Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 13:18   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

How about removing a leaf?
Old 28th January 2009, 14:29   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
The worst thing with the bolero is the way it will swings when you cross a speedbraker at an angle (say 45 deg). It will swing your upper body like a pendulum. I had hurt my neck a couple of times. It happens in all SUVs to some extent but i am not sure why its so bad in bolero.
I know what you are talking about. But harder shock Absorbers will reduce the swing. I use Bilstein B6 front and rear and its an amazing feeling over bad roads.
Old 28th January 2009, 18:54   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
The worst thing with the bolero is the way it will swings when you cross a speedbraker at an angle (say 45 deg). It will swing your upper body like a pendulum. I had hurt my neck a couple of times. It happens in all SUVs to some extent but i am not sure why its so bad in bolero.
The upper body swing is called 'head toss' effect...a big problem in American Jeeps too.
Old 28th January 2009, 19:11   #109
BHPian

Wow - Bolero Stinger it is called? Modded by Mahindra (they keep teasing us in Auto Expo) or by some pvt parties? I wish the wheel base to be more shorter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Another reason to buy this
Old 28th January 2009, 21:09   #110
BHPian

@ chanapli - does the B6 Bilsteins make the ride harsh. How much do they cost ? Is any modification required to fix them?
Old 29th January 2009, 10:41   #111
BHPian

Price of bolero after budget

Hey,
Any idea about the prices of bolero after the 2009 budjet..will it increase or decrease ..please share your thoughts..
Old 29th January 2009, 11:56   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe M&M have just revised the prices of the bolero's after the introduction of the Xylo. It came down by some 10K.

After the CENVAT cut, I doubt the government is going to do anything more that directly impacts the costs of the auto industry. However, I do think interest rates will continue to get more competitive - effectively bringing down the overall purchase costs of a car.
Old 29th January 2009, 15:28   #113
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Another reason to buy this
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Wow - Bolero Stinger it is called? Modded by Mahindra (they keep teasing us in Auto Expo) or by some pvt parties? I wish the wheel base to be more shorter.
Spotted in Mumbai & fallen in love! MH-15 registration, so presumably a Mahindra owned Stinger. Beautiful Jeep.
Attached Thumbnails
Bolero - Beast got better with CRde Heart-moto_0366.jpg  

Bolero - Beast got better with CRde Heart-moto_0367.jpg  

Old 29th January 2009, 22:57   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
My guess is that it is a CRDe version of the XD3P engine which is also 2.5 liters. Same as the CRDe bolero.
This IS the XD3P engine in CRDe form, developed in-house by Mahindra - now slightly uprated from 97 bhp to 112 bhp to do duty as the Xylo's heart. In pushing up the horses as well as fuel efficiency, torque took a beating and came down to 235 Nm from 255 Nm in the Xylo.
Old 29th January 2009, 23:14   #115
BHPian

Pondy Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I believe M&M have just revised the prices of the bolero's after the introduction of the Xylo. It came down by some 10K.

After the CENVAT cut, I doubt the government is going to do anything more that directly impacts the costs of the auto industry. However, I do think interest rates will continue to get more competitive - effectively bringing down the overall purchase costs of a car.
You're right! The OTR of SLX quoted today was Rs.5,95,000. Pl. note it is Euro II.
Old 30th January 2009, 08:59   #116
Senior - BHPian

hi GTO, were you at a mahindra meet or something? LOL...
i can see 4 mahindras in your picture, 1 stinger, 2 scorpios & 1 pick-up!
Old 30th January 2009, 12:15   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsolo27 View Post
You're right! The OTR of SLX quoted today was Rs.5,95,000. Pl. note it is Euro II.
Euro II? Isnt that the same as BS II? I thought only BS III are allowed registration in Bangalore. Which is why the M2DI BSII is not sold in Bangalore. You can buy this outside Bangalore, register it there, and then drive it around here.
Old 1st February 2009, 11:35   #118
Senior - BHPian

Due to a recent experience I have decided to go for Bolero. TD'ed both the DI Turbo as well as the CRDe. CRDe was a revelation with awesome power available on the tap of the throttle. Was able to drive it like a petrol vehicle. Only thing is keep the engine above 2000 rpm and its a blast to drive. Felt above average body roll on CRDe compared to DI Turbo, would like to know whether thats a normal thing.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:15   #119
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi GTO, were you at a mahindra meet or something? LOL...
i can see 4 mahindras in your picture, 1 stinger, 2 scorpios & 1 pick-up!
You missed the Jeep that the picture was taken from . Look at the second pic, you can see the Classics mirror.
Old 2nd February 2009, 12:49   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Due to a recent experience I have decided to go for Bolero. TD'ed both the DI Turbo as well as the CRDe. CRDe was a revelation with awesome power available on the tap of the throttle. Was able to drive it like a petrol vehicle. Only thing is keep the engine above 2000 rpm and its a blast to drive. Felt above average body roll on CRDe compared to DI Turbo, would like to know whether thats a normal thing.
The bodyroll is more because of the speed at which the vehicle is launched into corners. This is precisely what I had raised on another thread and which made me opt out of the CRDE conclusively. Have a look: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post1147687

And secondly, the Bolero's steering feedback is constant at all speeds. What the means is the steering feedback will be the same irrespective of whether you are parking at home or if you are gunning at 100kmph down a highway! With added power upto 97 horses, I think this is extremely dangerous!

And if you have been tied between the DI Turbo and the CRDE like I have been over the past week, read posts through this page: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1146882

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks