Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2009, 10:11   #16

Sahil - agreed on the HIDs, they are in neither G or J, my mistake.
vinaydas - Delhi dealers have J available for delivery within three days.
SkyWalker - agreed that Altis J seems far lower spec than Civic E, which is why I don't understand it's high price for what it is.
sgmuser - If you see the specs comparison J definitely has a cross next to Wheel, whereas G has a tick - I'm just not sure what this refers to.

The dealbreakers for me are:
No air bags
No pre-tensioner
No keyless entry
No immobiliser + alarm
No audio system
No rear seat armrest

The rest I could just about live without but it would seem like driving around in a taxi rather than a nice car! I'm considering Altis G and Civic E, but this Altis J really doesn't enter the picture.
Old 26th February 2009, 18:51   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The previous-gen Corolla was always a favorite with tourist cabs. Great back seat, ability to withstand abuse and Toyota quality. Its obvious who this cutprice Altis is being targeted to. Altis sales are settling down to where the previous gen Corolla left off, guess Toyota is looking to increase its sales volumes wherever it can in these trying times.
Old 26th February 2009, 20:19   #18
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyglass View Post
If you see the specs comparison J definitely has a cross next to Wheel, whereas G has a tick - I'm just not sure what this refers to.

The dealbreakers for me are:
No air bags
No pre-tensioner
No keyless entry
No immobiliser + alarm
No audio system
No rear seat armrest
It only says steel wheels compared to Alloys in other versions. The cross is for the mud flaps; really wonder how much will they save in not giving the mudflap

Leaving airbag & Immobiliser everything else can be fitted inthe aftermarket.
Old 15th November 2009, 06:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
There is no magic in quality. I rejected Toyota after did a thorough check up about their cost of ownership and bought a scorpio.
Have quoted in part.

The Corolla and Scorpio are totally different. The former is a sedan and the latter a SUV. Several other things are different. To me the bobby ride quality of the Scorpio is a major deal breaker compared to the cosseting Corolla. But then, each of us has different priorities when we buy a car.
Old 15th November 2009, 07:35   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
New City was making a dent in sales of cars like Corolla, sub 10L tag will give some respite.
Also, discounts were already abound on the new Corolla, so a stripped down version was much expected.
+1

Toyota doesn't have anything in its product portfolio to go against the City and IMO this is the easiest way to have some kind of presence in that segment.

Carwale lists the City V AT at 10.07 lakhs and the Corolla J at 10.18

Last edited by khanak : 15th November 2009 at 07:43.
Old 15th November 2009, 23:30   #21
VEA
BHPian

its primarily meant for the cabbies i think. The pure white colour, a favourite with the cabbies is only available in the J variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks