Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2009, 22:50   #61
BHPian

I tried with 2 1gb pendrives (FAT32 formatted). Still same USB error
Guys, anymore ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
neotraveller: Please try with some other pendrive of < 2 GB capacity.

If mine is 5.4 version, I should ot see the "update" option in menu right?
But I can see it in menu, which makes me believe mine is older than 5.4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
It is clear that if the version is other than 5.2 and 5.3, it will not be updated. So neotraveller I guess you have 5.4 installed.
Old 10th December 2009, 08:56   #62
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
If mine is 5.4 version, I should ot see the "update" option in menu right? But I can see it in menu, which makes me believe mine is older than 5.4.
One way of checking whether the existing version is 5.4 or not is to see the display of the music player as given in the instructions in page 2:

Before: M.M. PLAYER Now: MEDIA PLAYER
Before: CONTINUOUS PLAY Now: REPEAT TRACK
Before: DEVICE UPDATE Now: (item removed)

If the music player displays MEDIA PLAYER and REPEAT TRACK, then be assured that it is version 5.04 only.

Old 14th January 2010, 20:39   #63

- First make sure the USB drive is formatted in FAT32 file system. Then copy update files to the USB (unzip the package before copying).
- In the car, move the key to MAR position without actually starting the car.
- Go to Settings and delete all user data from the car. Switch off the car. This step is important as I always had the update failing till I tried this.
- Make sure the bluetooth on the cellphone is switched off and insert the USB drive into the car's USB port.
- Move the key to MAR position and then update will start. Switch off the car only when "Completed" is displayed on the instrument clutter. It will display "Restarting" in between and also play the radio but wait for the "Completed" message.
- Remove USB and restart the car. You can now pair your cellphone as though it was a phone (you can also do this after deleteing Blue&Me from list of paired devices on the cellphone.
Old 13th February 2010, 11:47   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I am having trouble up[dating Blue and me.

I downloaded the software & instructions from the fiat.co.uk site given by ravi above and tried following:

1)formatted pendrive as FAT32
2) copied all the 6 files to the root of USB drive.
82UP
C82E.cab
C82S_v10.cab
COU.pku
DEU.pku
install.inf
3) Instered pendrive, turned key to MARposition.
4) Update Started
5) Result is Update Failed
USB Error 10

Help guys!
Mine is a march'09 manufacture and I can see the settings -> update still (so my Blue and me version has to be older than 5.4)
Neo, I think I found solution to your problem. I am quoting from my own thread where I posted the full procedure:

""""I had been postponing this for sometime. Got time today and started it. Some time back, I had downloaded version 5.4.0.9 from this site Fiat.co.uk | BLUE&ME SOFTWARE UPDATE & IPOD ADAPTER NOW AVAILABLE and had it with me. Copied it to a 2GB stick and started update. A few seconds later, system threw up USB error10, with a voice message saying "Check USB disk, Files not correct (or something similar to this effect)."

This only meant that the version installed in my car was already 5.4.0.9 and needed something higher. So I did some googling and found out that a version 5.4.11 exists. This how you can download:

Go here: Fiat.co.uk | Blue&Me wait for the page to load fully. In the right corner of flash animation, click on Blue&Me help. This will take you to a smaller help screen. Click on update tab on this screen and download the 5.4.11 update.

After downloading, update procedure is same. After the update was finished, media player did not start on its own after I inserted the media carrying stick. Insert the media stick and on the CD console, select media player by pressing menu button. Media files were recognised and started playing nicely.

After this, on the steering mounted controls, press the phone button and scroll to settings menu.
On reaching settings menu, press the phone symbol button again and select media player by scrolling. In media player, there are two options: Loop on/off and Media Player autostart on/off. Select 'On' and you are good to go.

You will need to pair your phone again after the update."""""

Hope this helps you.
Old 21st February 2010, 23:18   #65
BHPian

Has anybody tested any of the New Android Phones with Blue & Me. The Google Nexus One is not able to transfer the Audio to the car speakers . This was tested by my friend in his ANHC. I had the Nexus with me for few hours but could not test it on my Linea. Will do it shortly but Nexus is reported to have issues with Bluetooth connectivity on almost all car systems. But, anyone using any other Android phone or iphone please give your feedback.

Also, still feel that we should have ecodrive/maps etc as i mentioned in my earlier post by now in india . Any news on these anyone??

Last edited by FastLove : 21st February 2010 at 23:19.
Old 21st February 2010, 23:22   #66
BHPian

@NutsnBolts, yes what u said is true, our systems alrady have 5.4.0.9 and now we are able to update to 5.4.11.
Thanks for ths tip, I have updated it now.

Infact I did a stupid thing by switching off the ignition even before it said update finished !
Luckily the update process resumed from where it left off. Phew!
Old 22nd February 2010, 00:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

I had updated the BLUE&ME long back. works fine for me.

Fast love i am also planning to get a android based phone.

My brother in law has a samsung i5700 android.

Have to give it a try with my linea.

You too check out an android and post your comments
Old 22nd March 2010, 04:41   #68
BHPian

Alright. I have a Fiat Linea bought in June last year.

I am not sure what version of Blueandme it has but I assume that it is an older version.

I found the latest updates on Fiat UK website. But the PDF file accompanied has so many warnings that I am rethinking. As usual, I decided to check TBHP for suggestions...

I also happen to own a Nexus One. It actually works better with the system compared to my old Nokia 6275. SMS reading does not work (on both). I have no clue if it works for anyone else. But it does manage to access recently dialed numbers on my N1 so that is an improvement from the Nokia phone. Syncing address book? Never worked for me.

What I want to ask is...

Which version is the latest one (and of course safe for the Indian edition of Linea).
What is Fiat India's policy related to firmware updates... The last time I checked with the service center dude about a possible firmware upgrade, he gave me weird looks. Is the system delicate enough to get messed up with some problem during the upgrade? I plan to take the printout of the PDF file with instructions to ensure that I do not make any mistake. Would Fiat India help out in case there are any problems and the system get borked?

Is it worth it to risk upgrading the firmware? I have pretty much lost all hope getting the system work as Fiat had claimed it would. I just use it to accept calls when I am driving. Voice recognition? Song selection? Could never get it to work for me. I simply laugh when I see the feature list on the Fiat website. Apparently they also have a NAV system integrated with BlueandMe!

Is the firmware upgrade worth it? I do not plan to use the iPod Touch 2G I have with it. I just use my Nexus One with this car.

Any thoughts?
Old 22nd March 2010, 08:34   #69
BHPian

Hi Susubh. In all probability, you should have version 5.4.09. The one available in Fiat UK site is version 5.4.11.If you do not use iPod, there is no use upgrading. I did not understand what problems are you facing with Blue&Me.

SMS reading doesn't work for many phones. What works is email reading. For syncing phonebook, on your phone you have to allow copying of phonebook.

As far as your doubts of Fiat providing support, here is what happened with me. I upgraded to version 5.4.11. and i don't use iPod. With the previous version, the media player (USB Stick) had a resume memory. With the newer version, the media player doesn't remember the library after you switch the car off. I reported this to the SA at concorde and he has happily offered to revert back the firmware (on my request) during next visit.

The Nav system you talk about is only available in UK. In India, the complete and detailed map is yet to make a mark.

Nexus one being on Android platform, should have compatibility issues. Do check in your phone if there is a "push" feature for phonebook or any permissions are required.

I have been using voice recognition regularly for making calls and for selecting media. So can't understand your apprehension there.
Old 22nd March 2010, 14:53   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushubh View Post
Alright. I have a Fiat Linea bought in June last year.

I am not sure what version of Blueandme it has but I assume that it is an older version.

I found the latest updates on Fiat UK website. But the PDF file accompanied has so many warnings that I am rethinking. As usual, I decided to check TBHP for suggestions...

I also happen to own a Nexus One. It actually works better with the system compared to my old Nokia 6275. SMS reading does not work (on both). I have no clue if it works for anyone else. But it does manage to access recently dialed numbers on my N1 so that is an improvement from the Nokia phone. Syncing address book? Never worked for me.

What I want to ask is...

Which version is the latest one (and of course safe for the Indian edition of Linea).
What is Fiat India's policy related to firmware updates... The last time I checked with the service center dude about a possible firmware upgrade, he gave me weird looks. Is the system delicate enough to get messed up with some problem during the upgrade? I plan to take the printout of the PDF file with instructions to ensure that I do not make any mistake. Would Fiat India help out in case there are any problems and the system get borked?

Is it worth it to risk upgrading the firmware? I have pretty much lost all hope getting the system work as Fiat had claimed it would. I just use it to accept calls when I am driving. Voice recognition? Song selection? Could never get it to work for me. I simply laugh when I see the feature list on the Fiat website. Apparently they also have a NAV system integrated with BlueandMe!

Is the firmware upgrade worth it? I do not plan to use the iPod Touch 2G I have with it. I just use my Nexus One with this car.

Any thoughts?
Dont Upgrade . Just Focus on what you have that is the Latest (or the tested one) if it shows "Media Player" instead of "M.Player" .

I own a nexus one too and previosly had Sony Ericsson W960i

The phonebook sync has been a breeze with both phones. Why are you not able to sync phonebook from nexus one? Except Message REader everything else works just fine.

Nav System, ecodrice etc. i am also dying to see in FIAT Linea in India
Old 30th March 2010, 12:15   #71
BHPian

Got the Blue & Me adapter for iPhone 3G. Blue & Me rocks , i can play all the 16GB music I have on my phone.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:03   #72
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2010 at 12:03.
sukrit7 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th March 2010, 13:35   #73
BHPian

Guys , can the B&M be used to play music from the phone through bluetooth streaming? Just like a bluetooth stereo headset??
Old 30th March 2010, 14:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

The Blue&Me is not A2DP compliant (Thanks to punto-users-group-india on google for this info), so we can not play music on mobile using Blue&Me.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2010, 14:16   #75
BHPian

The only option to play music from your mobile is via the USB cable. If your mobile behaves as a flash drive in the USB mode then I think you can play music.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks