Old 24th July 2008, 00:28   #211
Senior - BHPian

Competition only to Octavia / Laura.
No competition with Civic / Corolla.
Old 24th July 2008, 00:43   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Rear Seat. Bloody Copied the Skoda Octavia ( Cramped )

THE BIGGEST PLUS POINT
IT has Extendable Warranty For 2 Years for Rs. 6000 Only ( Grr Skoda )
If the size is as much as Laura why would the rear seats be like the Octavia!?
Damn, i hate the backseat of the Octy, the Laura is much more comfy..this is a big -ve on the Jetta.

Just as we expected, VW would differentiate itself by better A.S.S than Skoda...Rs.6000 is a steal for extended warranty on a german car.
Are there any all inclusive service plans?

I saw the car on the road last night,must say it looked a lot better in flesh...not as boring as i perseved it.
Old 24th July 2008, 01:39   #213
BHPian

Quote:
IT has Extendable Warranty For 2 Years for Rs. 6000 Only.
A big thumbs up to VW for giving this at such a reasonable cost . Simply fantastic . I still hate skoda for this one and only reason . It shows the confidence a manufacturer has in its product . I hope they learn something and start giving it sooner than later .
Old 24th July 2008, 07:41   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

hmmm.. is it really 6K for extended warranty? or is it 60K. i am sure this will motivate Skoda to offer some sort of extended warranty sometime in future.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:10   #215
BHPian

IMHO, VW has outpriced the Jetta. A Jetta 1.6 should have undercut the Civic by a substantial amount.

Here in the US, the Jetta 2.5 (170 bhp) base version (which would be same as 'Trendline') retails for $ 16,000 while the Civic 1.8 is a couple of hundred more. If Honda can sell the Civic for 11L, then V-Dub should have been able to price this lower, much lower.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:30   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
hmmm.. is it really 6K for extended warranty? or is it 60K. i am sure this will motivate Skoda to offer some sort of extended warranty sometime in future.
Its definitely 6000 bucks - Cheers to VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
If the size is as much as Laura why would the rear seats be like the Octavia!?
Damn, i hate the backseat of the Octy, the Laura is much more comfy..this is a big -ve on the Jetta.

Just as we expected, VW would differentiate itself by better A.S.S than Skoda...Rs.6000 is a steal for extended warranty on a german car.
Are there any all inclusive service plans?

I saw the car on the road last night,must say it looked a lot better in flesh...not as boring as i perseved it.
There is a small difference in size .
With the front seats fully back ( for me as a driver , m 6'2") , there was literally no space at the back of the car.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:36   #217
Senior - BHPian

One More Thing
Only the Jetta Comfortline DSG has 8 airbags , the other 2 variants have 6.
Old 24th July 2008, 12:06   #218
BANNED

i can see every skoda model being cut into pieces now. octavia and laura have trouble. come on you cheap skoda, shut octavia down and bring down the l and k laura prices.
Old 24th July 2008, 15:20   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its definitely 6000 bucks - Cheers to VW
Kinda weird. If it is really 6k, they can as well make it free. No complaints though :-)
Old 24th July 2008, 17:15   #220
Senior - BHPian

Info
The comfortline ( DSG) has auto retractable Rear view mirrors too
and no parking sensors at all.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:50   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i can see every skoda model being cut into pieces now. octavia and laura have trouble. come on you cheap skoda, shut octavia down and bring down the l and k laura prices.
I think they know that they are in trouble, but what should they do? They just can't bring the price down by 4 lakhs on each laura model and say now we will sell at actual price.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:02   #222
Senior - BHPian

VW and Skoda are the same ownership right ? I'm sure the pricing will be such that there is no cannibalization

Again, will the dealers/After sales be the same , then Will there be a difference ?
Old 24th July 2008, 19:08   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
I think they know that they are in trouble, but what should they do? They just can't bring the price down by 4 lakhs on each laura model and say now we will sell at actual price.
why not they are anyways ripping holes selling the octavia and laura side by side. which other country does that. they think indians are fools and will pay for anything. the best bit is they are right.

laura for 20 laks
civic hybrid for 22 laks
crv for 24 laks.
accord for 20 laks

they are all doping up good smoke and we are letting them take us for a ride surely by buying their so called luxury cars which are so normally priced all around the world.
Old 24th July 2008, 19:13   #224
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
why not they are anyways ripping holes selling the octavia and laura side by side. which other country does that. they think indians are fools and will pay for anything. the best bit is they are right.
While I dont support selling the Octy & Laura side by side, India is not exclusive to this practice. They do so in other markets too.

Quote:
by buying their so called luxury cars which are so normally priced all around the world.
Well, most cars in India are over-priced compared to other countries. So lets not single out Skoda here.
Old 24th July 2008, 20:21   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
While I dont support selling the Octy & Laura side by side, India is not exclusive to this practice. They do so in other markets too.

Well, most cars in India are over-priced compared to other countries. So lets not single out Skoda here.

The first part - why not sell both together if they are at different price/trim points?

The second I agree - all cars are [for various reasons] overpriced here and thats been discussed to death.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks