Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2015, 22:37   #4996
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

With the crude oil prices touching the lowest levels in last 6 years (price $39.27 per barrel @1701Hrs GMT) the ball is again in the government's court to reduce the fuel prices to rein in inflation. This unexpected turnaround has come as a blessing in disguise which the government should exploit to the fullest to boost the economy.
Old 25th August 2015, 08:37   #4997
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssambyal1980 View Post
With the crude oil prices touching the lowest levels in last 6 years (price $39.27 per barrel @1701Hrs GMT) the ball is again in the government's court to reduce the fuel prices to rein in inflation. This unexpected turnaround has come as a blessing in disguise which the government should exploit to the fullest to boost the economy.
Two points the price you are quoting is WTI/NYMEX which is of little interest outside the US. Brent is a better guide. Secondly, the ₹ is down to 66.87 or so. So that hurts.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 09:34   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Two points the price you are quoting is WTI/NYMEX which is of little interest outside the US. Brent is a better guide. Secondly, the ₹ is down to 66.87 or so. So that hurts.
Thanks alot sir for the useful reply. Couldn't agree more with you. Hope that the things settle for the better for the Indian economy.

Warm Regards.
Old 25th August 2015, 09:53   #4999
Senior - BHPian

Anyone get a similar feeling in India?:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...rdly-expensive

"Prices at the pump are now almost three times as high as oil on a per-barrel basis, the biggest gap on record."
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:40   #5000
Senior - BHPian

Any chance of the fuel price for petrol to go down in on 1st of the coming month or we would have to wait for the 15th of sep for same ?

Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 17:18   #5001
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Any chance of the fuel price for petrol to go down in on 1st of the coming month or we would have to wait for the 15th of sep for same ?
There was a $1+ spike overnight in India's basket, so fingers crossed! Yes, overall the trend is towards softening, which will accelerate once Iran gets into the act fully.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 17:50   #5002
BHPian

With crude oil prices going down, Why are automobile oil products not getting cheaper ?
Old 31st August 2015, 00:27   #5003
BHPian

Coming from Oil and gas business background, honestly I'm not happy the way the oil price is dropping. I would rather pay higher fuel prices with a secured job than risk loosing it at low oil prices.

Oil price drop is hurting the global energy sector severely with a lot of future projects being shelved and current spendings being chopped by good margins. The worst affected are the oil exporting countries. One might think that importing country like India might benefit out of this but rupee is going down as well. I suspect these low oil prices will prevail for another 1-1.5 yrs at least. This is not good and if the drop continues we might see another crisis.
thatsdileep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 12:06   #5004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Coming from Oil and gas business background, honestly I'm not happy the way the oil price is dropping. I would rather pay higher fuel prices with a secured job than risk loosing it at low oil prices.

Oil price drop is hurting the global energy sector severely with a lot of future projects being shelved and current spendings being chopped by good margins. The worst affected are the oil exporting countries. One might think that importing country like India might benefit out of this but rupee is going down as well. I suspect these low oil prices will prevail for another 1-1.5 yrs at least. This is not good and if the drop continues we might see another crisis.
Isn't this all about not being happy that oil companies are forced to work with reduced margins? Oil companies have minted money for many decades. All the typical overheads and inefficiencies will need to be done away in this 'tough time'.

I see this no different from any other industry. Sorry, no sympathies from my side as a consumer.
The only one making a killing in this is the GoI who keeps in increasing various taxes and keeps making unprecedented money. I just hope that the money is used in a good way.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 12:23   #5005
Senior - BHPian

The price revision is due tonight. However with the crude rebounding by 17% in two trading sessions and INR depreciating against the Greenback, I do not expect any price cuts.
Old 31st August 2015, 17:24   #5006
BHPian

Dear Friends just checked the website now and found it to be old news. Sorry for inconvenience caused

Last edited by sumzup : 31st August 2015 at 17:41. Reason: news of 2013; did not verify before posting as got it from a regular source
Old 31st August 2015, 18:51   #5007
BHPian

Petrol price cut by 2 Rs and diesel by 0.5 Rs
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 18:54   #5008
BHPian

Petrol price slashed more than that of diesel for a change. Thats a welcome move.
Old 31st August 2015, 18:59   #5009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Petrol price cut by 2 Rs and diesel by 0.5 Rs
Considering that the barrel cost is low, the cut should have been more. Now that the price cut in petrol is more compared to diesel, are we heading towards a stage where the prices of both the fuels will be nearly the same??
Old 31st August 2015, 19:11   #5010
BHPian

Contrary to the popular trend here..
With the Rupee fall, Govt. should increase the tax to shore up some forex (assuming that the demand is elastic!). That would hurt many of us (yes, including myself), but that is probably how the Govt. should move its population to more energy stingy ways of transport!

PS: I personally believe that fuel pricing is one major way in which Govt. can drive the auto industry in line with its policies. Higher prices would move older vehicles out of road for example.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks