Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2005, 22:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a white S1 with those greenish tinted glasses looked and sounded awesome
I believe it also came with an airconditioner.

Drifter
Old 11th May 2005, 22:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

and it also had the 118NE gear box.it was such a pleasure to drive them with their bucket seats.
Old 11th May 2005, 23:04   #18
BHPian

hey team
yes the re - design was done in France, premier claimed that it spent 1 crore on the works ....but dont know why it never made production.

i have the magzine, will get the scans from my friends pc....soon

pankaj
Old 12th May 2005, 14:53   #19

premier padmini is back

guys slightly off topic but...here goes the news i have read in today's hindu...

PREMIER RETURNS TO INDIAN AUTO MARKET

premier ltd. has returned to indian automobiles market with the launch of sigma ,a mpv diesel vehicle and roadstar , a 2 tonne pick up vehicle of next gen.

both vehicles were developed in technical tie up with china motor corporation ,taiwan,an affliate of mitsubishi.

sigma is a seven seater mpv powered by 2-lit ,hight torque and fuel efficient engine priced at 3.95 lacs ex-showroom pune.roadstar at 3.25 lacs ex-showroom pune.
Old 12th May 2005, 16:00   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

sigma is a seven seater mpv powered by 2-lit ,hight torque and fuel efficient engine priced at 3.95 lacs ex-showroom pune.roadstar at 3.25 lacs ex-showroom pune.
It also is a mocktail of 118NE, Premier Padmini, Maruti and cheap Chinese parts. The Sigma is the worst ever Indian car manufactured in this year. Or is it the San Storm?

GTO
Old 13th May 2005, 10:30   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000
Talking of Premier Padmini, my dad owns a 1968 model. Does not want to sell it bcos it wont fetch more than 20000, also bcos of sentimental reasons. The car is in running condition and is fitted with CNG kit.

Know anyone in South Mumbai who can restore the car?

wow..I too own a FIAT 1100D 1968...I would say in good condition..any day ready to go on a long drive..recently just for fun..I drove it from Kerala to Bangalore..took 13 hrs..covered 630kms with five 10min stoppages for tea & snacks..started around 2.30am from kerala & reached Bangalore by 4pm..

I too have a real sentimental attachment..as my father used it..taught me driving in this..now I am using to for my daily use..serves me a purpose even at this old age!.

I dont repair parts..I ask my mechanic to replace it..& to prevent rusting once in 3 or 4 months..I pour used engine oil in all crevices & running board..a trick passed on to me by my father..then park it in road for a day..then get it serviced by pressure washing..never did a tinkering work since 6 years!!..even though it was in Kerala (near to sea)
Old 13th May 2005, 11:18   #22
Team-BHP Support

We need a poll for this one, but believe me its going to be a close one
Old 27th May 2005, 18:25   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Ever heard an S1? That was the best sounding exhaust I have heard to date on any Indian car.

GTO
Sorry to rake this thread up but my father has a 1996 Premier Padmini S1. Bought new for around 2.2 lakhs. I drive it around quite often.

It has its limitations but is an extremely practical car. And, when you get used to it, great fun as well!

And yes, the exhaust sound is great. Will try and post the specs of the S1 model from my father's owner's manual.

hrag
Old 15th January 2008, 14:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Sorry to rake this thread up but my father has a 1996 Premier Padmini S1. Bought new for around 2.2 lakhs. I drive it around quite often.

It has its limitations but is an extremely practical car. And, when you get used to it, great fun as well!

And yes, the exhaust sound is great. Will try and post the specs of the S1 model from my father's owner's manual.

hrag
hi i too own a 95 pp S1 handshift. if uve got a owners manual pls pm me
Old 12th March 2008, 23:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

hey buddy please check my post! i have already posted these pics from indian auto 1994 issue!
Old 14th March 2008, 09:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

We owned the Premier.... was a good car. Really Liked the gears on its steering
Old 3rd August 2009, 23:35   #27
BHPian

Quote:
in 1995. I remember i used to love them so much that i would wake up and wash them before school.
you said it mate.. the same thing iused to do as a kid i gues most of us aroundthat era will be able to see what i m talking about its still a great feeling.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th August 2009 at 10:39.
Old 4th August 2009, 00:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

i think there is also another car in this thread called the AMBASSADOR. can we have some discussions about her

my uncle had a brand new 1989 padmini and it was probably the worst car i have ridden in my life. there was so much jerking in the car that the state buses gave a better ride than that. add to that, the engine went off in the middle of the road. he sold it off only in 1992 for an omni.

the amby though slow was great to go with, specially the back seat was awesome and we did not have a single problem with it. still running for 22 years.
anyways, the current one SUCKS!!!

Last edited by amit V8 : 4th August 2009 at 00:51.
Old 4th August 2009, 18:03   #29
BHPian

Amby and Padmini

Hi Amit,

I used to have a Padmini until a couple of years back and one of my uncles still drives around in an Amby.

I guess we shouldn't be comparing these two with any of the current models cause they were in a different league and while their rides etc might not be as comfortable as the todays car, they were special in their own way. Probably it was sheer bad luck that your uncle might have had with his Padmini cause one of my uncles owned one for well over a decade and though it gave minor problems now and then she more than served the purpose.

Coming to the Amby, its one of the most spacious ones around probably with a boot as big as it can get. I love the amby but don't really have much driving experience in it, just a few kms.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:48   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj09 View Post
hey team
yes the re - design was done in France, premier claimed that it spent 1 crore on the works ....but dont know why it never made production.

i have the magzine, will get the scans from my friends pc....soon

pankaj
Did you find that magazine yet? Please post the pictures if you have it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks