Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 12:31   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Grand Punto should be a higher segment, at least going by the dimensions(if I am not mistaken it measures over 4.2 meters in length.
Guna, GP now measures 4.03m internationally. But, Fiat India is doing some "rear end treatment" to get it to just below 4m, to take advantage of tax sops. I guess GP should pretty much be the same as Fusion in terms of space.
Old 28th April 2009, 13:39   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
Engineering wise, Jazz is much the same as ANHC. According to me, it must and would be priced as much, except for 1.2L engine being cheaper due to savings in cost for smaller engine as well as Excise duty. Just because its a hatch we cant expect miraculously cheaper pricing, its a premium hatch in the true sense under Indian categorization much like Fabia, I20 etc., than cars like Swift, Getz and others. A Jazz thats similarly specced as ANHC won't be remarkably cheaper than ANHC IMO. The other upcoming hatches like Suzuki Ritz, Fiat Grande Punto looks more to compete with Swift, Jazz looks like its in a segment higher than these.
So you infer that 1.5i-vtec will be similiarly priced as the ANHC , pretty sad . i was willing have look at Jazz Auto-Tran , but my hopes seem to be fading away , i dont think Jazz Automatic with 1.5engine will come below 8lac ex-showroom
Old 28th April 2009, 14:46   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Guna, GP now measures 4.03m internationally. But, Fiat India is doing some "rear end treatment" to get it to just below 4m, to take advantage of tax sops. I guess GP should pretty much be the same as Fusion in terms of space.
You are right , it is 4.03 m. Only difference would be, Fusion has more vertical space and upright seating position, giving little more sense of space.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:12   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
So you infer that 1.5i-vtec will be similiarly priced as the ANHC , pretty sad . i was willing have look at Jazz Auto-Tran , but my hopes seem to be fading away , i dont think Jazz Automatic with 1.5engine will come below 8lac ex-showroom
Based on Autocar India report, Honda would launch only 1.2 for now, in a months time. Looks like they too are apprehensive because of the fact that its a hatch and hence perceived differently in India. In some countries though, Jazz is priced higher than ANHC even. However, Honda cars are horribly overpriced in India already, all we can do for now is to wait and watch.
Old 29th April 2009, 17:22   #350
BHPian

Guys , i mailed the Honda guys asking about the launch of the Jazz 1.5i-vtec and Auto-tran variant .

Got a reply saying that "For the mentioned information, please wait till the mid of June"
Old 29th April 2009, 19:18   #351
BHPian

IMO, 1.5 will be a dream for us. Honda will only launch 1.2 in India.
Old 29th April 2009, 20:02   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
IMO, 1.5 will be a dream for us. Honda will only launch 1.2 in India.
yeah i think so too.

hey i was wondering how are they going to shrink the car from 4.10 meters to 3.9 somethin. can it be done without messing up the look?

i think the us spec version is 4.120 meters long.(approx).

will it affect the looks?
Old 29th April 2009, 21:05   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
yeah i think so too.

hey i was wondering how are they going to shrink the car from 4.10 meters to 3.9 somethin. can it be done without messing up the look?

i think the us spec version is 4.120 meters long.(approx).

will it affect the looks?
Caramelo , shrinking is already done , you can check test car picks in this thread . With regards to 1.5 it will surely come , ACI have told already everywhere , my honest guess is by dec09 it will there in market .
Old 30th April 2009, 10:45   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
Caramelo , shrinking is already done , you can check test car picks in this thread . With regards to 1.5 it will surely come , ACI have told already everywhere , my honest guess is by dec09 it will there in market .
Any idea about AT version ?
Old 30th April 2009, 12:46   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Any idea about AT version ?

Guys , i mailed the Honda guys asking about the launch of the Jazz 1.5i-vtec and Auto-tran variant .

Got a reply saying that "For the mentioned information, please wait till the mid of June"
Old 30th April 2009, 16:34   #356
BHPian

Something different of what we have heard :
Expert Review Honda Jazz: Honda Jazz – Honda’s Small Car | CarTradeIndia.com
Under the Hood
The Honda manufacturing unit in Greater Noida in Delhi will roll out three different variants of Honda Jazz. These variants will be GLi, VTi and the fully loaded VTi-S. The model features at the Auto Expo 2008 sported a 1200cc VTEC engine. The car has a uni-body construction that includes MacPherson Struts upfront and a torsion beam suspension layout at the rear. The Indian version of Jazz will have electric power steering, 14 inch wheels with an option of 15 inch wheels along with a front stabilizer bar. The overseas models of Jazz are powered with 1.5L VTEC engines; the Indian version is expected to have a smaller engine as shown during the Auto Expo but shall deliver equally dutiful performance. The company may also introduce the 1.4L VTEC petrol engine model capable of producing 100PS of power.

Appearance
The new Jazz Indian version will have a similar dashboard as Honda Civic but without a digital speedometer. It may be lacking in steering mounted controls. However, the company does not compromise on quality and strives to deliver the best ergonomically designed model. Interiors of the car are packed with lots of cubby holes and storage areas. Interiors of the car and their comforts have already been acclaimed many times over by the international press and car lovers. Interior space is quite impressive and the seats can be folded or rolled over to increase the loading capacity of the car.
Apart from stylish and comfortable interiors the car portrays a sleek hatchback model with similar looks as Hyundai Getz. It is a premium model that will definitely pose a threat to its contemporaries.

Additional Features
Mileage of the car will be revealed only upon the launch. SIAM has also made it mandatory for the auto makers to officially declare the mileage for all the models in their product portfolio. The Indian version of Jazz will come equipped with braking system (abs), dual front airbags, dual side airbags, electronic brake force distribution (EBD), front and rear disc brakes, emergency brake assist which enhances the safety during drive.
Old 30th April 2009, 19:49   #357
Senior - BHPian

Four airbags and rear discs?!? Bloody hell! That points a 1.5L powerplant IMHO.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:29   #358
BHPian

A premium car without alloys, Fogs, steering mounted controls, digital speedometer, & many more...!

Bravo Honda, keep it up.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:31   #359
Senior - BHPian

I doubt the rear discs piece. Even the CITY with a 1.5powerplant does not come with that. So would Honda want to offer rear discs in the Jazz?
Old 1st May 2009, 14:33   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
A premium car without alloys, Fogs, steering mounted controls, digital speedometer, & many more...!

Bravo Honda, keep it up.
No Jazz in any market has a digital speedo. Only the Civic has it.

Agree with the rest of your lamentations.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed