Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 14:39   #16
BHPian

I was earlier with RACE and used the services only once when I had flat tyre, they came and changed the tyre within half an hour.
I subscribed to Speed Helpline few months ago. But this Speed Helpline has the most pathetic service I have ever experienced.
I called them few dayo ago to change the flat tyre. I waited for 2 hours and they kept giving excuses that the van is on the way. After 2.5 hours, I changed the tyre myself.
Its been almost 1 month and the they have not come yet and I am still waiting.
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:01   #17
BHPian

Which Roadside Assistance?

Hi Fellow BHPians,

I am unable to decide on this from quite some time.

I searched the forum and unable to get any information on this. According to your experience who offers best road side assistance? MyTVS network seems to be good. I drive a Ford and they have limitations in the coverage. Any info you provide would be helpful as I want to buy one. While providing any info if you include the cost details, it would be helpful.

Thanks
Venk
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:42   #18
BANNED

I've also heard that Maruti's roadside assistance is also good and it mainly depends on the nearest A.S.S !

Another noteworthy mention is the Bat service from Exide !
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:46   #19
BHPian

Hey,
You can try taking membership of "Race", I've used it earlier. they are helpful and quick.
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:06   #20
BHPian

Thanks Mithun.

But Maruti will not provide its services to others (who dont have a maruti)

BAT is only for Battery failures I guess.
Old 23rd December 2009, 21:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_v1per View Post
Hey,
You can try taking membership of "Race", I've used it earlier. they are helpful and quick.
They dont have operations in South
Old 9th February 2012, 04:54   #22
BHPian

Re: Car helpline services - Crossroads / Race/ fastrack?

got to *bump* up this old thread ...sorry !!

well, I got my Alto done from Crossroads a week back for 499/- for a year - and the guy who bought the card etc at home told me to get the second car on crossroads too as "race" has gone bankrupt. Is this true ? My swift still has atleast couple of months on Race ...their number is also not reachable. Anyone heard about this ?

Moreover, which is the best one out there right now ? Delhi/NCR I mean .
Old 11th February 2012, 17:42   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post

I'm on the lookout for the same, do mention the choice you have made and service you've received in the past.

Cheers

GT
Old 26th February 2012, 23:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am using crossroads for quite a time to be precise more then 3 years and i am very happy with their service in delhi. Myself being a privilege member of crossroads have to shell out just 350 bucks for a year . Very prompt service i must say. Got to use them thrice in delhi and their service van reached me in just 20 mins of call every time.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:27   #25
BHPian

My wife has locked the keys inside and no one is resonding on RACE numbers. I think the online feedback that it has gone out of business is correct.
Old 23rd August 2012, 15:45   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
My wife has locked the keys inside and no one is resonding on RACE numbers. I think the online feedback that it has gone out of business is correct.
Correct - tried just now and they are not picking up ANY of the numbers. What a group of cheats ...
Old 1st November 2012, 10:55   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
got to *bump* up this old thread ...sorry !!
========
The RACE story is true, Crossroads is the only professionally reliable company and I am told they have extended their operations in Mumbai also
Old 6th May 2014, 13:32   #28
BHPian

Sorry for opening up a old thread. This looks more relevant to the problem I have.
I am using the crossroad service from last 6 years.

4 months 1 CROSSROAD representative came to our home and collected 699 for full year service.
Just now I have received the call from CROSSROAD that they have never received the money and they are not continuing the services. We argued that the person came with the crossroad form and gave us the slip of the money. But the company is refusing it and as per them we need to give 699/- to get the services. They are simply not willing to listen or understand and as per them it is our duty to verify the representative arrived and do the thorough checking before paying the amount. And they have asked us to pay the money or take any other agency for the service but they do not provide us service as they did not received the amount.
The person came in the CROSSROAD marked vehicle. Fully taped with crossroad stickers vehicle. With pre-printed crossroad membership form.

I asked the helpline person to transfer the call to a senior but as per the person she is the senior. When I pushed for the Senior the same lady paused for a minute and start speaking again as senior. Earlier she told her name as Jaanvi and later Sakshi as senior.
When I told her that you are same person and just changing your name as the voice is similar, she became very rude and simple told me that "You have to pay the amount again or you can go to any service provider."

I asked her that if I pay you the amount and you refuse after 3-4 months for the payment then again she has to guts to answer that I need to verify that we have given the money to the right person.

What to do? Do we have some agency where we can complaint.
smooth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2016, 19:42   #29
BHPian

Crossroads is now behaving like a monopoly!

I am a user of CrossRoads since last 4 years and have been using it for my car and scooter.

My car Maruti A-Star is using cross roads subscription since Feb 2015

This card will expire on 31 January 2016.

I have already renewed my service with a new card number.

Today on 17 January 2016 I had some car battery problem and called in crossroads for jump start of the car. I was assigned the compliant number and nearby mechanic came and jump started the car. Upon completion of complaint, I checked in the app and was shocked to see that this service was counted against my new card and not my existing card which had 3 services remaining and is valid till 31 Jan 2016. As a result I am already left with only 5 service requests in a card that has not even started its validity yet.

I called their phone number and they told me to write an email to their customer care mail id.

I am now writing email to them and hoping that they will rectify this. I will keep you updated.
Mohitkumaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 00:44   #30
BHPian

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I wanted to know which is the best road side assistance scheme in Delhi. I have heard about crossroads from a few friends. I am specifically concerned regarding their response time in central and south delhi and their ability to provide solutions. I am looking to buy it for my 5yr old A star. Any idea what would be the cost. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks