Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 09:57   #31
BHPian

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]But of course, this is not an official brochure, nor is it titled it to be one. It is only a presentation. (Not difficult to guess looking at amateurish Photographs, is it?) I don’t think they have plans to bring out a brochure either since this is only a facelift. And I don’t know if somebody is watching us closely for I have nothing to do with HM, I'm only a paltry HR professional with a Retail MNC! [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]I was on the verge of a buying a Cedia when it went out of stock and ever since have been following the developments closely. (Read a lot of pestering calls to the dealers, ex-dealers, HM -Chennai et-cetera!)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]It’s around 11.7 Lacs OTR Bangalore (9.87 Lacs Ex-factory). Now, guys advice me if this is worth it? I would be stretching my budget by a fair bit and like I mentioned in another thread have booked a Fiesta S. I will have to cancel that deal.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 21st October 2008, 11:04   #32
BHPian

Hey come on its not all bad, atleast its a step up from the existing sports, climate control, momo steering, oz wheels, pretty decent upgrade from the existing cedia, but would agree maybe not enough.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
a decade old car launched now.
just see this, its the 2006 mitsu lancer ES (US version)
Spot on. I guess they got the discarded dies from a Mitsubishi factory elsewhere and plan to dump this "NEW" car on unsuspecting Indians.

The writing on the wall has been clear for some time now. Mitsubishi needs to get rid of its Indian partner - M/S Hindustan Motors. Otherwise, Lancer brand will end up where the Amby is today,i.e nowhere.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:46   #34
BHPian

Mitsubishi is so ripping off Indian customers.

That's the 2006 model year revision of the Mitsubishi Lancer which was launched in North America. So it's almost 3 years late in India (since it's technically the 2009 model year now).
Mitsubishi Lancer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I recently bought a used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer here and that has the exact same specs as this one, except that mine still has a higher torque and power output.

So technically they are using the same engine as the one over 5 years back and then calling it a "new" version.

EDIT: Looks like amit V8 has said the same thing before which pretty much makes me look like an idiot now!!

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 21st October 2008 at 11:50.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:59   #35
Team-BHP Support

The corolla Altis engine is also generations old. Does anyone have any idea how old the G series maruti engines are?

Okay so it's not a giant step but nonetheless they are atleast upgrading models more regularly now which is a step in the right direction I would say.
Old 21st October 2008, 12:30   #36
BHPian

Its an old design alright but I feel this car wouldnt age drastically. And I love pronounced three-box looking cars as compared to the more contemporary designs like the City etc. Also, the new Lancer isnt a ground breaking design, is it?

BTW, I happened to have a look at the Spirit, the Kenwood HU display doesnt look all that great.
Old 21st October 2008, 15:24   #37
BHPian

Existing Cedia Sports owners, what feature from the new version would you like to upgrade in your existing car? Given that there is a scope for upgrade.

1. Climate Control
2. Oz Alloys
3. Steering wheel
4. Sports pedals
5. The new grill

Seriously speaking, will Mitsu-HM allow the existing Cedia sports owners to upgrade any of the above parts?
Old 21st October 2008, 16:00   #38
BHPian

I would definitely go for the climate control, the steering wheel and the oz alloys if they let me that is
Old 22nd October 2008, 01:56   #39
BHPian

Better job at modifying Sports Cedia compared to Spirit version. I still believe this would not be enough to push the sales of Cedia. Mitsu need to bring the new lancer and do something dramatically different with Cedia.
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Spot on. I guess they got the discarded dies from a Mitsubishi factory elsewhere and plan to dump this "NEW" car on unsuspecting Indians.

The writing on the wall has been clear for some time now. Mitsubishi needs to get rid of its Indian partner - M/S Hindustan Motors. Otherwise, Lancer brand will end up where the Amby is today,i.e nowhere.
As a buyer I dont see this as bad at all.
I would prefer some models to stay as long as possilbe.

The old lancer and the Cedia are one of the best lookers on road.
For people who are used to the Lancers and the Cedia they might not find a car which matches it.

The car is can be customised to suit your needs. With a production model the cost and availablility of spares is not an issue.

Honda's has been very successful in India and is extremely agressive in its new model launches, but for a OHC Vtec owner (lover) might have to part ways with his car owing to high maintanence costs.

I dont mind if they use discarded dies of the Mitsubishi factory and get the Lancer Evolution IX (Priced at 15 lacs ) along with the new dies of Lancer Evolution X
Old 22nd October 2008, 11:08   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
As a buyer I dont see this as bad at all.
I would prefer some models to stay as long as possilbe.

I dont mind if they use discarded dies of the Mitsubishi factory and get the Lancer Evolution IX (Priced at 15 lacs ) along with the new dies of Lancer Evolution X

I second thatI wish they looked at something like this to push the brand value of Mitusbishi all the way to the top.
Old 4th November 2008, 00:42   #42
BHPian

the cedia is a very nice car in terms of handling. the latest avatar just offers more for a little bit more on the pocket. this car will still remain as an option for many because there is going to be a substantial pricing difference between the cedia and the new lancer
Old 4th November 2008, 09:58   #43
BHPian

i dont mind if they retain the cedia and its current look, all I wish for is a reasonably priced sporty variant with the mivec plonked in it
Old 4th November 2008, 11:57   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Now they have the show. All they need is the GO. They have the wonderful Outlander 2.4L 170PS MIVEC engine.

All they need is to plonk that engine into this car and charge a good 3L more like 14L.

With this we would get the replacement to the Skoda RS in a reliable japanese car for sub 20L.
I dont know if Outlander's engine fits in Cedia , but if so I second this opinion . Its going to be one helluva car. RS is great for straight roads and highspeed gradual turnings but when it comes to quick directional changes , RALLIART is something great though a stiffer suspension would have completed the experience in a much better way.
Old 4th November 2008, 12:02   #45
BHPian

Has anyone checked if the new ACC can be fitted on our cedias?. I checked with southern motors in bangalore and they still dont have an answer to this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks