Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2011, 12:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Peugeot coming back to India *Update* Manafacturing facility to be located in Guj

Found this article on the Businessline today.
TN which was seen as one of top contenders was very dismayed and disappointed after it lost the race for Peugeot.

After seeing the govt people talk, I am getting to think how much hard work few state govt are taking nowadays to woe companies. Thats surely heading in good direction.
Business Line : Companies News : Dismay in TN over Peugeot's Gujarat choice
Old 5th September 2011, 12:26   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Peugeot coming back to India *Update* Manafacturing facility to be located in Guj

Saw what seemed like the 508 sedan & a "hatchback" near Magarpatta City a couple of days ago. A convoy of 4 cars, 2 sedans and 2 hatchbacks. Couldn't click any pics since it was 10.30am or so and the cars were going opp to my work route. Pune guys working in and around Magarpatta should keep an open eye.
Old 5th September 2011, 19:26   #108
BHPian

Re: Ford says “Namaste Gujarat"! Announces Manufacturing and Engine plant in GJ

One more auto manufacturer comes to Gujarat - Peugeot Citroen inks pact for Sanand facility, to employ 5,000 people - Economic Times
Old 5th September 2011, 20:57   #109
BHPian

Hi,

This question may seem out of context, however I would like to bring it up.

In late 90's when Premiere opened the bookings of the Peugeot 309, I booked one. Post the launch I was not happy with the reviews of the car when compared to a Maruti Esteem and requested a cancellation by mailing the booking forms.

Till date I have never received my booking amount of 25k and I also wrote back and tried to follow up with no results.

Is this the case with many or am I the only jack in the pool?

Yikes!
Old 6th September 2011, 10:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633
Hi,

This question may seem out of context, however I would like to bring it up.

In late 90's when Premiere opened the bookings of the Peugeot 309, I booked one. Post the launch I was not happy with the reviews of the car when compared to a Maruti Esteem and requested a cancellation by mailing the booking forms.

Till date I have never received my booking amount of 25k and I also wrote back and tried to follow up with no results.

Is this the case with many or am I the only jack in the pool?

Yikes!
Yes that's the same thing for everyone who once had booked the Peugeot. I have to get my lawyer's point of view but before that have to search for the booking paper. We were never allotted the car as the company went back leaving PAL to fend for itself. I am sure PAL too will file a suit.
Old 5th October 2011, 09:55   #111
Senior - BHPian

Saw the Peugeot 508 sedan flying at break-neck speed on the Paud Road moving towards Chandani Chowk. The car was in a darker beige colour and looked like a compact sedan to me, something similar to the new Ford Fiesta dimensions. Not too big, not too small and not too ugly . I saw it just for a few seconds, but IMO it did not have a good road presence, except for the huge Peugeot logo on the front. The logo was striking.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 10:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Saw the Peugeot 508 sedan flying at break-neck speed on the Paud Road moving towards Chandani Chowk. The car was in a darker beige colour and looked like a compact sedan to me, something similar to the new Ford Fiesta dimensions. Not too big, not too small and not too ugly . I saw it just for a few seconds, but IMO it did not have a good road presence, except for the huge Peugeot logo on the front. The logo was striking.
I guess Peugeot is doing the road test on really bad Pune roads and traffic.

Day before yesterday saw 3 of them on Karve road taking the bridge on to Paud Road. I guess one was a Sedan and the other 2 appeared to be hatchbacks. Sorry no pics.
Old 5th October 2011, 17:16   #113
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed these hatches in different parts of Pune. Initially, I had thought that these might have been imported by someone, but last few posts suggest otherwise. Surprisingly, these vehicles don't have their logos/names masked unlike practice followed by other vehicle manufacturers in India.
Old 10th October 2011, 18:10   #114
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Peugeot 207 followed by two 508' last Saturday on Baner road here in Pune.
I could not click as I was taking a U turn!! I must say that 508 is a good looking sedan with good road presence.
Old 3rd November 2011, 19:54   #115
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Update

Mr. Grégoire Olivier, Member of the Managing Board PSA Peugeot Citroën and CEO of Asian Operations, Mr. Vincent Rambaud, Director General of Peugeot and Mr. Frédéric Fabre, Managing Director of PCA Motors India performed the bhoomi poojan and the ground-breaking ceremony.

The automotive and engine/gearbox plant will be constructed on an area of 600 acres, to which Peugeot will add a suppliers park for a global investment of Rs. 4,000 cores, approximately 650 million €. This investment will add up to 5,000 new jobs for the automobile hub. In conjunction with this, Peugeot and the Gujarat state have the intention of creating an Automotive Skills Development Institute (ASDI) to be located within the Sanand Automotive cluster and contribute to its further growth and development.

The Peugeot Brand will be at the Delhi Auto Expo in January 2012.

Mod Note : Please continue the discussion on the latest Peugeot thread. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 26th April 2012 at 12:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks