Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 10:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

better value doesnt really seem to have picked up sales for Ford.
Old 25th February 2009, 11:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
i know ABS are a required stuff for todays lifestyle driving but i have to say that i was justifying my personal end and im satisfied about my decision about buying the ZXi at a even lower price during the big discounts.
with you, in my 2004 Esteem I never had ABS, except for one situation where I almost(I mean almost) hit a drunk jay walker in rural karnataka I have never faced a situation where it was a absolutely necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
better value doesnt really seem to have picked up sales for Ford.
Frankly there have been very few face-lifted Fiesta's I have seen on-road, atleast in hyderabad. Maybe sales were already down, with the over used R-word doing the rounds now. This goes out to prove that the earlier 1Lakh discount and the recently added options have not had much affect on the Fiest Sales.
Old 26th February 2009, 04:15   #33
Senior - BHPian

wow, the sales for 2008 show that they beat SX4 in sales. And your statement is a contrast to it.
Old 28th February 2009, 21:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
so is the price difference for the 1.6S justified?
Oh! Yes! For those on-rails suspension and those sticky shoes. My hands were trembling after the orgasmic test drive in a twisty village road from Bannerghatta road to Electronic City.

And what an ABS package! (Slightly spongy I must say but effective nonetheless). Very handy to shed those serious speeds before hitting those car (speed) breakers villagers got the PWD to build. One of the looked like there was a life size arabian camel buried under it.

And yes, it makes some good exhaust note. But nothing I was expecting. But enough to make those geeks take a peek inside to see, who is this cool driver. (The Aquarius shade of the S helps).

BH.
Old 1st March 2009, 03:23   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

@devarshi: It depends from person to person. For a youngster/enthusiast it is sort off justified as for 60K you get -
- 15 inch alloys, with 195/55/R15 Goodyear Eagle NCT 5 tyres (changing them will be difficult and expensive though as very few brands have that size)
- All round skirting with a spoiler in the back.
- Stiffer suspension
- Dual Airbags
- Sportier theme in the interiors (no beige, rather they have used a blue).

Similarly, if you want luxury, you have the SXi with:
- leather
- wood finish center console
as the main features.

The 1.6S looks different because:
- The headlamps have a black housing rather than a chrome one in the ZXi
- The Skirting

For me, given my useage of the Fiesta, I would prefer the 1.6S if I were to use a petrol. However, for someone else, looking for the best VFM and who can do without the features such as leather or sports kit+ alloys, the ZXi wins.
I looked at the Ford site and for 40K more than the EXi, you get the following in the ZXI:
- A nicer interior with silver finish center console instead of black
- ABS
- Electronically adjustable ORVMs
- a 2 din MP3 player with 6 speakers (4 main + 2 tweeters) and it also has a Aux-In
- better seat fabric and a few other things.

So it depends on person to person basis and Ford has made provisions with its variants so as to keep all new consumers happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks