Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 12:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Is this a Good time to buy the NHC, older model ?

Is this a Good time to buy the old NHC ?

I was at a Honda dealer in Bangalore a few days back on an official visit & the Finance Manager was saying that these old models were getting piled up in their yard.
The reason for that is because every time the dealer places order for 3 ANHCs, they are forced to take 6 (3x2) NHCs along with that. With the general slowdown worldwide, already their sales has plummeted from 500 cars a month to a meager 35-50 cars a month. Coupled with this, the company has chosen to launch the new model alongside the old one.

All these factors are forcing the dealerships to somehow get rid of the current stocks. I think this is the right time to bargain & get good deals, especially on the NHC.

So, is this a good time to buy the NHC for someone who has decided on it ?

Last edited by esteem_lover : 18th November 2008 at 12:05.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

I would have thought the same as you, except the Company and dealers are not on the same wavelength. I haven't seen any jaw dropping offers other than 'JBL speakers and alloy wheels' offer.

Dream would be to see either a Civic Hybrid type of massive price cut in a day, or probably like Cielo's 1.2 lacs off a few years ago. Of course, I am being a bit over ambitious here!
Old 18th November 2008, 12:27   #3
BHPian

My folks got an offer from Capital Honda just last week for the mid-level City (MT) model with accessories like Alloys, an extended warranty etc.

All this was for 7.5 L on-road, Chennai.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
My folks got an offer from Capital Honda just last week for the mid-level City (MT) model with accessories like Alloys, an extended warranty etc.

All this was for 7.5 L on-road, Chennai.
This is what I am talking about. Wouldn't it be a steal at 7.5L or a Vtec at 8-8.2L ?
Old 18th November 2008, 12:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Is this a Good time to buy the old NHC ?

I was at a Honda dealer in Bangalore a few days back on an official visit & the Finance Manager was saying that these old models were getting piled up in their yard.
The reason for that is because every time the dealer places order for 3 ANHCs, they are forced to take 6 (3x2) NHCs along with that. With the general slowdown worldwide, already their sales has plummeted from 500 cars a month to a meager 35-50 cars a month. Coupled with this, the company has chosen to launch the new model alongside the old one.

All these factors are forcing the dealerships to somehow get rid of the current stocks. I think this is the right time to bargain & get good deals, especially on the NHC.

Hi, yes I think it is a good time. Honda's hold their value quite well so even though it's an older model it should have decent resale. Also from what I was told by one dealer, the ANHC's fuel economy is a little worse than the i-DSI NHC. If that is the case then the NHC will continue to command good resale. Since you've decided on it, Im not going to get into pros and cons.
At this time, perhaps you can push the dealer to throw in extended warranty, alloy wheels and other such goodies for free. Very rarely do you have a Honda dealer at one's mercy!

Last edited by StarScream : 18th November 2008 at 12:37.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

If you're not worried about the resale & the fact that you'll be owning an older model, I would think it's not that bad a deal.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you're not worried about the resale & the fact that you'll be owning an older model, I would think it's not that bad a deal.
If the G3HC engine gives out less mileage than NHC, then for all you know, the resale value might not take that big a hit.
Old 18th November 2008, 12:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't it be a steal at 7.5L or a Vtec at 8-8.2L ?
Well, if there is indeed an inventory pile up, dealers or Honda can't really do much evasive action. The prices you quote just brings NHC to the levels of Aveo/Fiesta/SX4-not much below it.

Bottom line is, the offer is still not attractive for me. How about 6 L on road?
Old 18th November 2008, 13:03   #9
BHPian

u can buy a honda car anytime and never regret it. even discontinued models are highly regarded and enjoy good resale value.

and the icing on the cake is that you dont get to see a honda dealer on his knees every day make the most of the opportunity!
Old 18th November 2008, 13:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Maybe Late December ?

Mounting inventories + end of the year could fetch much better deals.

I think NHC is an excellent buy as a city petrol car. Even when ANHC will be fully availaible, there will always be takers for the i-DSi powered NHC! and i see no problems with it on the resale front too.

A NHC GXi at anything below 7L on road will be a sweet deal.

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 18th November 2008 at 13:17.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Resale value is important Ishan. BTW, this is for a friend of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Bottom line is, the offer is still not attractive for me. How about 6 L on road?
Aren't you asking for too much ? LOL, might as well come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Maybe Late December ?

Mounting inventories + end of the year could fetch much better deals.

Elito
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:36   #12
BHPian

NHC Vtech has 85K discount today. and others as per Honda dealer they are giving Insurance free that's it. And you know what he said, " Bahut hai Sir"
Old 18th November 2008, 15:41   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Maybe Late December ?

Totally agree. Honda would try their best to clear the City ZX stock by December. Best thing to do would be wait & watch. I would suggest ask your friend to keep some track of inventory at the dealer. If he could buy one of the last few cars he could possibly fetch more discounts.
Old 18th November 2008, 16:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

It looks like Honda has a lot of unsold G2HC.
This is not the best thing for anyone. First of all, the offer must be lower than 7.0 lakhs On Road pricing if they are really sincere in finishing the stock.

But for the buyer this is a good deal without doubt. If the idsi engined high end model is available for around 7 lakhs, its good VFM package.
The FE for this car is one of the best, and for resale, well, Honda cars generally depreciate less than other cars, so this must not be a really big issue.
Around Christmas newer deals will be coming. Wait till Christmas and you will see another around 20-30K reduced on the price of G2HC.
Old 18th November 2008, 19:20   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'd say it is a fantastic time to buy the NHC. Why?

1. Massive discounts are making it great value.

2. The ANHC is a fantastic car with its great looks & power. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT it is not a fitting replacement to the practical NHC. The NHC has better quality interiors, superior fuel efficiency, a higher (more comfortable) back seat and a price tag that is 1.5 lakhs lower.

I'd say anyone who is looking at a practical city car should definitely buy one of the last few NHCs available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks