Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2018, 10:58   #6436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

This had to happen sooner or later.

Quote:
Cuddalore: Friends of a man who got married presented him with five litres of petrol, the price of which has skyrocketed, as a "wedding gift."
The young man and his newly wedded wife were greeting guests at a marriage hall when his friends trooped in and gave him a 5 litre can as a gift, Puthiya Thalaimurai Tamil television channel reported.
Source: ndtv.com

The Official Fuel Prices Thread-img_20180917_1051321026x1470.jpg

Source inshorts

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Karnataka Cuts Petrol, Diesel Price By Rs. 2/ Litre
A welcome move. But with the state's finances already under severe pressure due to various populist measures, I am skeptical of its long term benefits or sustenance.

Last edited by dailydriver : 17th September 2018 at 11:17.
dailydriver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 11:01   #6437
BHPian

Karnataka Cuts Petrol, Diesel Price By Rs. 2/ Litre

https://www.ndtv.com/business/petrol...om=home-livetv
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2018, 20:40   #6438
BHPian

Anyone aware of the price Speed/ Extra Premium petrol in Delhi?
Old 17th September 2018, 21:28   #6439
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
Anyone aware of the price Speed/ Extra Premium petrol in Delhi?
Speed is just above 84 per litre. Usually it's about 3.5 rupees above the regular unleaded.
Old 17th September 2018, 23:47   #6440
Senior - BHPian

This year, central govt will mop up around 5 lakh crore and state govts around 4 lakh crore as revenue from petroleum sector to the exchequer. In last 4 years, the central govt has earned a revenue of atleast 17 lakh crore rupees from petrol/diesel. That amount is around 250 billon USD. What are they planning with this money? Will they plan 400 km/hr train from Kashmir to Kanyakumari?

Ref: https://www.firstpost.com/business/p...r-4481795.html

Last edited by msdivy : 17th September 2018 at 23:49.
msdivy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 12:27   #6441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
In last 4 years, the central govt has earned a revenue of atleast 17 lakh crore rupees from petrol/diesel. That amount is around 250 billon USD. What are they planning with this money?
l[/url]
What money ?? All that money you talk of is used for these social welfare schemes. Where do you think the money comes from for projects like Jan Dhan Yojna and Modicare and so on and not to forget the Farmer Loan Waivers. Where do you think that money comes from ?

Even the Karnataka Gov has announced a 2 rupee rate cut but Maharashtra Gov is sitting quiet. Shameless, they know farmer loan waivers they need this money.
Old 18th September 2018, 12:33   #6442
BHPian

Anybody remember the infamous "herbal" petrol Ramar Pillai? Well, it seems he is back and announces that he is planning to sell a litre of Petrol for INR 4 and diesel for INR 5

A latest article about him in the Tamil weekly Vikatan -

https://www.vikatan.com/juniorvikata...interview.html
Old 18th September 2018, 12:59   #6443
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Anybody remember the infamous "herbal" petrol Ramar Pillai? Well, it seems he is back and announces that he is planning to sell a litre of Petrol for INR 4 and diesel for INR 5

A latest article about him in the Tamil weekly Vikatan -

https://www.vikatan.com/juniorvikata...interview.html
The article is probably in Tamil, hence couldn't go through. But looks like his last punishment didn't suffice. Had I gotten this wonderful formula, I would have been first off for an All-India trip in my petrol guzzler

But reality check is that I filled last night here @ Rs. 80.93 per liter :(
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 14:51   #6444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

But reality check is that I filled last night here @ Rs. 80.93 per liter :(
And we are paying 45 paise less, for diesel. Petrol is at 89.37.

What the hell is wrong with both center and state governments? I know my state government does not have much option after banning the sale of alcohol but these knee-jerk actions have bad consequences over a long term.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2018, 15:09   #6445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
And we are paying 45 paise less, for diesel. Petrol is at 89.37.

What the hell is wrong with both center and state governments? I know my state government does not have much option after banning the sale of alcohol but these knee-jerk actions have bad consequences over a long term.
Damn, you will soon be in the nervous nineties!

Diesel is almost 78 here as the difference between diesel and petrol is quite less in JH.

I believe the Central Govt is filling its coffers for a slew of cuts that need to be offered before the 2019 elections irrespective of the crude/ dollars quotations prevailing at that time. State Govts may be asked to take a cut in VAT% for the time being; this is my feeling.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 05:26   #6446
Senior - BHPian

its been happening for some time I guess. The fuel prices were lower in Karnataka already and it used to be higher couple of years ago. Have others been raising their taxes so much ?

Karnataka is expecting more sale of petrol and diesel in boarder areas and offset the loss with increased volume. They even want to put signages in border areas to come and fuel up in the state. Last time I remember Goa was pro-actively discouraging people from neighbouring states to fuel up when their prices were lower.
Old 19th September 2018, 07:23   #6447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
its been happening for some time I guess. The fuel prices were lower in Karnataka already and it used to be higher couple of years ago.
The taxes were raised in KA after the elections, which made the prices at par with other states.
Old 19th September 2018, 08:00   #6448
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel this thread has become pointless apart from serving as an outlet for our frustrations. We can talk about taxes all day, but at the end of the day they will take your money, one way or the other. Honestly, at the risk of sounding wrong, I have started feeling that fuel taxes are much better where atleast a part of the burden is shared by the majority population including the rich, middle class and upper lower class. If not this, then the government will bring in more taxes in other spheres and truth be told, I am scared it will be focussed more on just the upper middle class and rich ( which I believe forms a majority of this forum base).

The need of the hour is to seek accountability from the government. But with the wide disparity in our country, I believe this is not going to happen anytime in the near future.
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 08:30   #6449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I feel this thread has become pointless apart from serving as an outlet for our frustrations.
And I have been saying no point in shouting on one thing. Life itself is not about 1 or 2 things, and definitely not separately. A larger view will help. Being happy and silent on reduced expenses on 20 other things but shouting about high prices - and esp due to external factors is being ...

International crude prices have risen more in recent past, and not so much of taxes. Many state taxes are high - and some had increased even in the last one year.

What ever the combination, and in the middle of all these arguments - my take is - Prices should start to improve in a month's time - by Oct end. This would also apply to the Dollar, and the Fuel prices.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 08:45   #6450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Prices should start to improve in a month's time - by Oct end. This would also apply to the Dollar, and the Fuel prices.
And that is why I [for the first time] am filling up only Rs. 500 worth of petrol/diesel where I used to have a tankful earlier. Lesser the hit, the better it is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks