Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2005, 12:34   #31
BANNED

WEll when the Corsas have it then why cant the Swift have the MID. AS far as music system is concerned there wont be any on even the ZXi..
Old 13th May 2005, 16:34   #32
AGP
BHPian

Hey veyron1,

with what amount you have booked it? and where in mumbai?
Old 13th May 2005, 17:06   #33
BHPian

I just saw a green Swift this afternoon at Manipal county. Could not look for details since I was driving.
Old 14th May 2005, 05:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

The site is really user friendly,like thier cars.
The only drawback about the Swift would be the wheel size.13 inchers make the car look very simple.

X
Old 14th May 2005, 12:22   #35
BANNED

Quote:
drawback about the Swift would be the wheel size.13 inchers make the car look very simple
14inchers atleast on the zxi with 185 rubber..
Old 14th May 2005, 15:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

well agp, i booked one from sai service (our vasai dealer), using a few "jacks"; i got some "inside" info on the booking date, and booked one A.S.A.P; they (maruti) declared the official date for bookings on may 3rd, i guess... they announced the date to all the dealers on the same day, at 10.00 a.m- i booked it at 10.05...he..he.. and as for the amount, since the none of the dealers have the pricing yet, the current ongoing amount is between 50 and 100g's, depending on the dealer, i guess... i paid the former...

and sivadas, the one that you saw maybe undergoing final trials or something...

no xmachine, they aren't 13 inchers...they're 14 inchers... and the wheel size stands at 14" for all the models...and yeah montoya, 185/70 profile tyres are being offered on the zxi.. but maruti should have offered 15 inchers on the zxi...will upgrade later if required...

and no guys, the MID won't make it to the production model... dunno why...maybe due to cost factors or indigenisation factor... in fact, even a clock might not be offered on the lx variant..!!!
Old 14th May 2005, 15:20   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I would never ever book a car without test driving it first. I remember the hype before the Getz launch was so much and I was seriously looking at picking up one as a city runaround for the family. Until I drove it and found it to be a damp squib (from the enthusiast point of view).

I know the Swift appears to be fantastic, but there is only so much you can tell from pictures and text.

A test drive should reveal all

GTO
Old 14th May 2005, 15:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

well, GTO, as i had said earlier, the swift is only one of my options; and both me and my dad have agreed to go for the baleno if the swift isn't upto the mark- in which case the dealer will adjust the booking amount in favour of the baleno. butttt.... just in case if it is a great product, sources have informed me that already the bookings are running high, and there might be a month and half-long waiting period, or more, for delivery..... so, the booking's sort of a precaution, get what i mean? even if the swift's not good enough, we have already decided to go in for the baleno first..... and if it is, then we already have that part covered... so, all decisions left at rest till launch...

p.s- an interesting option just popped into my mind- why not save the additional lac or two over the baleno, go for the swift, and mod it heavily... and i mean M-O-D, as in twin cams, turbo/supercharger, exhaust/intake, ignition, etc.-and if allowed, even a four wheel-drive... (evo-style; or rather, 206 style) ...!!! now, THAT, would be interesting....could pop more than twice as much power as the baleno, for almost the same price ( maybe a li'l more).......
Old 14th May 2005, 16:36   #39
BANNED

wish they have a convertible to this model. but thats one hot hatch i like after the zen for sure.
Old 14th May 2005, 17:13   #40
BHPian

THE 2 door cope in the website of swift is fabulous. I dont think it can happen in india after seeing the sale of 2 dr zen.

Wow am I dreamin or what
Old 14th May 2005, 23:31   #41
BANNED

Hey veyron1,

If you happen to do what you plan you owe me a ride buddy.. idea seems nice.. and the car will handle power better then a baleno and has better brakes then baleno as well..
Old 14th May 2005, 23:42   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Montoya and Veyron,

Firstly you are discussing a car that neither of you have driven. The car hasnt even been launched yet.

It will take a while before you get the after market support for your modifications

GTO
Old 15th May 2005, 03:02   #43
Senior - BHPian

veyron, the way things seem to go...i guess ur decision on the swift is totally right. its all about pricing and test drive experience from now on. cant really wait for ur experience..so, pls. post it asap after the drive and do post the pricing (ex-mumbai) for all models.
Old 15th May 2005, 09:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

sure thing, montoya.... but lemme get the car first...(he..he..)..!!!!

and as for the aftermarket support, since it sports the esteem block, getting the twin cams and the other stuff shouldn't be difficult.....in fact, it should be easy....our very own team fs (zengt,here) may do the mods...including the 4wd...... so i guess it ain't THAT difficult, GTO....he..he..

true, we are discussing a car that hasn't even been launched yet.... but hey, it never hurts to plan (or rather, discuss) in advance, now, does it....?

sure thing, nitrous.... the dealer has already confirmed some passes for me, for attending the launch....the guys said the venue might be the hyatt, or somewhere equally prominent.. and if they (maruti) offer a test drive to all their customers at the launch, well...then that would be the icing on the cake...and i shall post my reviews the very same day-be it night or dawn...you can count on me on that... and oh, yes, the all-important pricing, too...!!
Old 15th May 2005, 15:09   #45
BHPian

Hey one of my friends had called vitesse about the swift about two weeks back and day before yesterday they called him and asked him if he would like to book himself a timeslot and come and have a look at it on the 19th and they also said that there were 4 versions of the car Lx,Lxi,Vxi,Zxi and the Zxi is for 4.85 on road. They seemed more intense in selling the Zxi variant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks