Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 02:39   #181
Senior - BHPian

@Amogh

There is a 1.6 MJD doing service in the GP abroad.

I am not sure if I can share an external link here.

29 Fiat Grande Punto car specifications - BBC Top Gear

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2009 at 16:23. Reason: No problemo with external links as long as they are relevant to the thread
Old 3rd October 2009, 20:52   #182
BHPian

This is it-The 1.4 T-Jet.. The Linea.. and The Schumacher

So there has been some news about the 1.4 T-Jet for the Linea. I heard it too, but there is a lot of speculation doing the rounds as regards the future engine options for the Linea and Punto. Its yet not clear if the 1.6 MJD will be launched or the T-jet 1.4 and when. Some say its by this year end. What I got to hear was that it wont be until six months that we get to see an engine upgrade for Linea. Whatever it is, Fiat make it happen..soon.
Old 3rd October 2009, 22:10   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Guys,
But what is coming is the 1.4 L TJET (120 bhp). Deliveries I am told will start in April 10
Any news on the Punto multijet VGT?
Old 5th October 2009, 18:49   #184
BANNED

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...079.cms:thumbs up
Old 5th October 2009, 20:31   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Not able to open to link anyway ACI has carried reports saying that it is unlikely to come before 2nd half , some how this appears to be a plant as gearbox issue mentioned does not gel.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:55   #186
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
Not able to open to link anyway ACI has carried reports saying that it is unlikely to come before 2nd half , some how this appears to be a plant as gearbox issue mentioned does not gel.
My bad sorry, the thumbs-up sign messed up the link - 10,000 units of Linea sold since January : Fiat India- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Also i could have been specific earlier, its about linea's sales strength. I dint want to create a new thread, so i kinda posted in this (the most relevant one). Am really tired of waiting for the 1.6MJD :-(
Old 5th October 2009, 21:51   #187
BHPian

The actual link is 10,000 units of Linea sold since January : Fiat India- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

This should work.

Cheers
Old 12th October 2009, 10:07   #188
BHPian

Guys, this weekend I was on a Ashtvinayak trip, and you know while I tool left from Chafulaa to Moregoan on Pune Sholapur highway, I noticed a punto parked on the side. Did not think much as I thought it must be someone's personal car. However I was driving did notice two more while punto driving towards me and a third one fully camaflouged with black and white strips. before I could take any pics, they were away from the site. Further down the road, did see another one parked. Stopped my car and as I was about the get down and take a pic, it sped off. However did manage to take a pic from side. Will post it later. I am sure Fiat is testing its powerful engines for the Punto as well. All these cars were white with yellow strip on side top and yellow number plates with temp registration number.

While returning in the evening, at the same juction near the petrol pump I noticed two puntos parked with same yellow number plates. Got off the car and they both were test 1.4 petrol. But the camaflouged car was not there. Also did notice many regular Vistas in white and cream colour on the roads. I have read somewhere in forum Tatas only make white vistas in annivesary edition. However they were all regular vistas.
Old 13th October 2009, 15:23   #189
BHPian

Motoroids has reported that Fiat is going to launch Linea with 1.6-litre Multijet Diesel engine producing 105PS and also a new colour cool jazz blue.

Come Auto Expo and a new colour and engine will find home in FIAT India’s top selling model – the Linea. The surprise comes in the form of a 1.6-litre Multijet Diesel engine producing 105PS – an engine that ironically doesn’t power any of the Lineas outside! But as per our sources close to FIAT, the engine is currently being tested not only in the Linea but also in the Grande Punto.
There has been a lot of commotion about both these cars being underpowered for the amount of weight they carry. The 1.6 Multijet might hence do the trick for FIAT. The Linea will also come with a new colour – the ‘cool jazz blue (shown above)’ which we have already seen on the Punto. The 1.6-litre Multijet will also be seen soon on the 2010 SX-4, with which Maruti-Suzuki aims to take on the segment leader – the Honda City.

SOURCE: Motoroids - The Free Revving Species
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Launching Linea 1.6 Soon!-2010_linea.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 15:43   #190
Senior - BHPian

So the FGT it is going to be! Not bad after all.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:11   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post

The surprise comes in the form of a 1.6-litre Multijet Diesel engine producing 105PS – an engine that ironically doesn’t power any of the Lineas outside!

SOURCE: Motoroids - The Free Revving Species
Just checked the FIAT's Turkey Website. They have a 1.6 Multijet on the Linea. Attaching two screenshots from the site. For more information check out: FIAT - fiat.com.tr

Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 1574
Size:  135.8 KB
Name:  Picture 2.png
Views: 1570
Size:  103.4 KB
Old 13th October 2009, 16:14   #192
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Motoroids has reported that Fiat is going to launch Linea with 1.6-litre Multijet Diesel engine producing 105PS and also a new colour cool jazz blue.
Yahoo !! My wait will be rewarded after all... I will still wait for April 2010 to see if fiesta pulls a bunny out of its hat (read 1.6D) and if 1.6MJD will find its way into SX4. Also if am not mistaken its not the first time 1.6MJD finds its way into linea... Brazil and Turkey already have it i presume. I made the same mistake in the same post sometime back before i figured out i was wrong.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 13th October 2009 at 16:16.
Old 13th October 2009, 16:24   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeld View Post
Just checked the FIAT's Turkey Website. They have a 1.6 Multijet on the Linea. Attaching two screenshots from the site. For more information check out: FIAT - fiat.com.tr
Thanks Man, Fiat is offering automatic version in turkey and not in India. I wonder why companies are reluctant to launch automatic version except Hyundai, Honda, Toyota. Especially in the Below 9 Lakh Category. We have only two petrol models. I 10 and I 20 and one diesel automatic Hyundai Verna.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:15   #194
BANNED

Carewale projects an early 2010 launch of the 1.6MJD linea with a price tag of 11L. This will prove costly for Fiat. There is too much competition with better offering / interiors at 11L. You have the newly launched cruze with a stonker of an engine (2.0L) at 11L and amazing interiors. So there is nothing in favor of fiat at the price point. Altis is planning a diesel around the same price range

IMHO the right thing to do would be a premium of 70K over the current emotion plus that puts it at 9L. That bring it to the City bracket, yet Fiat / 1.6MJD diesel "might" still be able to pull it off. Also one need to keep in mind the future probables of a Diesel SX4 and a fiesta 1.6D.

Last edited by srikanths1 : 14th October 2009 at 15:20.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:18   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Carewale projects an early 2010 launch of the 1.6MJD linea with a price tag of 11L. IMO this will prove costly for Fiat. There is too much competition with better offering / interiors at 11L. You have the newly launched cruze with a stonker of an engine (2.0L) at 11L and amazing interiors. So there is nothing in favour of fiat at the price point.

A premium of 70K over the current emotion plus puts it at 9L. That bring it to the City bracket, yet Fiat / 1.6MJD diesel "might" still be able to pull it off.
11Lakhs is too high. 1.6MJD Emotion pack at 10L OTR shud be good pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks