Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 11:45   #211
Senior - BHPian

@Maxbhp- Nice catch there. Same wheel cap like City. Interiors look quite good. I must admit look better than City's esp Centre console. i20 watch out!!
Old 29th March 2009, 12:19   #212
Senior - BHPian

Looking good!

Coupled with some amazing fuel efficiency from a 1.2 iVtec, a peppy 90-100 bhp engine, good space and a big boot and the Honda badge. Well, unless they really really do something wrong with pricing (premium for sure, but how much premium is the question), this will eat the biggest slice of the premium hatch segment.

@Maxbhp: great find!
Old 29th March 2009, 12:36   #213
Senior - BHPian

Good interiors, very good boot space. This could be the first premium hatch with good sales after all. Hope FE can give a diesels a complex.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:03   #214
Senior - BHPian

I did not like the shape. Looks like a mini Innova to me. Very minimal specs with no fogs, manual a/c, no alloys, skinny tyres etc. Maybe the base version of Jazz. Did not like the "big fat" center console either. Steering looks great though.
Old 29th March 2009, 15:36   #215
BHPian

The interiors are looking good.The tyres seems to be undersized.

Hope, Honda give the option of of upgrading the tyres and alloys.
Old 29th March 2009, 17:41   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
@prashanth
If you're saying that the Jazz is priced 12-15% higher than the equivalent i20, then surely in India it will be minimum 20%, the sole reason being the localisation. Even if they source maximum from India, Honda will still overprice their product for that "Premium Luxury Hatch" Tag.

Ok now the i20 Asta has the following features that are not available in the nearly 3 lakhs more expensive ANHC S Variant. These are all i can remember at the moment.
1. Climate Controlled Auto a/c
2. Electrically Foldable ORVM's
3. Fog Lamps
4. Alloys
5. 6 Airbags
6. CD Player (i'm not bothered about this but many others are)
7. Glove Box Cooling

Now the question is that will Honda give these features in the Jazz? If yes, then what will the existing ANHC owners do?

So Honda can overcharge us just for that brilliant iVtec engine?
The Jazz in the UK at least has items 2, 4, 5 for sure and I think 6 as well. This still does not mean its equivalent to the i20 in features. I would say that the Honda badge and technology should make up a bit for the missing features. Does this justify a 20% premium over the i20? Probably NO. However, more importantly, will the cay buying Indian consumer pay the premium - Probably YES.

The car looks way better than the i20 though (personal opinion) and Yes, looks woefully undertired
Old 29th March 2009, 18:11   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
oss : And no fogs as usual....
vasoo : Very minimal specs with no fogs, manual a/c, no alloys, skinny tyres etc. Maybe the base version of Jazz.
This one example may not necessarily be the only variant that Honda will release. Let's wait. Fogs should be available on the higher end models.

Or, @Vasoo, do you have more information with you, which makes you state the above points ?

Actually, where's @Sid ?
Old 29th March 2009, 19:58   #218
BHPian

Mix of Indica and Innova anyone?

I think it looks horrible in comparison to i20 and fabia which will be its competition.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:14   #219
Senior - BHPian

So its the missing link between Estilo and Innova (so far as looks are concerned)

Given our junta's Honda prem it would sell whatever be the price. But have to say Honda does make pretty good cars. I was completely bowled over by NHC and would have bought one had Honda not retired it. ANHC is also a very good car but is at least 1-1.5 lakhs more expansive than its worth.

One Honda dealer here told me Jazz is expected in 5-6.5 lakhs price range. I doubt it would be that "cheap" and for that price definitely there are not going to be many premium "features" in the car. Probably the badge will make up for everything!!!
Old 30th March 2009, 08:52   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it me or anybody else noticing that is tyre is a 175 section tyre. It does look very skinny. Honda following foot steps of Maruti
Old 30th March 2009, 09:02   #221
Team-BHP Support

It looks like the same 175 michelin XM1+ tyre on the ANHC with the same wheel caps as well.

Ideally it should be priced exactly the same as the i20. 7L onroad for the fully loaded should be just right. Hopefully Honda think likewise.
Old 30th March 2009, 10:20   #222
Senior - BHPian

Honda always would think otherwise and not likewise. I expect fully loaded model to be priced at 8l!
Old 30th March 2009, 10:50   #223
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the front looks great - bold and cheeky, maybe even slightly sporty?
however, the rear is a disappointment, the design is not consistent.
If priced as expected, I think I would go for the fabia, or a sedan (class c).

cheers
Old 30th March 2009, 11:12   #224
BHPian

i20 build quality is really good imho, its a very well built car with excellent specs. But the 1.2 engine and the absence of a higher spec engine is a kink in its armour. The diesels will take the pricing to close to 8 plus on road, a higher petrol to 7 plus on road and given the reviews of the 1.4 petrol engine there is not much difference with the 1.2 with most reviewers preferring the 1.2.

Jazz is sold at a premium in most markets, and sells on innovative use of space, its not a performance hatch or anything but a spacious one and I won't be surprised if it is priced highly and still does well. Given the runaway success of the city inspite of the slowdown never mind our criticism, missing features and high prices, one has to attach some value to Honda's ability to pull off high pricing with the Indian car buying public. I can't see anything less than 7.5 on road.
Old 30th March 2009, 11:19   #225
BHPian

7-8L OTR...Spend a bit more and buy the city, might fail at the pricing and not everyone is going to like the looks, I at least don't.
Look at the back, almost exactly like the Innova with hints of Indica to the sides.

Last edited by Gagan.js : 30th March 2009 at 11:21.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks