Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 21:30   #46
BHPian

has anyone got to know whether blue and me is linked to
1. ECU
2. Car security system.
coz im think if i can retro fit it into my car.
or may be somebody has seen its wiring diagram
Old 29th November 2009, 20:52   #47
BHPian

It is a simple WinMo 5.4 system connected to the Blaupunkt unit and nothing else. You want to retro fit Blue&Me in your car? It may be possible if you have the Emotion variant and will require opening of the dash.
Old 4th December 2009, 16:30   #48
BHPian

Blue & Me is a Lovely Feature in FIAT's . But, i am completely frustrated as we are deprived of the whole experience here in India.

Following features i miss in my Linea :
1. No Blue & ME NAV Fiat / Blue&Me

2. No Blue & Me Maps Fiat / Blue&Me

3. No EcoDrive (not available for Linea anywhere in the world) Fiat.co.uk | Eco Drive - Homepage

Regarding EcoDrive, i would like to request all Punto owners to give a feedback on this Software . If you have not used it so far i suggest you follow the link above and download and start using it.

FIAT 500 owners can also experience the EcoDrive feature. Please update your experiences.

I guess Lineans will have to wait till FIAT feels that they have enough Linea's on the Road
FastLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2009, 19:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

How does one update the B&M software?
When i was getting used to B & M controls, i accidentally selected update option, it started to download automatically using my phone's GPRS connection. Then I cancelled the update. So right now i see a 'resume update' option. Is it safe to update the software? Anybody updated the software already?

BTW, i am installing EcoDrive software from the link (thanks to FastLove). I am planning to try this too if there are no unwanted side effects.
Old 4th December 2009, 20:23   #50
J.Ravi

SilentEngine: You can update to Blue&Me version 5.4.09 using your usb pendrive. For more information, click the link given below. EcoDrive is not applicable for Indian Fiat prodcuts. After updating to version 5.4.09, you will need Blue&Me adaptar to listen to the songs/music from your ipod. Before updating, at least it will play music from ipod at random. After updating to 5.4.09, you cannot come back to the old version. Please read the instructions before upgrading. I updated to v 5.4.09. After updating, the phonebook is getting refreshed during every synchronization, i.e., whenever the key is turned to MAR position. So, if you delete/add a contact in your phonebook in your mobile, automatically it is reflected in Blue&Me. Earlier, my mobile service provider's name was not displayed. Now, it is. Earlier, Blue&Me didn't obey my voice commands at all. Now, voice command success rate is more than 50%! Since my Nokia 7210 is not compatible with Blue&Me for sms reader, it is functioning in Blue&Me [both before and after updating].

Fiat.co.uk | Blue&Me

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th December 2009 at 20:36.

Old 4th December 2009, 20:53   #51
BHPian

The newer Lineas are coming with 5.4 pre-installed. If you are able to use your iPod with Blue&Me, it means that firmware has been upgraded by OEM.

@Fastlove. We might get to see these features only after a reliable service provider can say with assurance that all roads and POIs in a country as vast as India are covered. Till then, even if Fiat offers SatNav, it might be a half-baked product which will earn Fiat more brick bats than bouquets.
Old 5th December 2009, 15:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to check what is the version of Blue&Me software already present in the car?

In my case, i am able to connect iPod and play songs from it. Though it plays in random order by default, I can control the playing order (play all/album etc) using steering wheel controls. But what i am not sure is if i can play non-mp3 format songs. May be the adapter will be required for that purpose.

So I don't think i need to update the Blue&Me at the moment, as rest of the features are working fine, including message reader. I am using Nokia 6230i which has a good compatibility with Blue&Me.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 5th December 2009 at 15:17.
Old 5th December 2009, 16:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

No ecodrive

I tried to install EcoDrive, but i get "USB error:10" during update. So i guess EcoDrive is not available in Indian Puntos. :(
Old 5th December 2009, 17:14   #54
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Is there a way to check what is the version of Blue&Me software already present in the car?
The following is the extract of instructions in page 2:

Before: M.M. PLAYER Now: MEDIA PLAYER
Before: CONTINUOUS PLAY Now: REPEAT TRACK
Before: DEVICE UPDATE Now: (item removed)

Last edited by J.Ravi : 5th December 2009 at 17:18.

Old 7th December 2009, 17:01   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
If you are able to use your iPod with Blue&Me, it means that firmware has been upgraded by OEM.
Before i updated B&M to 5.4 on my punto my ipod would work. Now i need the Ipod B&M Adapter to use the ipod. the adapter is not available in india as yet.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:17   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I tried to install EcoDrive, but i get "USB error:10" during update. So i guess EcoDrive is not available in Indian Puntos. :(
Even I have tried 3 to 4 times to install ecodrive using different USBs and using different Formatting as well, but still the same error "USB error:10" .
If we upgrade to the latest version will ecodrive work?
Old 7th December 2009, 18:23   #57
J.Ravi

EcoDrive will not work as it is not compatible with Indian Fiat products.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th December 2009 at 18:25.

Old 8th December 2009, 20:57   #58
BHPian

I am having trouble up[dating Blue and me.

I downloaded the software & instructions from the fiat.co.uk site given by ravi above and tried following:

1)formatted pendrive as FAT32
2) copied all the 6 files to the root of USB drive.
82UP
C82E.cab
C82S_v10.cab
COU.pku
DEU.pku
install.inf
3) Instered pendrive, turned key to MARposition.
4) Update Started
5) Result is Update Failed
USB Error 10

Help guys!
Mine is a march'09 manufacture and I can see the settings -> update still (so my Blue and me version has to be older than 5.4)
Old 8th December 2009, 21:12   #59
J.Ravi

neotraveller: Please try with some other pendrive of < 2 GB capacity.

Old 8th December 2009, 21:12   #60
BHPian

This is in the install.ini file found in the update package

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.2]
Open1 = C82S_v10.cab
Open2 = COU.pku
Open3 = DEU.pku
Open4 = C82E.cab

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.3]
Open1 = C82S_v10.cab
Open2 = COU.pku
Open3 = DEU.pku
Open4 = C82E.cab
=====================
It is clear that if the version is other than 5.2 and 5.3, it will not be updated. So neotraveller I guess you have 5.4 installed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks