Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 20:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
The rear sunblind, is it a automatic one or the ones which we have fitted in after market where we manully need to pull it up or down. If it automatic, then its a great feature in this price range car.
IIRC its manual- but then again - there are no other cars in the price range with these offerings.

Quote:
0-100 kmph - 13.8 Seconds
Top Speed - 169 kmph
it actually takes 15 seconds... so what? it takes one from point A to B in a certain amount of comfort? yes, I dont see this car entering the ACI Speedrun, but what is the point?
Old 24th November 2008, 20:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

^^ It is a big deal for many bhpians and buyers as Fiat has not given us a complete package. Such half hearted attempts (spcly 77 bhp petrol) probably will not do company great good. There would have been many takers of the 1.6 ltr or 1.9 ltr motor. When many forummers find 118 PS ANHC underpowered than this sure would be a big let down. If its just about going from point A to point B in comfort and FE, I will buy a Indigo XL. But when one spends this much he expects a decently powered car spcly for those who self drive. If they price it in Desire terrirtory (slightly higher) thats fine, but if they price it in the Verna, SX4, ANHC terrirtory they would be putting nail in their coffin.

Last edited by aseem : 24th November 2008 at 20:16.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:26   #93
BHPian

I agree with Aseem. In fact, Honda wanted to get over with their underpowered NHC and put a 118bhp one and still people are not happy. Fiat is doing the same mistake if they don't launch the 1.4 T-jet. People might be okay with the 90bhp diesel as diesel sell in India for a different reason altogether.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:33   #94
Senior - BHPian

Aseem and Opendro, i don't think it matters much what the petrol has. We know that 90% of the sales of Linea will be diesel already. There might be buyers for the 1.4Tjet, but in overall scheme of things it wont matter much.

There positioning is a mass market, easy to drive diesel - they can always bring in the higher end engines later.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:44   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
The one posted by autocarcr?

No the one posted by Mr.Zak the Mullah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Why is there a lot of buzz on Linea diesel? Is it that Linea Petrol is not something people should look at?Do shed some light on Linea Petrol
The Diesel is going to be a very frugal unit, it's got 90bhp variable size turbo , on the other hand the petrol is a 1.4Naturally Aspirated(NOT THE T-jet) unit which develops 94.2PS at a high rpm and sounds racy, the power was okay to say the least.The Diesel is a Multijet.The Petrol is the F I R E engine.

And the car dosen't come with Dualogic as of now. But the Greatest News I got Today is a reconformation from my general manager about the Spare Parts prices for the Linea , which will be cheaper than most Marutis and Service intervel is between every 15,000km . The Car's Pricing Is going to be Unbelivable to say the least. Everyone keep their fingers crossed and buying decisions at bay , wait till the Linea is here.

Fiat Trivia

Fiat Invented CRDi Christened Multijet and sold it to Bosch, and the first diesel car in the world the 1400 and the first Monocoque Chassis the 1400 again in 1950 was by Fiat.

Because Fiat has always been the Inventor Not the Follower.

Last edited by muneemmk : 24th November 2008 at 20:48.
Old 24th November 2008, 20:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
^^ See I am not talking about the handling of the car, I am just complaining about the power to weight ratio. Its mere physics, nothing to TD about it. The car on paper has pretty poor specs on engine side, it could give great FE, it could have great handling, the diesel might have good in gear accerlation like the Desire or Skoda, but the fact remains the car would be slow with the puny heart. A car that long and wide, 90 bhp and 77 bhp is really a joke. They could only offer this in developing countries. For that matter even the Palio 1.6 Sports has more power than this car. I am just stating a fact, not advocating for or against the car.
Would you find it surprising if you came to know that Skoda Superb comes also with a 1.3 lt petrol engine producing max speed of 201 kmph. 160 bhp and 250 nm torque. Total weight of the car is 2 tons.

All from a 1390 cc engine.

Last edited by lurker : 24th November 2008 at 20:52.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:07   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Service intervel is between every 15,000km . The Car's Pricing Is going to be Unbelivable to say the least.
ya, FIAT's are know for long service intervals.. but indians like to a get free car wash during the service & hence they want smaller service intervals...

FIAT multipla diesel released in UK had a staggering 35K kms service interval.. that ugly duck multipla was a crtically acclaimed car

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Fiat Trivia

Fiat Invented CRDi Christened Multijet and sold it to Bosch, and the first diesel car in the world the 1400 and the first Monocoque Chassis the 1400 again in 1950 was by Fiat.

Because Fiat has always been the Inventor Not the Follower.
ya,FIAT have always been innovators..

some more TRIVIA..

the selling of PANDA chassis platform for FORD's small car alone has revived the balance sheets of many project of FIAT like punto & panda...

also the multijet available in LINEA & PUNTO & FIAT 500 are all generation-4 engines.. they are quieter , torqueir & eco friendly than their earlier version..

SWIFT diesel is generation-1, palio diesel generation-2 & LINEA & PUNTO will have generation-4 engines...

also FIAT is in the process of continuously downsizing the CC.. diesel 1.9 will be slowly replaced with much better 1.6 engines...

Last edited by sanjaymugur : 24th November 2008 at 22:09.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:16   #98
oss
BHPian

Quote:
^^ It is a big deal for many bhpians and buyers as Fiat has not given us a complete package. Such half hearted attempts (spcly 77 bhp petrol) probably will not do company great good. There would have been many takers of the 1.6 ltr or 1.9 ltr motor. When many forummers find 118 PS ANHC underpowered than this sure would be a big let down. If its just about going from point A to point B in comfort and FE, I will buy a Indigo XL. But when one spends this much he expects a decently powered car spcly for those who self drive. If they price it in Desire terrirtory (slightly higher) thats fine, but if they price it in the Verna, SX4, ANHC terrirtory they would be putting nail in their coffin.
Agreed, the peak power is not great, but that is going to show up beyond 80kmph. The peak torque of 20.4 gets developed right from 1750 rpm, so the driving experience and in gear acceleration is going to be great, to say the least, inside the city commute. It should get sluggy around 100kmph which shows in the 0-100 km (15.8 sec) figures.

ANHC does have 118 bhp, but with everyone confirming that it is a slow revving engine, would anyone ever get to 6600rpm to reap that power ?? I doubt.....
Old 25th November 2008, 09:14   #99
BHPian

Linea Petrol

Quote:
The Diesel is going to be a very frugal unit, it's got 90bhp variable size turbo , on the other hand the petrol is a 1.4Naturally Aspirated(NOT THE T-jet) unit which develops 94.2PS at a high rpm and sounds racy, the power was okay to say the least.The Diesel is a Multijet.The Petrol is the F I R E engine.

Does this mean that Linea Petrol is heading a Verna way? Is Linea Petrol a good buy over SX4 Petrol?

Last edited by Aditya : 25th November 2008 at 09:19.
Old 25th November 2008, 09:17   #100
BHPian

Quote:
As per little googling the performance of the 90 BHP Diesel as follows:

0-100 kmph - 13.8 Seconds
Top Speed - 169 kmph

The petrol engine -

0-100 kmph - 14.6 Seconds
Top Speed - 165 kmph

Source:

italiaspeed.com: FIAT LINEA

Fiat Linea Emotion | First Drives | Car Reviews | Auto Express

Source:
Power to weight ratio cannot always convey the real world scenario. Hope you have driven a Skoda octavia 1.9. its of 90 bhp on a 1350 kg car. But personally I've never felt it underpowered. I've driven that in excess of 150 kmph. If thats the case with skoda, why fiat will go underpowered?

please drive before you make prejudice statements

Last edited by shineshine : 25th November 2008 at 09:25.
Old 25th November 2008, 09:39   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Power to weight ratio cannot always convey the real world scenario. Hope you have driven a Skoda octavia 1.9. its of 90 bhp on a 1350 kg car. But personally I've never felt it underpowered. I've driven that in excess of 150 kmph. If thats the case with skoda, why fiat will go underpowered?

please drive before you make prejudice statements
I am not prejudiced at all, if anything I am the opposite. 15 Seconds is 15 seconds, and if the car takes 15 seconds to reach 100 kmph than it doesnt matter whether I drive it or not, its still going to take 15 seconds. I am educated enough to realize the torque would help in gear acceleration, but the car would run out of breadth on highway and thats the point I am trying to make. For car of its size and dimensions, dont you guys feel there is something missing???

Skoda takes 13.5 seconds to a 100, which will still feel faster than 15 seconds that Linea takes. Having said that I am not a huge Skoda fan... Also Skoda and Linea as well as Santro can go to 150 kmph, its just how fast they go there is what I am disputing.

Last edited by aseem : 25th November 2008 at 09:54.
Old 25th November 2008, 09:45   #102
BHPian

I thought the previous Linea thread was closed by the moderators and here we have started another thread with over 7 pages and still going strong on a car yet to see the light of market opportunities. Seems like debating about Obama's performance before his term has even started.

I have come to realize that as far as this car is concerned, there are only black and white with no shades of grey. Cheers.cheers:
Old 25th November 2008, 10:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Dont get me wrong I appreciate Fiat India launching Linea. The only point is why cry that this is going to be VFM pricing, when this car deserves nothing but a VFM sticker, its got an average engine for its size, petrol engine is a joke (I have a feeling they would price petrol low and say its VFM and overprice the diesel like Logan), externally it looks great, but the interiors are looking a generation old already. They probably wont give the nice looking alloy wheels in lower models, nor would ABS/Airbags be standard as Honda. All in all a half hearted attempt to regain their market share. This is not going to bring them back in Indian scene. The point is, half hearted attempts dont work.
If they had bought the 120 bhp motor and price it at 8 Lakhs, you would have seen many takers.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:06   #104
BHPian

Quote:
well i would like to agree with you but both engine specs of linea (petrol, diesel) suggest that they are giving preference to fuel efficiency over performance.
They must have studied NHC's sales with that 1.4 ltr 77bhp fuel efficient engine which even with a premium of around 1 lac over other manufacturer's performance oriented 1.6ltrs engine was selling like hot cakes.
so i would like to refrain from criticizing without even knowing how it is going to perfrom on road and at what price. Mind you if this petrol engine gives avg. 15kmpl and comes at 6.5 lacs its a great buy.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:06   #105
BHPian

for those who missed the UTVi segment on the linea

Yeah. Someone please upload the show. The repeat telecast will be on Sunday at 12 or 12.30. I am working both days! [/quote]

you might be interested to view the segment online here:

UTVi Life: Sassy, loaded, secure- Fiat Linea

scroll down and look for the little video clip on the left column.
cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks