Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2017, 11:02   #31
BANNED

Re: Car helpline services - Crossroads / Race/ fastrack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I wanted to know which is the best road side assistance scheme in Delhi. I have heard about crossroads from a few friends. I am specifically concerned regarding their response time in central and south delhi and their ability to provide solutions. I am looking to buy it for my 5yr old A star. Any idea what would be the cost. Thanks in advance.
I have had the(unfortunate) opportunity of needing assistance once for a flat battery right in my college once at about 11 at night. Called all these guys one by one, Crossroads said it will take 35 min to reach, and they wouldn't do anything without me buying at least a single membership( 999 onwards).

Called fastrack, they told me it would be too far away for them, don't know where they were.

Race guys were only 20 min away, came in a seriously shady Omni, but the Guy was alright. Since I just had a flat battery, had to pay 500 , no need to buy membership.

My 2 cents, Don't buy roadside assistance unless you are really doubtful on the reliability of your car.( Flat battery due to lights left on is the driver's mistake, not of the car ).
If you need it anytime (i'm sure it will be less than once a year for most cars), just call these guys and get the one that gives you lowest response time.

Another point to note is that in case you suspect something serious with the car, these guys will not take your car to the FNG of your choice, they'll take it to one of their own. I don't feel comfortable with that especially when it could be much farther away. For such cases, I'd recommend knowing a good garage nearby where you live and call them in case of an emergency, since they would always have better response time and can take your car to the workshop quicker than others.
Source : My experience
Old 3rd May 2017, 01:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Race guys were only 20 min away, came in a seriously shady Omni, but the Guy was alright. Since I just had a flat battery, had to pay 500 , no need to buy membership.

My 2 cents, Don't buy roadside assistance unless you are really doubtful on the reliability of your car.( Flat battery due to lights left on is the driver's mistake, not of the car ).

Really thankful to you Agam. My sister used your advise and called Race today at 9pm at AIIMS Campus due to battery issues apparently due to prolonged usage of blower and stereo while the car was off. She called Race and it came within 20 minutes jump started the car in 2 min and the work was done. Very convenient, fast and hassle free. Took 500 rupees as you said in the post. He also offered a 1200 rupee yearly membership for upto 6 such visits which was politely refused. Thanks once again.
Old 6th April 2024, 15:34   #33
BHPian

Crossroads - Too good an offer or a Scam?

For the last few weeks I am continuously getting calls for subscribing to Crossroads' 24x7 roadside assistance.

- 15 years validity
- 30 visits per year included

Extract from their email is as below:-

Services Available
DELHI NCR+PAN
Transfer Option
24x7 Roadside Assistance
Assistance for Punctured tyre
On The Spot Repair Service for Minor Faults
Jumpstart In Case of Weak/Dead Battery
On-Road Key Lockout Assistance
Tele Assistance for Minor Repairs
Emergency Message Relay
City Route & Map Guidance over Phone
Doorstep Vehicle Insurance Renewal Service
Battery, Coolant & Spare Parts at Discounted Price
Towing ( Vehicle to Vehicle)
Arrangement of Flatbed Trucks & Winching Services
Punctured Tyre Repair in Case of Two Flat Tyres
Fuel (Petrol/Diesel Only) upto 5 ltrs In Case of Running Dry
Transfer Option.

Now all this at 6999/-
I find it barely believable.
Over and above, the gentleman who keeps calling me, keeps claiming that although they are mentioning 30 visits, in reality, the plan includes "unlimited" visits.

Anyone else thinks that this is some sort of a scam? They have sent me a payment link also.
I recently had used Times Now coupon and have used the crossroads services. Only Once though.
The experience was quite good.
Should I take the plunge? Any red flags?
Anyone with any suggestions / comments?
TIA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks