Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 16:35   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think you must be driving a CBU then. You are sadly mistaken if you think that the poor interior quality in the City is because of localization.
That is right. There will not be any vissible difference in the quality of interiors due to localisation. It is the same mould and as long as they use the same grade of plastics and pigments it will look the same.
From the pictures I see, the plastic trims look the same muted beige even in ANHCs sold in other countries. But they have done away with many features to bring the cost down (relatively I mean)

Last edited by Guna : 9th March 2009 at 16:38.
Old 9th March 2009, 16:41   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
what I read in magazines is, there will be 1.3 i-vtec to begin with and may be a 1.5 a year later.
Not 1.3i-vtec its
1.2i-vtec(confirmed) , only 1.2 petrol engines benefit from excise duty
Old 9th March 2009, 20:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

prices are increased from 30,000 to 3,54,000 on the CR-V

Honda Car India : Press Releases
Old 9th March 2009, 21:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
prices are increased from 30,000 to 3,54,000 on the CR-V

Honda Car India : Press Releases
So in other words Linea, fiesta and Sx4 have become more cheaper in comparisons with ANHC

Am glad they raised the price of CRV by 3,54,000, It was way underpriced
Old 9th March 2009, 23:22   #80
Team-BHP Support

They should have added some features so that people don't feel the pinch that much.

ANHC should have had climate control if not alloys for the 30-35K increase.

Civic should have been freshened up with the facelift variant for 60K.

Accord should have had xenons, steering mounted audio controls, sunroof and auto headlamps and wipers for the 1L price increase.
Old 10th March 2009, 01:08   #81
BHPian

Nice !! Way to go Honda.

The 100 yen question is whether these increased prices would be restored to old levels once yen declines to 37-38 per 100 as several months back ? Any guesses.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:47   #82
BHPian

Breaking news: Massive price hikes on all Honda (India) cars, upto 3,54,000 Rs!

Dear all Honda lovers,

A shocking news from Honda (India),

According to today's Times of India, Honda is massively increasing prices of all cars, from 1st April. (See pics)

So now,
ANHC will cost 30,000 rs to 35,000 rs more
Civic will cost 50,100 rs to 63,000 rs more
Accord will cost 1,00,000 rs to 1,01,000 rs more
CR-V will cost 3,54,000 rs more

Honda is giving senseless reason of fluctuation the exchange rate (which is not new, its for a year now)

Or, may be because of car sales zoom at 22% in Feb this month, Honda has hiked the prices. (See 3rd & 4th pics, source: Same today's TOI)

Once care sales are back to normal, All company might follow Honda & they will remove all the discounts.

Common Honda, you are already taking a hefty premium from Indian customers, how can you do this.

So, Honda lovers, get your Honda now or never.

Because after 1st April you will be crying while paying lots of Zeros to Honda.

you have to spend same amount to buy a 1 segment lower Honda compare to other higher segment cars.

Mod's note: Thread merged with existing topic
Attached Thumbnails
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-100320091500.jpg  

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-100320091501.jpg  

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-100320091502.jpg  

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-100320091504.jpg  

Last edited by theMAG : 10th March 2009 at 12:51.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:50   #83
Senior - BHPian

This has already been predicted and covered in another thread.
Old 10th March 2009, 11:52   #84
BHPian

CR-V is going to be history soon
Old 10th March 2009, 11:52   #85
BHPian

But to reach those old levels it would take ages i guess , better make use of low interest rates from PSU's and migrate the price increase. No one as a clue has to whether when will dollar reach the 40 levels.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't people waiting for their new Honda's have to pay at these current prices? Sales agreements of all car makers clearly say "prices prevelant at the time of delivery shall be final". Correct me if I am wrong in that understanding? Wouldn't that piss off Honda's prospective owners, specially City buyers since they would be more price sensitive?

But good going by Honda. Shows how confident they are that no matter what Indian buyers will line up to buy their products.

Whats going to happen is with the City prices being jacked up by minimum 10K, people will get impressed with Honda's brilliant pricing for the Jazz! And as usual, Honda will laugh all the way to the bank.

EDIT Just saw that City prices are up by a minimum of Rs.30,000!! Base model is now Rs.7.81 lacs ex-showroom!

It will be interesting to see Honda's sales for April and specially May. I forsee Honda sales getting stronger despite this. Let's have a poll on this shall we?

Last edited by amit : 10th March 2009 at 12:24.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:24   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't people waiting for their new Honda's have to pay at these current prices? Sales agreements of all car makers clearly say "prices prevelant at the time of delivery shall be final". Correct me if I am wrong in that understanding? Wouldn't that piss off Honda's prospective owners, specially City buyers since they would be more price sensitive?
I will be booking the City soon , after already increasing my budget. Now i have to increase it further. If i book now , ill get delivery only in April. Since prices are effective from April 1st. I will end up paying 30k more. Seriously it surely a rip off. Only if Toyota had brought the Vios sedan.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:24   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
CR-V is going to be history soon
I agree with you here
Honda CRV AT is almost 20L Ex showroom in Bangalore & now add another 3.5L that's whopping 23.5L Ex showroom(On road 26L ??) for a petrol SUV definetely ppl will think more before they CR-V henceforth
Honda you gotta seriously think about the future of CRV
Old 10th March 2009, 12:25   #89
BHPian

So what Honda means to say is the Top Model of City today is equivalent (~10%) to the Base Model of Civic 3 years back ?

I have been ardent fan of Honda Cars and majorly disappointed by their pricing strategy. They just know how to 'rip' off Indian consumers.

Honda / Toyota manage to get an excuse that the localization in cars is 50-60% and rest of the components are imported. And they say - "we are serious about the Indian Market"

Guys - if you are serious about Indian market and have manufacturing plants in India since last 10 years... why not get these components done in India? The cars will be cheaper by 30%-40%.

What do you all have to say about this?

Otherwise Hail Linea (Fiat) & Maruti Suzuki for showing what is value for money.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:39   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The correct statement should be 'Honda has another winnder on hands, even if they price it obscenely'

(I better duck for cover now!)
Hehe. True though. The only other competition currently is the i20 and the Fabia

Most buyers would rather spend their money on a Honda than a Hyundai for the kind of brand image that is associated with the company. Having said that, Hyundai, internationally is trying very hard to portray itself as a quality car manufacturer. The i20 IMO still looks better than the Euro Jazz. I highly doubt the same body will make it here

Fabia? High spares cost and maintenance should make buyers think twice. But on the other hand, you get a diesel and solid German build quality. Purely subjective to taste

I feel Honda will move large numbers no matter what
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks