Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2008, 23:40   #76
BHPian

Cedia looks so dated. Wonder what's new in this edition? Where is the Evo X?
Old 30th September 2008, 10:19   #77
BHPian

Autocar had shown a spy pic of new lancer couple of months back. The car in the picture had shark nose bumper. Before opening the broucher, I was expecting to see that car. Since my cedia is only 5 months old, I am so relieved that Mitsubishi is not yet launching the new lancer
The car in this broucher looks like very minor modifications from the current car. Frankly speaking I didnt like the grill or the 12 spoke alloys. The only thing I am lusting after is the jazzy touch screen system. I wonder if I can get that fitted in to 2008 Cedia?

Last edited by sbelekar : 30th September 2008 at 10:21.
Old 30th September 2008, 10:39   #78
BHPian

Hey, the front end looks like that Nissan's new car! And 15'' disc brakes?????? On 15''wheels?!

EDIt: Yeah, Nissan Teana, as Ajmat and GTO mentioned.

Last edited by MalluDude : 30th September 2008 at 10:40.
Old 30th September 2008, 12:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

cummon guys, we all here are smarty pants, but for heavens sake this is not a brochure. This is a document made for some internal presentation.

Yes I do agree Mitsubishi lost way after the Lancer, they lost the goodwill they demanded because of the Lancer.

Its sad to see great brands fail here.

cheers,
AC
Old 30th September 2008, 13:34   #80
BHPian

!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
But you shout compare at what RPM the power and torque is generated.

Here is how it compares (2008NHC Vs Cedia Vs Altis)

118 PS@6600 rpm Vs 115 PS@5250 rpm Vs 132 PS @ 6000 rpm
146 Nm@4600 rpm Vs 175 Nm@4250 rpm Vs 170 Nm @ 4200 rpm

Cedia is still ahead of 2008NHC as per this comparison.

But I am sure the additional power on NHC should make a difference. The 2nd gen was too sluggish, don't expect it from 3rd gen.

Corolla Altis is a clear winner here in terms of engine spec.
We have to wait and watch for the rest.
Dude just to point it out you left out another important contender in this segment- the Civic.

Specs as you might be aware of-

1799cc, 132PS@6300rpm,175Nm@4300rpm.

Endowed with 200cc less than the Mitsubishi, it still manages to produce much higher power and almost similar torque at a slightly (+50rpm) higher rpm.
Old 1st October 2008, 21:36   #81
BHPian

'New' cedia has got nothing new about it other than few changes that is hardly noticeable. Mitsubishi is losing a war without a fight.
Old 1st October 2008, 21:50   #82
BHPian

.. and we discussing 6 pages of nothing !
Old 3rd October 2008, 14:42   #83
BHPian

I saw the price list o fMitsubish products(Mitsubishi - Price)

I saw the price of 'New' Cedia Sports:
New Sports - 9.87 lakhs
New Spirit - 9.48 lakhs

Does anyone know about this 'new' Cedia Sports and what goes into this extra 40K?
Old 3rd October 2008, 16:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post

New Sports - 9.87 lakhs
New Spirit - 9.48 lakhs

Does anyone know about this 'new' Cedia Sports and what goes into this extra 40K?
Nope, no idea on what this new Sports is. As far as I know we haven't got to see a Sports after it went out of stock.
I saw the Cedia Spirit in the showroom today. The front grill looked quite ok in the flesh actually. Overall, the car looked good with the body kit and the HU unit inside is quite cool.

The sales person, as was expected, was quite useless and didn't know much. I had to keep pointing out the differences b/w the old model and this facelifted one.
Old 3rd October 2008, 19:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure who is to blame regarding the debacle of Mitsubishi models in India - HM or Mitsubishi,

The history of HM has nothing to write home about, the fact that they still survive is suprising. This company is older than many of the top global car makers today but is just a dot taking even the Indian Auto Industry into account. One can blame Govt. regulations for this but HM can only blame itself for the last two decades, where the only major new product launch they have is the RTV, one new model in 15-20 years, suprised this co. still survives.

Mitsubishi in India is another sad story, The Lancer was in a position of strength being one of the better looking, modifiers favourite and the best diesel options in the segment. They just remained clueless once newer competition came in like the Octavia (a direct rival to the diesel Lancer). They always launch a product towards the end of its lifecycle abroad, this is especially true with the two generations of the Lancer we had (incl. the Cedia).

All Mitsubihi thinks of about our market is to assemble and sell existing models, there is no thought to focus on India modelwise or valuewise. there is no major investment outlay into the market, no export considerations, nothing. Well then they deserve the miniscule market share they have.
Old 3rd October 2008, 20:45   #86
Senior - BHPian

1. The Front end is looking bad
  2. The grille looks a lot like that of teana
  3. The rear lights carried from sports dont gel along with the cars simple lines
  4. The interior seats looks good but light colour in india is hugely impractical
  5. The a.c control looks quite tacky and certainly doesn't suit this type of interior
Old 3rd October 2008, 22:15   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post

New Sports - 9.87 lakhs
New Spirit - 9.48 lakhs

You can certainly expect a spoiler and fog lamps for sure. And may be some more. The grille will also be different. There will be changes to interiors too.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:41   #88
BHPian

I somehow don't like the looks of the this new "facelifted" cedia - looks worse now - at first glance i thought it was the hyundai accent
however I am glad they upped the so called gadgets inside - ACC and a good av system - the system has an option for video - which means i can connect my archos portable video player (3 rca cables) - i don't see an aux-in though - thats a downer for us non-apple users out here or anyone who intends to user their phone or something for music. Also I am guessing the nav is for some sort of gps, but not sure if its disabled or maybe they forgot to market that
Lets hope the sports variant has an engine tuned to justify the sport badge and has a good kit (preferably the old cedia front grill or something better) and alloys with less spokes (not more than 5-6 spokes plz!!)

Last edited by jassi : 6th October 2008 at 11:43.
Old 8th October 2008, 14:32   #89
BHPian

Do we know how much the Cedia will cost approximately?
Old 8th October 2008, 16:18   #90
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
i think it will not sell as the lancer or maybe the current Cedia did.
Did the Cedia really sell?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks