Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 09:32   #1
BHPian

Car helpline services - Crossroads / Race/ fastrack?

I was not able to find a more appropriate section for this, however if this is not the right section please move it to appropriate place. And I also hope that this has not been discussed earlier.

I am sure many of us are using some emergency breakdown service or a car helpline service. Wanted to know the experiences of different members about the same.

I subscribed to Fastrack 6 months back, called tham 3 months back for the first time when I had a flat tyre at 11:30 pm and was too tried as was coming back from driving more than 250km in UP. So called these guys to change the tyre, however when they failed to turn up after 45 minutes then I changed the tyre myself and moved on.

The second time I wanted to use them was couple of days back at 12:30 Am when my alternator failed and hence I was stalled. But after 1 hour or ringing all their numbers no one answered the phone.

What about other service providers, I remember using Crossroads few years back for my bike, had called them few times for flat tyres and if I remember they were quite efficient at that time.
Old 12th July 2008, 10:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

RACE has a bunch of mechanics who are more interested in changing arbit stuff in your car. And can be useless at peak hours. My mom once waited with a phuk alternator at like 1pm at sarojini nagar for two hours !!

At night they are prompt. But they will try giving you their numbers, for direct service, etc etc chor behavior
Old 12th July 2008, 12:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

My three cars are registered with RACE for the last 5 years. Never had a problem with them and their service too had been prompt (the renewal fees collection has been prompter).

4 days back the Qualis had a flat and called them up. All their lines are not responding till date. Has the company shut shop? Maybe I'll have to subscribe to a backup service provider. Can't put all eggs in one basket though..
Old 13th July 2008, 16:14   #4
BHPian

No subscription

Well, unlike you guys who have subscribed, I haven't subscribed to any service and our family has had cars for the last 9 yrs or so.

The one time that my Wagon R died at 11.00pm on a Sunday night, the Maruti on road service guys turned up after about 40 minutes and replaced the battery with a new one free of cost.

Other than an occasional flat tyre, never faced any situation which we could not handle our selves.

So am I just plain lucky or am I missing something by not subscribing to such schemes?
Old 14th July 2008, 11:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Shashank, I have been using Crossroads service from the last 4-5 Years for all our cars. One can always bet on them without any doubt. They do have a good coverage in Delhi as well some parts of NCR

Tried them many times for changing flattered tyres. No breakdown services tested till yet, thank god

Response time is round about 15-20 Mins.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
My three cars are registered with RACE for the last 5 years. Never had a problem with them and their service too had been prompt (the renewal fees collection has been prompter).

4 days back the Qualis had a flat and called them up. All their lines are not responding till date. Has the company shut shop? Maybe I'll have to subscribe to a backup service provider. Can't put all eggs in one basket though..
I guess the contact no. for race has changed
Old 14th July 2008, 13:58   #7
BHPian

I guess I have been screwed up this time by subscribing to Fastrack...
Old 30th July 2008, 17:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
I guess I have been screwed up this time by subscribing to Fastrack...
Same here. No one picks up the phone.
Old 30th July 2008, 17:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Aah, the numbers have changed, for RACE atleast. Their numbers here in Delhi/NCR are:

011 43676767
+91 9910436767
+91 9310236767
Old 4th August 2008, 10:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post
Same here. No one picks up the phone.
Now how to track these guys ?
Old 4th August 2008, 10:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Now how to track these guys ?
Best is to catch hold the sales guy !!
Old 4th August 2008, 11:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Have had a decent experience with Crossroads. Three cars (mine and two of my friends) in my knowledge were registered with them and that included a 15 yr old 800. None of us had a problem with their service, it was prompt. Often we used to get the number of the nearest rescue van, so that we could coordinate routes and all. At times, I've even called them home!!
Old 17th July 2009, 00:29   #13
BHPian

Car break down service

Hi folks I am looking a good car break down service that would cover mumbai and navi mumbai areas. I have seen an ad for myTVS but haave no reviews for it. So anyone using myTVS car breakdown recovery service.

Anybody else know any good car breakdown service ?

PS: not sure if this is right place for this post. Mods request you to please move it to the right place. Thanks
Old 20th July 2009, 10:53   #14
BHPian

Any ideas about this. folks in mumbai please respond?
Old 20th July 2009, 11:13   #15
Team-BHP Support

I am using RACE and have been impressed with their service, but I am in the NCR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks