BHPian

Off Topic -- have a look at this old fiat ad --

Video Chute en vélo - Sun'sTears, pub, gero59, chute, fiat - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

this should sum up what most Palio owners would feel@ their prized possession
Old 13th June 2008, 16:45   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Off Topic -- have a look at this old fiat ad --

Video Chute en vélo - Sun'sTears, pub, gero59, chute, fiat - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

this should sum up what most Palio owners would feel@ their prized possession

Nice video there, very possessive
Old 13th June 2008, 20:34   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Whats the comparison? Swift is having waiting period because of demand. Its outselling even smaller hatches like Santro. Whats the case for Palio?
Yea, I know... an average Indian car buyer just wants A.S.S aka a (false) sense of peace of mind and good FE aka 'Avarage'. Other features, which an automobile may or may not offer, are having least priority.

(I am only talking about an average Indian car buyer, who is highly unlikely to be a part of a forum like team-bhp. I hope I am not offending anyone here)

Last edited by clevermax : 13th June 2008 at 20:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks