Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:30   #751
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Thats the upcoming Mahindra SUV, various clues, especially the shape of the dash dials, front profile...

@Ajithbc, was there a third row of seating? Great catch nonetheless, good view of the interiors, please bookmark them.

It looks really impressive, although the interiors look very tacky, but these are just the initial cars and not the final production versions.
I second shortbread, it is the Mahindra World-SUV. Looks good, I am a fan already.

Yes shortbread there is front facing third row seating. Please look carefully in the eight pic, where you would find the third row glimpse in the top-left under the haze. Further, the seat at the side of the left door appears to be the folding one to enable passengers climb to third seat.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:31   #752
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Xylo ... any facelifts for the same?
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:32   #753
MAS
Senior - BHPian

HI Ajithbc,

Nice catch. Like others have said, it looks like the new SUV (W305?)from Mahindra. I have seen Santa Fe in flesh and this does not look like a Hyundai.

A piece of Advice to any one who has the opportunity to click such pictures. Kindly take the photo of the corners front windshield. All windshields come with the company logo and this can hep us narrow down the possibilities.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:32   #754
nbr
BHPian

Definatley Mahindra

Its looks definatley Mahindra , i loved the interiors but the colours combination was awfull. Mahindra please comeout with some good interior colour combinations
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:33   #755
Senior - BHPian

That's the Mahindra SUV. This is the first time I am seeing the interiors and they look horrible for something that will supposedly cost 12-15 lacs! Please ask the mods to watermark the photos as I don't think anyone has seen the interiors yet.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:34   #756
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this should join the regular MM SUV thread. Gosh, tbhp has given the best coverage of this vehicle by far.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:45   #757
BHPian

Impressive set of pics @ajithbc, interior still smells prototype,are the plastics shiny or is just my eyes.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd September 2010 at 15:03.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:56   #758
Senior - BHPian

The interiors were actually well designed and Mahindras made a lot of progress here, especially after looking at the confused designs of the Scorpio and Xylo. The plastic quality looks like there a lot to be desired for, too plasticky and tacky. But this will be improved when actual production starts.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd September 2010 at 15:03.
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:33   #759
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2010 at 12:23.
Parm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:43   #760
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Like the Mahindra world SUV

Interior quality looked a bit tacky but this would be an innitial version, features list looked decent, has a dead pedal, and wide foot well.

Seats seem to have good lumber support, seat material / colour is not impressive.

Exterior looks are decent.

Oddly though the World SUV is supposed to be a Mono chassis, this looked like a ladder on frame just due to the way it looks from the rear.- and that is quite odd.

Light shape seem impressive,

Hope they have better tyres finally.

Center dash console has a bit of an Aria look, and dial rims have a bit of a Fortuner look. Both of which is good. Seems to have a GPS Screen and Climate control.

About time given that they are talking about a AMJ 11 release.

Nice catch.

Last edited by ACM : 3rd September 2010 at 15:44.
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:48   #761
BHPian

This is definitely the next Mahindra SUV, but I hope Mahindra releases it with proper refined interiors cause the one's in the above pictures are horrifying and look like a "Made In China" product.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:02   #762
BHPian

This is the new Mahindra SUV. After the Xylo, somehow I am not disappointed. Anyways, its still early days. There is still reason for hope.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:22   #763
BHPian

Great scoop ajithbc.

It sure looks like the new Mahindra SUV. The interiors look good, but quality is poor,hopefully they will be better in the production version. The rear door handle has got a very peculiar design.
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:30   #764
Senior - BHPian

Great find. However, can someone tell me, what is this Mahindra connection with chocolate colors?
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:39   #765
Senior - BHPian

I am not convinced about the rumors that this is a Mono chasis with Front wheel drive. I'm sure that Mahindra has stuck to their tried and tested formula of a ladder frame and RWD.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks