Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2008, 15:29   #31
BHPian

Just checked with a Delhi dealer and he told me on-road price for Logan (DLX) is Rs.6.06 lacs, although another dealer is saying Rs. 6.41 lacs. So am not really sure what to believe.
Assuming that its Rs. 6.06 lacs it comparative to Ikon since Ikon is about 5.60-5.70 lacs on road but Ikon is without tubeless tyres & remote boot lid...

Pros (in favour of Logan) ::
1. Build quality (gear vibration & noise levels in Logan are a LOT lesser - similar to Fiesta maybe) --- and this is a major point for me. I HATE having vibrating gear levers and this is something I noticed way back in 2004 in the petrol Ikon as well.
2. Heard some really scary stories about ikon/ford and that too from people who own/have owned a ford at some point - I know might be true for any manufacturer but still.
3. Inside space

Cons:
1. Interiors are really sad - plasticy & oldish design (anyone noticed the location of the power window switches?!)
2. Ikon looks better on the inside & the outside

On the other hand of course I wouldn't mind waiting for the Linea but its been years already and am sure it will be much more expensive and I dont want to spend extra in these times...And am not considering petrol cars.

So any comments to help me decide?

My first post so apologies in case I made some inadvertant mistakes!
Old 15th May 2009, 10:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

The Logan is VFM. Looks are a bit dated but still paletable. If you can stand the looks of the Dzire, then the Logan is a beauty compared to it.
Old 15th May 2009, 10:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Go gettit for that price. The vehicle is good and absolutely VFM for the kind money you pay.Good mileage, interiors are a tad bit drab and oddles of space.At the enlisted price, IMO its a steal.
If you want ideas pimping it check some of the threads started by ashutoshb and dont forget to drop into his gallery.
Absolutely agree with that. Lesser the price, more attractive this car becomes. Fantastic diesel motor & plenty of space. Looks wise, I prefer this drab, dull looking car to the bright & fat disproportionate Dzire.
Old 15th May 2009, 11:31   #34
BHPian

One of the best cars if you dont put too much emphasis on looks

The space inside is amazing as also the engine and FE
Old 20th May 2009, 18:25   #35
BHPian

Logan Edge Connect VFM and much better looks

The Body Graphics and changes in the center Console and Leather Upholstery in the New 2009 Logan Edge Connect makes the already VFM car much better looking also.

The design is definitely boxy but it is surely an intelligent design for a a sedan. The design makes Logan as spacious as it is. More contours would mean lesser space in the interiors and the boot.

Apart from that the drive quality and suspension is always satisfactory.

Also Logan FE is excellent.

So Logan Edge Connect is a complete package for a sedan with good looks and VFM.
Old 21st May 2009, 12:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum_torque View Post

The design is definitely boxy but it is surely an intelligent design for a a sedan.

So Logan Edge Connect is a complete package for a sedan with good looks and VFM.
Intelligent design??

IMO the outer looks of Logan is the worst possible looks in the history of sedans.

How can you make such a poor design in this recent times, when, all are going for more sporty & futuristic designs.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Intelligent design??

IMO the outer looks of Logan is the worst possible looks in the history of sedans.

How can you make such a poor design in this recent times, when, all are going for more sporty & futuristic designs.
If the Logan Design is poor, then what is the Dzire? I think it's the ugliest car in the market. The Logan at least looks like a car.
Old 21st May 2009, 13:52   #38
BHPian

Oh man, I have this car and i hate it! The diesel vibrates like mad. Pickup is terrible, clutch is horrible, interiors will drive you mad. Read and weap brother - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...continues.html

Oh and just to add, yes the Logan is a very intelligent design! The designers thought way ahead and made the car so horrible looking on the outside that no one will ever steal it hehehehe (pinch of salt guys... I own the car and its just my opinion!)

Last edited by Zahir : 21st May 2009 at 13:53.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:12   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
If the Logan Design is poor, then what is the Dzire? I think it's the ugliest car in the market. The Logan at least looks like a car.

Dzire's design is way better than Logan.

At least from front & from back, looks good.

While Logan looks like a s...t.

To add its bad looks, even that creases on the back & sideways, looks like somebody have scratched the whole car.
Old 21st May 2009, 14:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

How about the Fiesta? I saw an ad in bang for 5.5 Lacs. So, on road shoudl be 6.5 something right?
Old 21st May 2009, 16:21   #41
BHPian

That and also the Ikon are VFM but the topic is about logan so lets stick to it.

Atleast logan has made the cabbies happy, it's the ideal taxi, cheap,diesel, brandless and with lots of space.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:26   #42
BHPian

but isnt the era of sedans over?
Old 21st May 2009, 16:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Atleast logan has made the cabbies happy, it's the ideal taxi, cheap,diesel, brandless and with lots of space.
What is cheap? Running cost? Maintenance? For sure not the vehicle cost.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:52   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
What is cheap? Running cost? Maintenance? For sure not the vehicle cost.
It is the Running cost & Maintenance or else they would not have used it
Old 21st May 2009, 16:55   #45
BHPian

No no not the vehicle price, the cost of ownership, a friend uses those private taxis a lot and he usually talks to the drivers who have told him the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks