Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2008, 14:02   #16
BHPian

Vista and CS wont see any discounts for sure atleast till 2009 end. Source: Friends working in TML.
Old 5th December 2008, 14:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Vista and CS wont see any discounts for sure atleast till 2009 end. Source: Friends working in TML.
Yes - it didn't makes sense to offer discounts on CS & Vista - because these are fast moving cars and they would not have any surplus inventory at end of yr 2008. I'm sure there would be yards full of other models of TML...

I don't understand why companies decide to have such huge inventories of cars like Grande - why can't they just produce JIT (Just in Time - something the japs are famous for)
Old 5th December 2008, 14:50   #18
BHPian

Advertising Gimmick. Upto 66,000 is the catch word. It's not on all vehicles.
Old 5th December 2008, 15:05   #19
BHPian

I have heard that even General Motors and Maruti Suzuki are giving discounts on their car models. Can anyone tell me what the disocunted price of Tata Indigo is?
Old 5th December 2008, 15:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Every car maker must give discounts to push the sales else they will see huge line up of their brand new vehicles in their factory itself.

Even after Rate cut from RBI which is expected tomorrow it won't help Bank much.
People who took loans from Banks are not paying EMIs. Only honest people and people who can afford to pay EMI are paying it promptly.

So only huge discount would make people change their mind to buy it, but dealers success rate is very less. Analyst say people are postponing their new car purchase by 6 to 9 months.

Ravi.

PS World is in recession from last 14 months, considerring it lasts around 15 months I am thinking 2009 Feb only things will start becoming better ?? The reason for this statement I need to decide when to buy bigger car with good discount

Last edited by ravibhat : 5th December 2008 at 15:49.
Old 5th December 2008, 15:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
... I'm sure there would be yards full of other models of TML...
Sure. I have witnessed two such yards last week.
Old 5th December 2008, 16:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanopano View Post
I have heard that even General Motors and Maruti Suzuki are giving discounts on their car models. Can anyone tell me what the disocunted price of Tata Indigo is?
Not sure about Indigo but Indigo XL is 40K.
Old 5th December 2008, 16:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Am not saying the source is incorrect but am sure TATA will have to discount Vista by March 09 as i20(if priced correctly) may give some heat to Vista with its launch in Jan 09.
Old 5th December 2008, 17:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I don't understand why companies decide to have such huge inventories of cars like Grande - why can't they just produce JIT (Just in Time - something the japs are famous for)
Most companies in India and even around the world. But at the same time inventories need to be built. Atleast in finished products. JIT is followed more rigorously on the shop floor. Suppliers are supposed to bring parts straight onto the production line.

You can't expect to start manufacturing the moment the customer places an order. It will take ages to come and the customer will never buy from you. Most customers expect instant deliveries and that requires building finished good inventory!
Old 5th December 2008, 17:16   #25
BHPian

Boo hoo.

I hope Mahindra offer discount on Bolero CRDe too

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Another auto major jumping on the discount bandwagon. T
Old 5th December 2008, 17:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

its not just the recession. there is bound to be a slack of buyers in dec because most people hold their buying till jan
Old 5th December 2008, 17:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
its not just the recession. there is bound to be a slack of buyers in dec because most people hold their buying till jan
Exactly thats the reason why all these offers are springing up. Even Skoda is giving free Maintainence on any car bought during this month.
Old 6th December 2008, 07:46   #28
BHPian

this has set me thinking -- should i wait for the new Vista based Indigo to replace my 2003 modelled Indigo or go for the XL right now -- thinking that the new Indigo will be as good as the Vista is stopping me right now
Old 6th December 2008, 08:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

@kpbhatt, both these cars are still not perfect yet. the dicor is still claimed to have problems, and in all probablity, so will the new indigo
Old 6th December 2008, 08:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
@kpbhatt, both these cars are still not perfect yet. the dicor is still claimed to have problems, and in all probablity, so will the new indigo
Are you sure? Are there any serious (not niggling) problems with the Vista as yet? I don't think any serious ones reported with the Quadrajet version anyway!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks