Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 13:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Numerology - Vehicle registration numbers totalling to eight banned in Tamilnadu

Some new folks have come up with a new numerology adding method wrt car registration

for example: KL-07-YR-1234 Now, we would simple think the numerology total is 1+2+3+4=10 ie; 1.
Well NOPE,
they now have numbers designated to the alphabets too and that too you cant simple count A B C D equals 1 2 3 4. There is a mysterious twist there. certain group of alphabets in some particular order like for example A E Q S (not the exact alphabets but this is just an example) are designated to 1 and so on until 9.

So now believers go to a numerology expert and have the car numbers calculated to suit them and get their vehicles registered as per his/her advice.

Now, I mean no offense to the believers, and I was not mocking anyone but just sharing some information I gathered on a TV program.

oh and my car's number total is 8.

Last edited by msaudf : 29th August 2013 at 13:43.
Old 29th August 2013, 15:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Numerology - Vehicle registration numbers totalling to eight banned in Tamilnadu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
BUT, I guess, if one is particular and wants only a number totalling eight, they will issue it. I recently saw a new car with regn no "8", of the Alandur RTO.
I have mentioned this in this very thread about 5 years back. My cousin opted to go in for a total '8' number for which the RTO insisted on a letter asking for the same. He provided that and the number 9854 was allotted to him. No fee paid. This was in the year 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
Some new folks have come up with a new numerology adding method wrt car registration

for example: KL-07-YR-1234 Now, we would simple think the numerology total is 1+2+3+4=10 ie; 1.
Well NOPE,
they now have numbers designated to the alphabets too and that too you cant simple count A B C D equals 1 2 3 4. There is a mysterious twist there. certain group of alphabets in some particular order like for example A E Q S (not the exact alphabets but this is just an example) are designated to 1 and so on until 9.

So now believers go to a numerology expert and have the car numbers calculated to suit them and get their vehicles registered as per his/her advice.

Now, I mean no offense to the believers, and I was not mocking anyone but just sharing some information I gathered on a TV program.

oh and my car's number total is 8.
Let me share my two cents on this. I have been subscribing to this since childhood thanks to my upbringing. All my vehicles total '6' which is my lucky number. This includes the alphabets as well. Providing below the number value for all alphabets for reference.

A-1
B-2
C-3
D-4
E-5
F-8
G-3
H-5
I-1
J-1
K-2
L-3
M-4
N-5
O-7
P-8
Q-1
R-2
S-3
T-4
U-6
V-6
W-6
X-5
Y-1
Z-7

In the above example KL-07-YR-1234 , total would be (KL=2+3=5)+(07)+(YR=1+2=3)+(1+2+3+4=10) = 5+7+3+10 = 25 = 2+5 = 7

Last edited by rr_zen : 29th August 2013 at 15:15.
rr_zen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 15:32   #63
BHPian

Most, if not all of my dad's cars that he's had in the past add up to 8 and he lives in TN. He never had to pay anything extra and his latest addition, an Innova also was registered which totaled to the number 8.

It's interesting because in the chinese culture 8 is considered to be extremly lucky. While living in Singapore I would hear of people paying exhorbitant amounts for the number 8 and if you didn't have enough money, then something that added up to the number 8.
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 16:29   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post

Let me share my two cents on this. Providing below the number value for all alphabets for reference.

A-1
B-2
C-3
D-4
E-5
F-8
G-3
H-5
I-1
J-1
K-2
L-3
M-4
N-5
O-7
P-8
Q-1
R-2
S-3
T-4
U-6
V-6
W-6
X-5
Y-1
Z-7

In the above example KL-07-YR-1234 , total would be (KL=2+3=5)+(07)+(YR=1+2=3)+(1+2+3+4=10) = 5+7+3+10 = 25 = 2+5 = 7
So there are no alphabets for 9? are you sure?
Old 29th August 2013, 16:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
So there are no alphabets for 9? are you sure?
Yes, I am very sure. There are no alphabets for 9. This is as per Chaldean numerology. Please refer to this link Hope this helps.
rr_zen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 17:24   #66
Team-BHP Support

Irrational fear of numbers or days is a good thing for rational people. It gives us undue advantage. We can get lot of things on such days when many would stay away. I take delivery of my cars on inauspicious days, so that everything will be done in a relaxed manner. There will be no crowd.

Here is a nice video on this topic:
Samurai is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 19:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

Mine adds upto 8 as well.............remind me to not sell my car ever in Tamil Nadu.

But here's the dilemma , 8 is the total but the car is in my lucky color - so does that negate the effect of the unlucky 8?

P.S. - no offence intended to anyone

Last edited by puchoo : 29th August 2013 at 19:02.
Old 29th August 2013, 22:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Irrational fear of numbers or days is a good thing for rational people. It gives us undue advantage. We can get lot of things on such days when many would stay away. I take delivery of my cars on inauspicious days, so that everything will be done in a relaxed manner. There will be no crowd.
Indeed and not just that, I was lucky I got some easier to remember numbers when I asked my vehicles to be registered on a Thursday, like 9555 and 2252.
Old 30th August 2013, 11:05   #69
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I remember when I started working, I chose an "inauspicious" hour and day to start (to avoid traffic) and my dad freaked out and asked me to leave 3 hours later. I ignored him and carried on, only to get stuck in a small traffic jam. Unfortunately Bangalore does not have sufficient superstitious people. I have mixed feelings about this.
MHG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 11:11   #70
Team-BHP Support

I remember the parent of a candidate who didn't want his daughter to attend interview during Ashada month. He called and informed me that she will come for the interview in Shravana, after Ashada gets over. Our vacancies got filled before Shravana.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 11:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Superstition in India has reached (or should I say has always been) at scary levels.
So much so that anti superstition bills have to be passed.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/ma...l/20130824.htm

The saddest thing is that so many educated people succumb to this.

One thing I remember is that when I took the delivery of my car, is that I had to really convince the sales guy that I indeed wanted to take delivery of a 'black' car on a 'Saturday' without any 'special/normal puja' !
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 12:49   #72
BHPian

I took delivery of my new car recently on a Saturday, much to the consternation of my wife and the SA at the dealership.

In Kannada there is a saying: Indhina Vaara Shubha Vaara, Indhina Yoga Shubha Yoga, meaning today is auspicious and right now is auspicious.

Also dawn and dusk (Go-dhuli) are considered to be always auspicious.

Hey, am I talking about what's auspicious and inauspicious now?

It's too ingrained in our DNA.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 13:17   #73
Senior - BHPian

I was happy to pick up my car on a Saturday as well but was overruled eventually both my the wife and to some extent the dealer , and i was very surprised with my wife's reaction given she is very very logical but eventually had to wait one more day and took delivery on a Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I took delivery of my new car recently on a Saturday, much to the consternation of my wife and the SA at the dealership.

Old 31st August 2013, 13:47   #74
BHPian

Our every vehicle(from Activa to cars) number totals to 8. Even registration no of my Dzire is 0800.
Old 1st September 2013, 00:35   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
In Kannada there is a saying: Indhina Vaara Shubha Vaara, Indhina Yoga Shubha Yoga, meaning today is auspicious and right now is auspicious.
That is right out of the mouth of Purandaradasa, the 16th century musician/composer/saint. It is one of his compositions. He was against Casteism, Untouchability and any form of superstition.
Samurai is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks