Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2005, 03:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
X and other lancer owners, what average does your lancer give?
Hey Lambo,
I used to get an FE of 10.5(ac) and 11(non-ac) when my car was stock.Its reduced to 9.5-10 after the works,which i feel is pretty decent.
We have 6 lancers in our group,all of them giving out 10 easily with the works.The highway FE should be around 15ish.
Once piece of advice,change gears between 2000-3000rpm for better FE.Rip it and the FE drops to 9 something.And use only Speed 93 on your lancer.It matters a lot.

X
Old 5th May 2005, 16:00   #17
BHPian

Boy ! Just check if the car is re-done or such !!!
Old 5th May 2005, 21:18   #18
BHPian

[quote=

X and other lancer owners, what average does your lancer give?[/QUOTE]

about 11+ with A.C in the city and 15+ on the highway .

i have goodyear eagle ventura 195/60 R14 on my car.

and i always use premium fuel from reputed outlets.
Old 5th May 2005, 22:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Then why the hell am i getting 7.5 - 7.75 kmpl.
The car is not driven irresponsibly but is being driven by the same driver who drove our ikon 1.6 and averaged 8.5 + every time.
Old 5th May 2005, 23:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
He promised to fix the dent on the roof and the scratch on the trunk when i showed it to him though (before delivery).
why did you take delivery of a dented and scratched car ? you were there for delivery if not for the booking

Quote:
We bought the lancer over the baleno because i was not here at that time and a smooth salesman did the speking to my dads secretary.
so your dad's secretary booked the car ? *** ?? and your dad dint compare the rates of the baleno and the lancer? your dad's secretary ripped u guys off maan in that case !

Quote:
Also while test driving the car for a noise in the rear (loose number plate), the car was revved to 4000 RPM when it was still a virgin (350km) which pissed me off.
why dint you voice your dissent at that time ? why rave and rant now ?

Quote:
coupled with the dealers lies put me off further ( Metro claims they are the official dealers for lancer and that Fortpoint is a sub dealer,
so you dint bother checking whether metro or fort point was a dealer ?

Quote:
If we put 15 inch alloys and tyres, our warranty will go but my jijaji has an official letter from their factory in Japan saying theat we can put 15 inch alloys without any hassles.)
well now that your jijaji has a letter for changing alloy sizes why dont you ask him to write to mitsubhishi japan and get a letter asking HM to look at your car ?

Quote:
Also because of the tyre thing, my OD has decreased by 10.33 mm (and even without taking the error into perspective it gave me an average of only 8.225kmpl)
its a virgin car as you said earlier give it some time t settle down maan then your FE is bound to increase.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 5th May 2005 at 23:25.
Old 6th May 2005, 00:47   #21
BHPian

Hey Lambo,

Warranty should not be a problem. i put 15 inch rims on my lancer 2 days after taking delivery. After 9 months the front left strut failed. it was replaced under warranty.

Like NC said let the engine bed in a little. milage will go up. The ECU in the lancer has been mapped for 87 octane and increasing the octane wouldnt really make a difference. How ever I would recomend using regular speed i.e. 91 octane gas.

My lancer has a mivec engine rated at 175 bhp stock and i get a mileage of 11 to 12 in the city with the air con.

Being in Chennai, i am very friendly with the HM guys here. Feel free to PM if I can be of help.

Cheers.
Old 6th May 2005, 12:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Dude sideways,
post some pics of your car.
N_C -
1. It was a small dent which could have been caused when we went to fit the alloys (though i had not taken delivery of the car yet and the metro guy offered to get it done) and the scratch was noticed after taking delivery when we came back home and saw it in proper sunlight.

2. My dad sat in a lancer and liked it but had never sat in a Baleno.
Anyway, we got the car for 6.35 ex showroom which was a good deal for the car.

3. I did but he was like it is ok. He also told me to fill 2 - 3 PSi of air LESS while travelling on the expressway.

4. I called up Fortpoint but they did not offer me such a good deal. Oh and they both are dealers and i knew that so i did not bother arguing.

5. We got a Snr Sales Manager from Chennai to look at the car. But he said he could not do anything.

6. Anyway,
i am going to take a couple of pics of the car.
Old 6th May 2005, 15:43   #23
BHPian

[quote=lamborghini]Dude sideways,
post some pics of your car.

Already did. Click on the search tab and look for Mitsubishi Lancer - Mivec.

Cheers.
Old 6th May 2005, 18:48   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
I am sending my car tomorrow.
Getting leather and a SFXi kit put too. Got 50% off on each along with repairs.
Heres a pic.
Will post more after the car is done up.

Mods,
Feel free to close this thread if you wish to do so.

Last edited by lamborghini : 6th May 2005 at 18:49.
Old 6th May 2005, 19:27   #25
BHPian

The car is cool man. But me thinks it would look even better with a different grill. Get a plain grill with chrome edges done for it. It would look even better. Have seen a few lancers here like that.
Old 6th May 2005, 20:04   #26
BHPian

Lancer is a better car than Baleno... You dad has made the rigt choice... I know service of Lancer is not all that great but you will enjoy the car when u drive....
My experience was worst than that... I had given my car for servicing and they had left one of the nut loose and bcoz of that my front tire was completly shaking which could hv caused a major damage to the car... And then the car was towed to service centre and all they had to say was SORRY....

It happens with all cars... Even in my Palio moister was formed in the headlamps right on second day and it was replaced immd.... I had to replace the bulb of the headlight twice in first month... And when you contact the service center they say this part is not under warranty which i agree but what i wanted to know is why is that happening... what if i loose 3rd bulb in next 2 days.... But they refuse to check it...
Old 6th May 2005, 20:31   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Rodeo and Harrie.
I drove the car and the engine is simply awesome.
Infact it was my 3rd choice with the Baleno and Petra being 1 and 2 respectively.
Petra being second because we have a Palio already.
Harrie,
i asked for a grill conversion and they said it would cost 16K so i was like NO WAY..
Old 6th May 2005, 22:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

I love the conventional Lancer Invecs Grille. Very less Lancers have it. Its black with chrome outline and a small and a sweet Mitsubishi logo in it.
Old 6th May 2005, 22:19   #29
BHPian

hey lambo get a tinker to get it done for you. It costs about 650 bucks here. Check out at some tinkers or small time body kit manufacturers.
Old 6th May 2005, 22:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

hey dude
your car looks good. few suggestion though.im not really fond of that grill prefer the horizontal one so if you can get it changed as harrie suggested it would be good unless you like it the way it is. secondly put some window tints your car will looks much better with them.wheels look good and so does your car overall.post some more pics later after you get the sfx kit.

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks