Team-BHP - Toyota Fortuner pricing
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Fortuner pricing (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/5700-toyota-fortuner-pricing-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
But i think the SUV will be priced at about 17-18 becoz the CKD's will be imported from Thailand and even if internal pricing is 10 lakhs with the custom duty will come the above mentioned priced

Oooh !! That would be overpriced.. If the fortuner is priced anywhere more than 12 i am moving on to the Safari-CRDi..

well, man23, sorry to disappoint you, buddy, but the fortuner will definitely be priced above 12!!!!

but it won't cost more than 15, IMHO. that's because, even if it's brought in the CKD route, the kits don't attract as much duty as a SKD, and definitely not a CBU; so it's safe to assume a 15 lac horizon, i guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
well, man23, sorry to disappoint you, buddy, but the fortuner will definitely be priced above 12!!!!

Veyron1 buddy, i am still optimistic that the Fortuner would be priced between the 10-12Lac Range, for the following reasons..

1> The Fortuner is based on the same platform as the Innova and since the Innova is manufactured in India, TKM should not face a lot of problems moving one assembly line for the Fortuner after the demand-supply equation gets balanced for the Innova..

2> Secondly, Toyota has a strong history of competing against the local brands, in this case Tata and Mahindra.. in order to position itself at the helm of affairs.. This automatically takes care of Honda, Hyundai and others..

3> Toyota would be looking at the volume game instead of one-upmanship with Honda, GM, Ford, etc.. Remember the Endeavour, et all are already overpriced.. So bringing in the Fortuner at sub-12Lacs will whip out the opposition and would gather huge momentum for Toyota in the SUV range..

4> With the Safari-CRDI expected to be launched in july-august time frame. And from whatever we've read about the vehicle in overdrive magazine.. The fortuner will have to be evenly priced to attract buyers..

As for me, i am going to wait and watch.. Eagerly awaiting the Safari to be launched in the sub-10 Lac range..

Cheers,
Manish.

Man23,
According to my info ... Innova is not being manufactured but assembled here...
Let me confirm on this and come back to you ...
We do not have the equipment still in India to achieve the fit and finish of the dashboard as the one found in India.. So therefore I am very much sure thats its only and assembly plant as yet...
Regards
EVO6

Quote:

Eagerly awaiting the Safari to be launched in the sub-10 Lac range..
well, the base 2 wheel drive will definitely be around 9 lacs, or lesser (talking about crd-i here), but the EX 4X4 will be in the region of 11 lacs, on-road.... and i think we both want the 4X4.....

let's hope that toyota heeds to our prayers and brings in the fortuner at that price (the chances of which, i feel, are remote, because at least the 3.0 D-4D powertrain will have to be fully imported )...... if so, i see a bright 4 wheel drive(n) future in toyota's destiny, here in india.....

and evo, the innova is being built here, not assembled...the indigenisation content of the innova is to the tune of almost 60-65%.....

and as for the safari crd-i or the fortuner, i just wanna cruise in a powerful four wheel drive that's also slightly economical.... let's hope, for both our sakes, that the fortuner might be brought in for at least 11-12 lacs, yaar.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVO6
Man23,
According to my info ... Innova is not being manufactured but assembled here...
EVO6

EVO,

Being in bangalore, i am keeping a much closer tab on Toyota. TKM had discontinued the Qualis in Dec-04 and spent almost 3-months upgrading its assembly lines for the Innova before finally launching it on March-24.

Veyron1,

Toyota may bring out the Fortuner with different engine options, it may introduce the 3.0 D-4D engine for a premium.. But Toyota may also bring out a low-cost version of the Fortuner for the same engine that drives the Innova.. And the 4x4 option may cost upto 30K more.. Wishful thinking.. eh??

In any case, i am gonna weigh my options as well as my money before deciding..

Cheers,
Manish.

Im guessing the price to be nearer to 14.5-15 lacs ex-showroom. they will launch it against the CR-v and wont be surprised if its priced higher than the CR-v

According to todays TOI newspaper it should cost around 12lacs..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montoya

yes, i read it too, and i hope, for pete's sake, that for once, they are right...!!! please god, i shall give you a hundred coconuts as offering, if you do this for us...!!!!

but , however optimistic (or realistic) as the report may seem, i feel that the on-road price of the fortuner (4X4 version) might cost somewhere around that of the endeavour (at least)- meaning, 14.0-15.0........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montoya

This news was like oxygen to my dying hopes of owning the Fortuner..

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1
please god, i shall give you a hundred coconuts as offering, if you do this for us...!!!!

God is listening dude.. Keep praying..

Quote:

God is listening dude.. Keep praying..
well, i am- but i think god is like us, so he might be moved only by numbers..... so i suggest you, and everybody else who's vying for a fortuner, start praying too....he..he..

isnt the Fortuner supposed to be the direct competitor of the Ford Endeavour.

So, i guess the pricing must be more or less similar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by man23ish

Toyota may bring out the Fortuner with different engine options, it may introduce the 3.0 D-4D engine for a premium.. But Toyota may also bring out a low-cost version of the Fortuner for the same engine that drives the Innova.. And the 4x4 option may cost upto 30K more.. Wishful thinking.. eh??

Hmmm looking at the Innova pricing scale, Fortuner options may be along these lines:

1. Base Model - without power options (Steering, Windows, Mirrors), 2WD, without ICE (Information-Communication-Entertainment), skinny tyres on steel wheels, Innova diesel engine (probably WITHOUT TURBO), rexine-like seats, black bumpers, no fog lamps, no demister, NO NOTHING (hell, even the tyres may be optional) - 9.99 lakhs

2. Option 1 - base PLUS headrests for driver and front passenger, power steering only, tinny radio, hubcaps on steel wheels, Innova diesel plus turbo, 25% of the seats in fabric, body coloured bumpers, slightly fatter tyres - 12.00 lakhs

3. Option 2 - Option 1 plus half decent stereo, power windows, rear window demister, 50% of seats in fabric, additional blower for rear seats, tilt seats for 2nd row, headrests for 2nd row, clock, central locking (maybe remote but dont bet on it), child lock - 12.99 lakhs

4. Option 3 - Option 2 plus 4wd selectable, mp3 stereo in dash cd player (!), power mirrors, rear wash and wipe, full fabric seats, climate control hvac, individual a/c controls for all rows with condensor, bumpers painted in contrasting colours, metallic paint, alloy wheels, height adjustment for driver's seat, tilt steering, rear window wash and wipe, headlamp wash and wipe, tow hook, winch mount, yaw & tilt indicator, fog lamps, leather seats, dimming door and courtesy lamps, remote central locking with theft alarm, lumbar support for seats, fake wood and chrome inserts on dashboard, temperature sensor and some information (FE, Range, etc) on the ICE, anti glare mirrors, and all the bells and whistles - 14.5 lakhs.

5. Ultimate option - Option 4 + 3 litre D4D engine and real 4WD capabilities. Sort of mini-Landcruiser Prado. Rs. 18 lakhs for the real deal.

PS: This is a piece of fiction, not to be taken seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
PS: This is a piece of fiction, not to be taken seriously.

Haha... i nearly bought that one there. Good for a Tuesday morning laugh.

Revv

hee..hee..ha..ha... good one there steeroid.... i was laughing my pants off, especially at this one..

Quote:

Originally posted by Steeroid

Base Model - without power options (Steering, Windows, Mirrors), 2WD, without ICE (Information-Communication-Entertainment), skinny tyres on steel wheels, Innova diesel engine (probably WITHOUT TURBO), rexine-like seats, black bumpers, no fog lamps, no demister, NO NOTHING (hell, even the tyres may be optional)
now that, sounds like toyota, and real funny too....tyres optional....ha..ha...

but like you said- this is fictional, and let's hope none of the corporate bigwigs at toyota read this particular post of yours, and starts getting some smart ideas...

but seriously, let's hope that toyota intends to target the mass, and not some selective consumers, and prices it right....but if they price the fortuner at innova's (top end 'G' model) price,somehow, no doubt- the public will simply stop buying the innova 'G', and go for the fortuner, in which case, they might sell more than 2-3000 units per month; which is unlikely.

now, if toyota head-butts the endeavour, and prices it in the exact same range or less (12.5-15 lacs), then the innova's sales won't be cannibalised, both it's models would be safe, and it would simply eat up the competition for snack. now that seems more practical.... of course, in the first case, the engine would be the innova's and in the second, it would be the 3.0 D-4D....