Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2009, 17:27   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
... The motor is noway underpowered, loads of torque. Beyond 3k rpm its a beast, could easily zip past traffic, nice throttle response...
Cheers.
Do you have to take to past 3K RPM for it to become a beast? Then I would say it is underpowered and taking often above 3K RPM will compromise FE. Wouldn't it?

Cheers,
Nitin
Old 11th January 2009, 17:41   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Do you have to take to past 3K RPM for it to become a beast? Then I would say it is underpowered and taking often above 3K RPM will compromise FE. Wouldn't it?

Cheers,
Nitin
The VGT turbo kicks in at around the 3000 rpm band, and you can feel the sudden surge like in most diesels with turbos.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:58   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I visited one (and the only one in chandigarh) tata/fiat showroom.
They did not have the car on display.
The salesmen were rude, did not wanted to get up from behind the desk, had no information whatsoever about linea and told me it would be launched/available in chandigarh somewhere around April.

They still haven't learnt the lesson.
I think you are talking about Joshi auto zone in industrial area. If they are the only fiat dealers in city i will certainly avoid purchasing linea from them because of there incompetent after sales service.
they couldnot find fault source in my indigo forget about rectifying it, i wonder what are they going to do with linea which has more complex features and engine then tata's tdis engine.
Old 11th January 2009, 21:19   #469
Senior - BHPian

Folks

A new thread has been created to post test drive reports and the ensuing discussions. Please use this thread for all TD reports

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-thread.html
Old 12th January 2009, 10:47   #470

Hi,
I have been observing team bhp forum since past 8 months & have become a member today.
I booked a linea petrol on 11th from Pandit automotive in Pune.
Just gave a token amount of 1L. Not yet made choice about variant of petrol or colour.
Just did a small TD of diesel as petrol had not arrived in dhow room by then.
Regards
Asif
Old 12th January 2009, 11:10   #471
BHPian

I too took a look at the display vehicle at Concord motors in Guindy over the weekend. The car was parked outside the showroom building and not inside. Lot of prople have written enough about the car so I will not bore everyone again. Some specific observations:

External paint quality and finish is very good.
Interiors (plastics, seat fabric) are just above average.
Tweeter grills (4) positioned next to the door handle/lever. Sales guy didn't know if it was a dummy or had a tweeter.
My wife got into the rear and immediately commented about head room (lack of it). She is 5'6". Even leg room is less than what I expected for this large a car. But the seats are v comfy, front and back. In my OHC, the seat comes up only till 3/4th (front) and half (back) of my thigh but in the Linea, there was full, er, coverage.
Front seat has too much travel; don't think anyone will use that much space!
Outside, the front is very rounded (when viewed from top), as compared to the usual square profile of other cars. I feel this is a good thing, as chances of scratching the bumper corners in close traffic, parking etc is less.
The first sales guy was a TATA guy and kept comparing to Tata products. "stability is very good, like the Safari", "boot is very large, like Indigo", "engine is very refined, like Vista" etc. Then a Fiat guy came up wearing a Linea t-shirt and answered all questions, demoed the trip comuter etc.
A lady was checking out the car when I was there, and looks like she booked it.

I am waiting for a TD ( sales guy said it starts 15th or 17th) before booking one. It will be the E+.

Only question in my mind is whether to go for the petrol or diesel. I run less than 1000 kms/month so logically the petrol is good enough and it's 1 lakh cheaper. The Linea will be replacing my OHC as a city car and long distances are usually done in my other diesel car. Car is usually chauffered. Diesel gives option of pete-fying and has better resale.

Decisions... decisions...

Gears,
Red-One.

Last edited by RedOne : 12th January 2009 at 11:11.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:00   #472
BANNED

Lineadmire~~~~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
I too took a look at the display vehicle at Concord motors in Guindy over the weekend. The car was parked outside the showroom building and not inside. Lot of prople have written enough about the car so I will not bore everyone again. Some specific observations:

External paint quality and finish is very good.
Interiors (plastics, seat fabric) are just above average.
Tweeter grills (4) positioned next to the door handle/lever. Sales guy didn't know if it was a dummy or had a tweeter.
My wife got into the rear and immediately commented about head room (lack of it). She is 5'6". Even leg room is less than what I expected for this large a car. But the seats are v comfy, front and back. In my OHC, the seat comes up only till 3/4th (front) and half (back) of my thigh but in the Linea, there was full, er, coverage.
Front seat has too much travel; don't think anyone will use that much space!
Outside, the front is very rounded (when viewed from top), as compared to the usual square profile of other cars. I feel this is a good thing, as chances of scratching the bumper corners in close traffic, parking etc is less.
The first sales guy was a TATA guy and kept comparing to Tata products. "stability is very good, like the Safari", "boot is very large, like Indigo", "engine is very refined, like Vista" etc. Then a Fiat guy came up wearing a Linea t-shirt and answered all questions, demoed the trip comuter etc.
A lady was checking out the car when I was there, and looks like she booked it.

I am waiting for a TD ( sales guy said it starts 15th or 17th) before booking one. It will be the E+.

Only question in my mind is whether to go for the petrol or diesel. I run less than 1000 kms/month so logically the petrol is good enough and it's 1 lakh cheaper. The Linea will be replacing my OHC as a city car and long distances are usually done in my other diesel car. Car is usually chauffered. Diesel gives option of pete-fying and has better resale.

Decisions... decisions...

Gears,
Red-One.
I think going for the petrol one is more economical. For one thing, 1000km/month is just the right amt for a petrol car, second of all diesel is unnecessarily costlier by Rs. 1 lakh and you can't even regain that amount as you don't drive much, Thirdly, Linea is a perfect or I should say a logical upgrade from OHC- it is cheaper but has the quality and the ride of a Camry (or a BMW for that matter)! Last but not the least, power is nearly equal to that of diesel and there is no compromise on that. Although the only plus point in the diesel is that you'll get the famed Multijet engine from Fiat as well as a class-leading fuel efficiency of 17kmpl as against 15kmpl in petrol (overall). But don't worry the 1.4 Fire is not a baby but a dragon similar to the Multijet!- Oh! And I advice you stay away from Concorde- their showroom is new, so their people are unexperienced and lofty- although Fiat personnel are good right throughout, I suggest you go to V.S.T motors (opp. Spencer's Plaza, Mount Road near Indian handicrafts emporium (Wood's road)- their salesmen are very god and pleasant and they explained the Linea beautifully to me! The Linea is decorated in their showroom and there is a lot of fanfare around in that showroom! Tata people don't infiltrate Fiat there! Looks like Fiat has buckled up its A.S.S and network with experienced people for the Linea Launch.

BY THE WAY.....
Some more news-
Linea launch has been delayed again!!!!
But this time by a mere four days- on account of Pongal festival in South India. (January 19th)cheers:

I have been invited to the launch of the Linea @ Taj Coramandel, Nungambakkam, Chennai- where I will get the prices (both diesel and petrol on-road and ex-showroom and the features (complete) as well as the brochures) on January 19th.

Although the official prices have been leaked for Emotion Pack + (on road)
Petrol- 8.10 lakhs (inclusive of insurance, registration, warranty etc.) Diesel- 9.32 lakhs.

Hope you like this scoop.
AUTOCARCR

Linea~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~admire.

-19th Jan 2009-

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th January 2009 at 13:04. Reason: Smilie usage restricted to two
Old 12th January 2009, 13:21   #473
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
I advice you stay away from Concorde- their showroom is new, so their people are unexperienced and lofty- although Fiat personnel are good right throughout, I suggest you go to V.S.T motors (opp. Spencer's Plaza, Mount Road near Indian handicrafts emporium (Wood's road)- their salesmen are very god and pleasant and they explained the Linea beautifully to me!

BY THE WAY.....
Some more news-
Linea launch has been delayed again!!!!
But this time by a mere four days- on account of Pongal festival in South India. (January 19th)cheers:

Although the official prices have been leaked for Emotion Pack + (on road)
Petrol- 8.10 lakhs (inclusive of insurance, registration, warranty etc.) Diesel- 9.32 lakhs.
Well, it is not actually a delay; The national launch is on 14th as originally planned, and car will be available for TD (if not already ?!!!) from 15th onwards.

The regional launch is happening subsequently and the Chennai one is planned for 19th.

Where is the service centre for VST?

And are you sure these prices are On road?? If yes, then this certainly is a Killer Price
Old 12th January 2009, 13:23   #474
Senior - BHPian

Launch is not delayed.
It will be launched in said date ,14 Jan 2008 in Delhi.
In Chennai and SouthIndia,the launch will be on 19 Jan 2009.
As per VST motors,Emotion + Diesel OTR is 9.15 Lakhs only in Chennai.
Old 12th January 2009, 13:30   #475

Fiat LINEA now is open for TEST DRIVEs for the Prospective Customers all across....I took a Test Drive Yesterday...Its a fantastic drive...the pick up of the Diesel variant is anyday better than the Venas and New Honda City....
Old 12th January 2009, 17:26   #476
Senior - BHPian

More than a Verna?

I accept that you are excited about driving it, but that is slightly exaggerating it.
Old 12th January 2009, 18:56   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth kapur View Post
Fiat LINEA now is open for TEST DRIVEs for the Prospective Customers all across....I took a Test Drive Yesterday...Its a fantastic drive...the pick up of the Diesel variant is anyday better than the Venas and New Honda City....
I can accept that the initial pickup might feel better than City, due to the the amount of torque the 1.3 MJD produces at the lower RPM, but Verna's diesel engine is a beast and we just can't compare against it. Are you by any chance talking about Verna petrol?
Old 12th January 2009, 18:58   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Well, it is not actually a delay; The national launch is on 14th as originally planned, and car will be available for TD (if not already ?!!!) from 15th onwards.

The regional launch is happening subsequently and the Chennai one is planned for 19th.

Where is the service centre for VST?

And are you sure these prices are On road?? If yes, then this certainly is a Killer Price
VST service center is on mount road, just take the service lane opposite to spencer plaza and keep going straight toward gemini flyover, you see a mahindra showroom on your left, just take left before that
Old 12th January 2009, 19:09   #479
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
VST service center is on mount road, just take the service lane opposite to spencer plaza and keep going straight toward gemini flyover, you see a mahindra showroom on your left, just take left before that
Sorry, i should've been more specific. What i wanted to know was if VST have their service centre also alongside the showroom on Mount Road or it is in a diff location to that of the showroom?

The reason is post purchase, service centre is where we will be going to, hopefully not regularly
Old 12th January 2009, 23:57   #480
BHPian

@gurus- was just wondering, can this car have a petes box? The engine has already been tweaked;possibly to the maximum. what would the box do in this case. Please let me know
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks