Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2008, 19:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
I think VW are losing a hell lot of credibility in India. Poor A.S.S with Skoda and now reliability problems with VWs. Whats next? Audi?
Audi are going to be far worse. The multitronic and tiptronic systems are plagued with problems. Wait till some of the cars hit 40K+ miles and how the systems begin to play up. Costly item to replace as well when out of warranty.
Old 31st October 2008, 20:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Audi are going to be far worse. The multitronic and tiptronic systems are plagued with problems. Wait till some of the cars hit 40K+ miles and how the systems begin to play up. Costly item to replace as well when out of warranty.
Seriously man this is ridiculous. First you pay a mark up of almost 100% on the car price as compared to the west, and then you get problems with the very technology for which you have paid top money for!
Old 31st October 2008, 21:26   #48
BHPian

Sorry for going OT guys, but since we are talking about Audi, read this month's Autocar where a brand new A6 in Mumbai had some issues with the Power steering and oil leakage at just 190 kms
Old 31st October 2008, 22:35   #49
BHPian

Even with all these problems, VW has reported an increase in its topline and bottom line in the first nine months of this year, a 28.5% increase in profit after tax.

There must be something they are doing right! But it remains to be seen how long they can sustain it with cars less reliable than space shuttles
Old 1st November 2008, 10:15   #50
BHPian

With the kind of attention VW is getting in its share price and trouble with the hedge funds over Porsche stake, I don't think VW has the time to think about quality.
Old 1st November 2008, 16:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Guys,

VWs Passat is turning out to be one of the most problematic cars sold in India. Of the several ownership reviews received by us, only 4 cars (or 13.xx%) have NOT had a major problem. The following common issues have been reported frequently:

- DSG Gearbox failure
- Blown Turbo charger
- Excessive oil consumption : To the tune of a liter every 1,500 - 2,000 kms.
- Refusing to start. No noise, no cranking...nothing.
- Fuel pump failure.
- E-Parking brake failure : intermittently, it simply doesn't disengage!

VWs reliability record is outrageous for a premium car costing over 25 lakhs! This is so reminiscent of the erstwhile C180.

I just wanted to put a headsup for anyone considering the Passat. DON'T!

I strongly agree. Indian consumers have been perennially taken for a ride by several automobile manufacturers including Mercedes and now VW. I wonder if such a dismal record would have not caused major news in US or Western Europe.

Also three cheers for TBHP for being india's premier automotive forum for unbiased news and views. Its really praiseworthy of GTO and team to share forum feedback and give us a heads up like this!

Elito
Old 2nd November 2008, 00:33   #52
BHPian

Could this be one of the reasons why no one wants to make the investment and start a dealership in other cities like Chennai?
Old 2nd November 2008, 08:08   #53
BHPian

Oh no, I dont feel like checking the thread further. Audi is one of my Fav brands, and I cant see bad reviews coming in for Audi also.

VW was never a brand which I liked, but thats not the case with Audi. I feel like those are the guys who offer a lot of value for the money we pays. All Audi's cars and Suvs were like that. Now it is also having problems.
Old 2nd November 2008, 11:13   #54
BHPian

Check this month's Autocar. There's a case of this guy's brand new A6's power steering stopped working, and on top of that the power steering oil started leaking into the engine bay. The car was barely a few days old.
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Could this be one of the reasons why no one wants to make the investment and start a dealership in other cities like Chennai?
Transcar ( Mercedes dealers for Chennai ) have already been appointed VW dealers for Chennai.

They are all part of the ETA group, and are constructing a new showroom somewhere in Nandanam / Saidapaet, on the way to the airport.
Old 2nd November 2008, 12:36   #56
BHPian

OT: That's good news. So now the airport road will have the Honda, Bmw, and the VW dealerships
Old 17th December 2008, 10:03   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbasak View Post
Where as most Toyotas & Nissans plying as taxis go strong even after 400,000+ miles!

As you can see here, many UK buyers are not happy about Passat's reliability

Volkswagen Passat Saloon Reader Reviews - What Car?

Totyota 400K + miles? hehehe. Toyota owners celebrate if their cars cross 200K miles. 400K is far fetched. It is possible if there is an engine change. However, I had seen many Mercedes and Volvo cars doing 400K+.
Old 17th December 2008, 10:25   #58
BHPian

...and people complain about the robust Tata cars...
Old 17th December 2008, 10:27   #59
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhga View Post
Totyota 400K + miles? hehehe. Toyota owners celebrate if their cars cross 200K miles. 400K is far fetched. It is possible if there is an engine change. However, I had seen many Mercedes and Volvo cars doing 400K+.
I have personally seen atleast half a dozen Cressida taxis in Dubai with over 300k kms without an engine overhaul.

A friend just sold their Prado with 250k plus and it had never been overhauled

BTW Im impressed if as you say Mercs and Volvo's do 400k + miles. Those are probably the exceptions. At 400k miles thats 600k + kms!!

Last edited by DKG : 17th December 2008 at 10:33.
Old 17th December 2008, 10:59   #60
BHPian

One of the popular auto magazines Overdrive has also cribbed about gear box going bust in less than 6 months that too on a car costing close to 22 L on road is defnitely a owners De- Lite

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks