BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Hey Jesal,
What did you get done by DC?
i got a tempo traveller done from him last week have posted some pics here too
Old 8th April 2005, 19:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

I guess it'd be better to stop personal attacks on DC. Well you could always criticize his car in a little polite way.

Even I don't like some DC cars, but if you notice he has some very good designs too. For example, the ICICI moblie van and the stretched vehicles and tempo travellers. He had also modified the TATA Estate and it was good, very good.

Last edited by Gordon : 8th April 2005 at 19:32.
Old 9th April 2005, 00:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi. I'm DC. I "modify" cars. I put weird slab-sides on cars. I put huge grills and square projector lamps, and then I paint everything a weird orange. What does performance mean?

sorry...couldnt resist. the only designs i ever liked were the gaia (or maybe i cant remember what it looks like) and the bonito- designed cbz single...someone please teach dc the concept of curves...as opposed to angles...
Old 9th April 2005, 01:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hi. I'm DC. I "modify" cars. I put weird slab-sides on cars. I put huge grills and square projector lamps, and then I paint everything a weird orange. What does performance mean?
Hahahahahaha i love this
Old 9th April 2005, 01:19   #21
BANNED

Quote:

sorry...couldnt resist. the only designs i ever liked were the gaia (or maybe i cant remember what it looks like) and the bonito- designed cbz single...someone please teach dc the concept of curves...as opposed to angles...
whoa man ***. very funny
Old 9th April 2005, 01:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

hahahhaahah dude that was wild i read that twice ovver and for a second i really thought it was him

hahahhahaha dude too good i just love that
Old 9th April 2005, 01:40   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal

people who have nothing to do with extra money go to DC
it s not about people who have extra money , d.c. s maximum clients are people who don;'t know the market .

manson .

p.s. wouldn't be suprised if his son someday takes his car to rio or autopsyche to modify

Last edited by manson : 9th April 2005 at 01:42.
Old 9th April 2005, 01:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

p.s. wouldn't be suprised if his son someday takes his car to rio or autopsyche to modify

hahah dude that will be wild if it really happens but the possibilities are high because hid mods dont really bring out the car like the way arushs lancer look.they look amazing. wverything said and done DC will never be able to make any of his cars look like that !!
Old 9th April 2005, 02:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
hhahahaa .... ...*** the jokes man !!!
them son will be like ," mi daddy turned my rhino into an hippo ..can u fix it ? " " "
Old 9th April 2005, 02:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

*me bows to manson and revtech*
Old 9th April 2005, 03:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

dude you deserve all the praises man.your work is just amazing.The lancers wow !!! as soon as i get some extra cash comin to delhi for the vds man. just give me some time. lol

Rev
Old 9th April 2005, 06:28   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

I completly agree that DC design is ****, but one shouldnt forget that a decade ago he was one of the only few who did modifcations. I am sure there were many others but no1 really knew them hence access to other sources was very limited, thats when DC gave people a 'brand' of accesories. His alloys and other modifcations became a status symbol back in the days ever kid wanted atleast a DC sticker on his car coz thats the kind of name he built and hats off to him to charge so much back in the days and still get enuf business. Now that we have so much more talent around and so many people doing this stuff DC is almost wiped out of this segment but i still feel he rules at what he was always known to do best, modifying the interiors or specially vans and big limos. Thats the kind of stuff DC himself looks into i guess hence it comes out so good, he does charge a bomb, completly overpriced but his work is amazing... just look wat he did on sanjay dutts van and several other celeb wheels its amazing.
P.S - Talkin abt his son, i just remember i saw him once really long back in a blue beamer with front and back alloys of different design.....i mean *** !!! Just coz u r DC's son doesnt mean u r a trendsetter....haha...the car looked ridiculous....But the family does own some fine machines like the S 320 with AMG 20inch wheels looks HOT as hell! and ofcourse the aston martin green color i think with alloys to die for once again the multispoke

Last edited by Sahil : 9th April 2005 at 06:33.
Old 9th April 2005, 07:44   #29
BHPian

My view:
As a Tbhpian, lets make things better. Be it autopsyche or team FS or DC..or RIO.....India needs better souped up rides, and we deserve it. encourage any one who can make things better. I think we have no right critisizi...n others unless its very constructive.

Can any one do this

0r this

or this

or this

or this

I think these guys put a lot of effort making. So we need to make them do better things. Just my view, doesnt have to go with any others.........

and by the way how much did that modded pajero by DC go for??HEHE It was a copy cat of a VW concept I guess. Any ideas..

Last edited by Vulken Auto : 9th April 2005 at 07:45.
Old 9th April 2005, 14:03   #30
Senior - BHPian

To make a long story short, ive been following DC's work since i was like ten years old, and hats off to him! he was the initial insipiration... he totally ruled! (inspite of some ridiculous concepts). So by the time i was in high school it was pretty much decided what im gonna be doing, and thats what i have been for exactly one year now, ever since autopsyche was formed last april.

As far as DC's work goes, he is on a totally different league from all of us small time players, i mean the kinda mods we do now are those he's been with a decade ago. Agreed he had a monoply so anything he would have made would have sold.

And coming to his designs, they are too radical for indian mentality i guess. Since he is an art center college of design, (pasadena, california) alumni... he is habitual of the typical out-of-the-box thinking that designers usually apply to create something away from the norm. So i really dont blame him for the kind of work he ends up with.

Rest assured, all of us others who are following the same path of action would be coming up with our own line of thoughts and make the field all the more exciting.

Cheerios~

Arush

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks