BANNED

Superb find CLS..

Any frontal pics..

Quote:
I wonder if there will be a 3 box version
i really dont think so they will..??
Old 26th May 2005, 12:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

neat find, cls....!!!! way to go, buddy, we are proud of ya..!! and the pic is good enough, yaar -c'mon,we can't take spy pics, unexpectedly, with a nikon SLR now, can we (he..he..)...

and yeah, stratos, i have seen the same car too.....on the borivali- dahisar section, one too many times, but i was driving whenever i spotted the car; and more often than not, i am on my bike (whenever i've spotted the camouflaged car, that is; and this car has been doing the rounds in mumbai since the past 2-4 months only, i guess), alone, which means i'm ripping too fast to slow down or stop and take pics.....

and revv, the aveo has been undergoing the ARAI trials since the past one year..!!! i guess GM takes it's own sweet time to launch a car......but now that the swift is out, GM might start to hasten things up a bit; and the matiz-2, a.k.a spark, will be launched by april 2006 (at least that was the scheduled date by gm, given to me by sources).

the aveo, badged as a chevy, will be more expensive than the sail. and they will try to market it more aggressively, but success on that front is....well....unpredictable at best. sources tell me the pricing will be in the region of 5.0. still don't have any news on the specs yet.... and the launch will probably not be before aug-sep. they do not have any launches in their current list of things to do.... they are more busy trying to acquire the daewoo plant, as 10-20% of the aveo was supposed to be sourced from there. they have threatened to walk out of the deal in the next 2 months, if the banks holding daewoo assets don't reach a common agreement. and if gm india walks out of the daewoo deal, expect the launch to be delayed by a couple of months more....
Old 26th May 2005, 12:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Nice find CLS.

I think this car is going to be a bit dull compared to the opposition. I mean, just look at it! And the engines also do not sound very promising or innovative.
Old 26th May 2005, 13:12   #19
BHPian

The first thing that came to mind was the Santro Xing! Are you sure Veyron that it'll cost 5 lacs?

What are the dimensions of the Aveo? In the Swift/ Getz/ Palio bracket?
Geez there's a lot of cars coming in that region, but that bracket hasnt really set sales on fire!
Old 26th May 2005, 13:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

i still think - Gm should launch the Spark instead of the Aveo. Me thinks the matiz/spark will get GM more volumes than the Aveo....and if they price it around 5 lacs ..oh oh
Old 26th May 2005, 13:57   #21
BHPian

beg to differ on the looks...

the aveo looks distinctly different from the santro (and the getz for that matter). inspite of its size, it does look "muscular" (dunno if it is the right word) than either of the hyundai models. The styling is purposeful and not bland or neutered like the hyundai models.

was launched over a year ago in malaysia where i have had a chance to examine at sufficiently close quarters.

for me the aveo is definitely classier. if coupled with a good engine, i would definitely choose it any day over the santro or the getz, even if mileage would be poorer.

of course what downgradings the car will be abused to prior to launch in the indian market is anybody's guess. i mean just look at the Swift.
Old 26th May 2005, 14:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

yup, superavi, the prices are confirmed...well...sorta.... but it will definitely hover around the 5.0 mark. the prices have been indicated by sources from gm themselves...

and n-c, i agree, they should launch the spark instead of the aveo; but maybe they're playing it safe....and this one should please you (or surprise you)- the pricing of the new spark is yet under scrutiny, as the car is undergoing trials even in europe; but the indian version of the spark is speculated to be in the region of 3.8-4.5 lac. (gm sources, again)
Old 26th May 2005, 14:06   #23
Team-BHP Support

Most of the reviews deem it as "average" - it should be priced properly to get anywhere
Old 26th May 2005, 17:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1

and n-c, i agree, they should launch the spark instead of the aveo; but maybe they're playing it safe....and this one should please you (or surprise you)- the pricing of the new spark is yet under scrutiny, as the car is undergoing trials even in europe; but the indian version of the spark is speculated to be in the region of 3.8-4.5 lac. (gm sources, again)
Veyron, more than playing safe, it is a question of capacity. GM's current plant at Halol, Gujarat has a capacity of no more than 50,000 units. Its currently working at around 70%+ capacity (35,000 units).The Daewoo plant at Surjapur, UP would add an additional capacity of 60,000 units to GM's output, which can be extended to 75,000 units at the drop of a hat.

A car like the Spark, would even in its initial year of launch, easily average a sales figure of 3-4000 units a month. Which clearly means that GM needs that Daewoo plant in order to produce the Spark. Moreover it would be economical to build the Spark there as the mouldings, jigs,fixtures and toolings at the plant are tuned to build the Matiz, nee Spark, making cost of production lower than it would take GM to build a seperate plant with a new assembly line.

The Aveo will help GM utilize the Halol plant to full capacity, till GM acquires the Daewoo plant. GM knows that it can sell no more than 1000-1200 units of the Aveo, each month. The figures indicated speak for themselves.

Revv
Old 26th May 2005, 18:57   #25
Senior - BHPian

I wonder why they are launching the hatch instead of the Aveo sedan.......knowing very well that every large hatch from Fusion to Sail to Palio has fared badly.The sedan would take the battle straight into Accent and Flair territory which is where the volumes are.

Now..whats going to happen to the Corsa?
Old 26th May 2005, 21:32   #26
BHPian

Actually even this pic was taken over 2 months ago. I think theres something spooky about this car. Even I see it almost everyday somewhere or the other but Ive never been able to take any decent pics, just like so many other guys. lol..
Old 26th May 2005, 23:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
so, which member stays nearest to the ARAI office and what are all the sightings till date?? any interesting ones??
I dont actually live near ARAI(no one can,as it is on a hill), but I do walk past it every evening. Though there are some sightings, they keep their test vehicles well hidden inside the compound. Only trucks and other commercial vehicles are parked outside.

Last edited by sajo : 26th May 2005 at 23:25.
Old 27th May 2005, 00:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
I wonder why they are launching the hatch instead of the Aveo sedan.......knowing very well that every large hatch from Fusion to Sail to Palio has fared badly.The sedan would take the battle straight into Accent and Flair territory which is where the volumes are.

Now..whats going to happen to the Corsa?
Palio fared badly ??
Old 27th May 2005, 08:31   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
)- the pricing of the new spark is yet under scrutiny, as the car is undergoing trials even in europe;
Rubbish - the new spark is already on sale
Old 27th May 2005, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Aveo sedan and hatchback to be launched in 2006. To replace Corsa. its in today's times drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks