Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2009, 18:16   #196
BHPian

some people are just too fast.

Honda Siel Launches Its Small Car Honda Jazz In India

Honda Siel Launches Its Small Car Honda Jazz In India. Global auto major Honda is all set to launch its small car "Jazz" in Indian market very soon, most probably in June this year. The aim of the company behind launching "Jazz" is to cater the need sof the people, who think twice before spending a considerable amount on Honda City.
The car was launched in Japan last year. Honda expects that "Jazz" will do good business in India despite recession.

The new "Honda Jazz" is powered by i-VTEC engine having 1.3 liter or 1.5 liter capacity. Jazz's seat design has similarities with that of Honda Accord. The stylish Jazz has typical Honda design like sharp lines and central bonnet ridge. Honda Jazz sharp headlamps supplement the steeply raked windscreen but the front grille resembles the CR-V. Alloy wheels and ellipsoidal glass area decorates the Jazz side. The curved roof of the new car merges with the smaller rear glass area.

In February car sales zoomed by around twenty two percent. Almost all car manufacturers performed extremely well. So like others Honda Siel is expecting to cash in on Indian market. A few days ago Honda company has launched its all new Accord in the Indian market. It is believed that Jazz will be the Honda’s small car for India to take on Skoda’s Fabia, Volkswagen’s Polo bluemotion, and Toyota’s small car.

Last edited by RakishRam : 17th March 2009 at 18:17.
Old 17th March 2009, 18:22   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@prashanth

1. Climate Controlled Auto a/c
2. Electrically Foldable ORVM's
3. Fog Lamps
4. Alloys
5. 6 Airbags
6. CD Player (i'm not bothered about this but many others are)
7. Glove Box Cooling

Now the question is that will Honda give these features in the Jazz?
To cut the thing short, the only answer of this question is "NO". (only after 3 years )

Man still you dont understand Honda (India)?
Old 17th March 2009, 18:28   #198
gaurav.28ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
To cut the thing short, the only answer of this question is "NO". (only after 3 years )

Man still you dont understand Honda (India)?
Best feature in Jazz will be that it will be a "PREMIUM" car . No need to add other features.

Old 17th March 2009, 18:32   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav.28ch View Post
Best feature in Jazz will be that it will be a "PREMIUM" car . No need to add other features.
Yeah. Forget about alloys and ACC. They will not even give fog lamps considering the ANHC on offer. But you can definitely add them as "accessories" by paying another lac or so. Then they may also have an AT option which is priced in the 8.5 lacs category, a "full 2 lacs" less than ANHC AT.
Old 17th March 2009, 19:02   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav.28ch View Post
You will get all the features in Jazz.
Just that they will be listed in accessories with the price quotes which upon totalling you can buy a Tata Nano in it
Old 17th March 2009, 19:19   #201
BANNED

And somebody will come up with a thread on how Nano is VFM over Jazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just that they will be listed in accessories with the price quotes which upon totalling you can buy a Tata Nano in it
Old 17th March 2009, 21:21   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
And somebody will come up with a thread on how Nano is VFM over Jazz
Which IMO it is indeed considering it atleast gives standard fog lamps
Old 25th March 2009, 13:43   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Yeah. Forget about alloys and ACC. They will not even give fog lamps considering the ANHC on offer. But you can definitely add them as "accessories" by paying another lac or so. Then they may also have an AT option which is priced in the 8.5 lacs category, a "full 2 lacs" less than ANHC AT.
If 1.5 i-vtec jazz comes with automatic option ,It will surely have ABS , Airbags which is almost similar to the current ANHC is specs and features.

So what price do you think they will price the Jazz in ?
Old 25th March 2009, 13:56   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
If 1.5 i-vtec jazz comes with automatic option ,It will surely have ABS , Airbags which is almost similar to the current ANHC is specs and features.

So what price do you think they will price the Jazz in ?
Well one Honda dealer here told me the price at the launch to be in 5-6.5 lakhs range and no automatic at all! The engine is going to be 1.2 ivtec.

I dont think at this price Honda will even offer wheels with the car! Probably we'll have buy them as accessories...
Old 25th March 2009, 14:08   #205
BHPian

Toyota better come up with the Yaris soon, they will find it tough to break in to the upper hatch segment. Fabia, i20, Jazz then Punto would have pretty much taken up any space still left after swift. Not sure how they are going to achive thier 10% market share in india goal with just innova and Altis. Camry is anyway not going to do numbers.
Old 28th March 2009, 23:30   #206
Senior - BHPian

scoop pics of Jazz spotted in Noida

Quote:
Honda Siel Launches Its Small Car Honda Jazz In India. Global auto major Honda is all set to launch its small car "Jazz" in Indian market very soon, .
Well spotted this cute little Jazzzzzzzzz in Noida . Punto/i20....Here I am
Attached Thumbnails
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-2.jpg  

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-1.jpg  

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-3.jpg  

Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14-4.jpg  

Last edited by maxbhp : 28th March 2009 at 23:35.
Old 28th March 2009, 23:50   #207
Senior - BHPian

Nice Pics. Interiors looks good.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:04   #208
Senior - BHPian

Dumdeedum, I see steering mounted audio controls, electrically adjustable ORVMs, a CD (changer?) player, manual AC.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:30   #209
BHPian

I hope we get the same interiors as shown in the pic and no beige colours.
Old 29th March 2009, 11:38   #210
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Dumdeedum, I see steering mounted audio controls, electrically adjustable ORVMs, a CD (changer?) player, manual AC.
And no fogs as usual....
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks