Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:24   #16
BHPian

So, ANHC will cost around 11 lacs on road!!

No way Jazz could be available below 7 lacs (wit 1.2 L baby horse)

Go on Honda, loot the Indian customers in all possible manners.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:34   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
So, ANHC will cost around 11 lacs on road!!

No way Jazz could be available below 7 lacs (wit 1.2 L baby horse)

Go on Honda, loot the Indian customers in all possible manners.
Even with that there will be people dumb enough to buy it, as if Its a car made by the GOD himself
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:17   #18
BHPian

Not being dumb or anything, but the logic is very simple really.

1. Honda cars may be overpriced, but they also command one of the best resale values in India.

2. Better FE figures for the class

3. Refinement and quality (though there have been minor issues lately with quality, overall it is still one of the best amongst there)

4. Snob value... no matter what you say, the "H" emblem does make a statement at the end of the day.

5. Engine character. This is something you have to experience. The high revving engines are something to die for! Not surprisingly, Honda have been able to sell well despite not having a Diesel model in it's entire range.

The Jazz will be a hot seller as it gives a lot of people an afordable "Honda".
Old 23rd February 2009, 21:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Apparently Honda is also cutting down production by 45%!saw the news on UTVi
Old 23rd February 2009, 22:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yes saw the same news too.I think what they are doing is that they are cutting down production at their noida plant where the accord and the ANHC is assembled,but the Rajasthan plant is on track to manufacture the Jazz.
Old 24th February 2009, 00:16   #21
BHPian

during the initial days of the launch the Jazz can just ride the wave of the previous customers who would have been waiting for ever to get a small car from Honda, just like many who are waiting for a Toyota, but from there on we'll have to wait and see how well it goes. And of course Honda has more snob value than a Skoda or a Hyundai .
Old 24th February 2009, 01:43   #22
BHPian

It's time Honda rethinks their pricing strategies here.
I refuse to believe an Indian motorist will pay for mere 'snob value'.
Old 25th February 2009, 09:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

i wonder how good a 1.2 L honda jazz will be to drive. wont it join the bandwagon of underpowered petrols? i mean how much power can honda inject into this one? and it certainly wont be an affordable honda. affordable is on the < 5 side of things. anything more and it stops being affordable anymore. while I do agree honda's cars are good from day one to day "n", and feel great to drive, there is no reason to pay more for the same car knowing fully well that nothing might have changed (this excludes cosmetic stuff)
Old 25th February 2009, 09:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i wonder how good a 1.2 L honda jazz will be to drive. wont it join the bandwagon of underpowered petrols? i mean how much power can honda inject into this one?
Yup obviously it wont be a hoot to drive. I guess this engine will mostly be used to avail tax benefits which hopefully stingy Honda passes to buyers!
They better launch a 1.3 or 1.4 VTEC engine along with 1.2.

P.S.:
Even the fiat GP will be launched with 1.2 petrol, seems most of premium hatchbacks will have 1.2 p( Fabia, i20, Jazz & GP)
Old 25th February 2009, 09:38   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i wonder how good a 1.2 L honda jazz will be to drive. wont it join the bandwagon of underpowered petrols? i mean how much power can honda inject into this one? and it certainly wont be an affordable honda.
I believe the 1.2L engine has a power output of 90PS. Not earth shattering, but I'm sure the honda engine will be better than the i20 engine as well as the Fabia engine. Honda will do just enough to pip these 2 cars and price it at a premium claiming a slightly powerful engine.
Old 25th February 2009, 10:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Yes saw the same news too.I think what they are doing is that they are cutting down production at their noida plant where the accord and the ANHC is assembled,but the Rajasthan plant is on track to manufacture the Jazz.
Honda had stopped construction of the their Rajasthan plant in 2008. They will launch the Jazz from the same Noida plant as of now.
Old 25th February 2009, 14:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Honda worldwide has cut production by 33%. Tough times even for them. Read below
Honda reports 33.5 pc drop in global production- International Business-News-The Economic Times
Old 26th February 2009, 00:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Honda had stopped construction of the their Rajasthan plant in 2008. They will launch the Jazz from the same Noida plant as of now.
Thanks for the update.
Old 26th February 2009, 04:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i wonder how good a 1.2 L honda jazz will be to drive. wont it join the bandwagon of underpowered petrols? i mean how much power can honda inject into this one? and it certainly wont be an affordable honda. affordable is on the < 5 side of things. anything more and it stops being affordable anymore. while I do agree honda's cars are good from day one to day "n", and feel great to drive, there is no reason to pay more for the same car knowing fully well that nothing might have changed (this excludes cosmetic stuff)
internationally, honda jazz 1.2 weight approx 1100 kgs, has 89 bhp or 90.2 ps. so the engine should be just about manageable on jazz with approx 12.5 seconds for 0-100 and hopefully good roll ons.

even if they tune down to approx 85 bhp considering the fuel quality than also we can expect good numbers as it weighs less.

rest of the typical honda traits should stay i guess.

hope they don't price it like skoda did for fabia. waiting with fingers crossed as it could be my next hatch.
Old 26th February 2009, 08:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

What they are going to increase price in bad economy ?

CRV IMO, is horribly overpriced for what it offers and now again it will be facing hike. Chevrolet Captiva is going to beat this car for sure. I dont think owners of these cars really take them too much offroad. So the captiva being only 2WD wont effect much, moreover its diesel.

Apart from G3HC, I dont think Honda is going great. Civic is feeling heat from Toyota Corolla Altis and also from its own cousin, G3HC. Honda India's pricing is becoming a joke and they are ready with a new price hike.
The Jazz, if not priced properly will be affected by Hyundai i20. With the diesel version of i20 around the corner, may be four months or so away, the time is not perfect for an overpriced jazz from honda. Remember, Captiva gave some tough time to CRV, and we cannot under estimate the I20 diesel.

Honda has to get these parts right:
1) Pricing of new Jazz, CRV and G3HC.
2) Bringing in diesel. They have 2.2. They must bring it in Accrod and CRV at a reasonable price.

If Honda continues to behave in this manner, one day the competition will kill it. I am sure for this. New Jazz is welcome and I am also sure that even being 1.2, it wont feel underpowered, but they cannot price it high.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks