Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 13:28   #46
BHPian

Guys, This car looks really well done. I went and saw the Toyota's newly launched Altis. There is nothing new in that car. It has the same engine. Everything is the same as it was in the old car except for a fact that they have put power driver seat and hid lamps. They have priced it a bomb for that.

This one now has a decent upgrade from the earlier one. Climate control, look at the music system in the lancer, neat alloys and nice back and gray leather finish. Looks really cool

For the engine and brakes and the build quality and being priced a good 1.5 lakhs less it is a very good buy.
Old 4th November 2008, 13:51   #47
evo
BHPian

I like the looks of the car, very dated, but not bad for a facelift.
I understand that HM MITSU are chucking a 3 yr old car at us, but like I said, not bad for a facelift!

The alloys and steering are all very sexy wheels, however one question, does the momo steering mean that there is no airbag?
Old 4th November 2008, 15:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

i quite like the new additions. however, with all the news about the new lancer coming to india, is it right to launch this right now?
Old 4th November 2008, 15:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

Guys the New Cedia Sports is 10.50 Ex-showroom as per the website.So its not 9.87L as someone said.I guess it will cross 11.25 on road.
Old 4th November 2008, 15:36   #50
BHPian

well what do you know they upped the prices on their site
Mitsubishi - Price
spirit is 10.11 not 9.47 and sport is 10.5 not 9.87 anymore

I think mitsu-hm guys have lost it - and I thought they were getting a wee bit sensible I am sure there will be some more people who will call it an awesome deal when compared to civic and altis even at this price point and I am guessing it is with such positive comments that mitsu-hm decided to make some more money
Old 4th November 2008, 15:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i quite like the new additions. however, with all the news about the new lancer coming to india, is it right to launch this right now?
Looks like they have plan to continue selling Cedia even after the new Lancer has arrived. May be the new Lancer will have its base model priced at 11.5 lakh showroom price. Given the positioning of Civic and Corolla Altis, Mitsubishi will also price it a bit and for the lower end of the segment, they will have Cedia.

Moreover, given the pricing of G3HC, Cedia can be seen as an alternative to G3HC. The difference in pricing is not much and prospective customer of G3HC may try out Cedia. So basically Cedia will remain to fight out G3HC.
Old 4th November 2008, 16:42   #52
BHPian

Yes, its suicidal to get the pricing so close to the Civic/Altis territory. The prices were upped 1st onwards. I had called the Chennai plant to confirm it and the reason cited was high import costs of spares. ( With the dollar going up)

Also during a candid talk with a dealer, they admitted their lackadaisical approach to the Indian market. India has not been a focus area obviously. They never wanted to compete with the likes of Maruti, Honda and the like. They are content selling limited numbers, infact they claim to meet their targets (I wonder how low that is, now!)

It is frustrating, to say the least. Hope it changes with the advent of the Lancer next year.
Old 4th November 2008, 17:34   #53
BHPian

Spec and looks are really good.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:11   #54
BHPian

I saw the car on display, It is good. More looking like a executive car. The sportiness of the car is compromised, I would say.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrub View Post
I saw the car on display, It is good. More looking like a executive car. The sportiness of the car is compromised, I would say.
Wondering at your statement – what is the change that you feel has made the sportiness get compromised?
Did you see the Spirit or Sports model? Actually Mitsubishi has introduced some of the features of Sports model like extended bumpers into the Spirit model – and not other way round.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:40   #56
Senior - BHPian

Wheres the POWER????

115ps from a 2ltr engine is not impressing anyone here. Same goes for the torque, 175nm is what the Altis and Civic produce from a 1.8 ltr engine!!!

Moreover, with a power to weight ratio of just 92bhp/ton, acceleration is gonna be

Shan2nu
Old 4th November 2008, 22:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Wheres the POWER????

115ps from a 2ltr engine is not impressing anyone here. Same goes for the torque, 175nm is what the Altis and Civic produce from a 1.8 ltr engine!!!

Moreover, with a power to weight ratio of just 92bhp/ton, acceleration is gonna be

If I am not wrong, this car has a very long stroke engine.
Let compare this way.
Civic has equal amount of torque from a 1.8 ltr engine, but the motor is not long stroke ( 87.3mm stroke and 81mm bore ).
Corolla again has long stroke motor, bore X stroke 79mm X 91.5 mm.
But Cedia has 81.5mm X 95.8 mm bore X stroke. This gives an excellent torque and in reality makes driving the easier in city where as the Civic with more powerful and greater torque motor is not happy in city environment.
Corolla Altis has the best in gear timings from all the three cars.

Cedia IMO performs well in real life conditions and manages under 11 second 0-100 timings. Yes not very good, but again the torque makes it much better to drive. Moreover refinement is better than Corolla Altis and perhaps the best combination of ride and handling apart from Skoda.
Cedia must have a better motor, no doubt, but then it still is sufficiently powerful for Indian conditions.
Old 4th November 2008, 23:13   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Wheres the POWER????

Shan2nu
Well so was my feeling until I tried driving it. I suggest you just TD it yourself. Yes the chassis could do with more power but the current motor is no slouch.

0-100 comes in exactly 10.2 secs on stock tyres and 9.89 on my car with upgraded rubber.
Old 5th November 2008, 00:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

HMs gone nuts, with these prices they aint gonna sell any numbers of this excellent yet flop car. Dont know whether they want to increase or decrease their not so good sales.

they are clearly indicating that the new lancer aint gonna be anything less than 12lacs, i guess altis is the one priced for value for money.
Old 5th November 2008, 01:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

HM should have put a 1.5 ltre engine to this car and sell it to compete with sx4 and city. The old lancer in no more needed and should have launced the new lancer to compete with civic and corolla.

I am not even sure when the new lancer will be launced, since 2005 was first when I read that outlanders comming to india it got launched in 2008.

and now they are planning a face lift for outlander in international markets thats cheating on outlander buyers here in india.

God knows what kind of market anaysis they do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks