Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2005, 12:54   #46
BHPian

Aveo in USA.

I saw the Aveo or whatever it is called,in The US in jan 05.I noticed this car in an ocean of vehicles coz' it looked just like the Getz.I even had a close look at it in a parking lot & I thought it must be the getz badged differently there,just like the Suzuki Forenza(Chevy Optra).....
Old 4th August 2005, 01:53   #47

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

i saw the aveo being tested on the greater noida expressway.was disguised in black and white stripes so cudnt pretty much make out the exact design.looks like a getz with the same one box design.when the car stopped after some distance i asked the guy sitting on the passenger seat(had a laptop connected to the ecu in the car).wouldnt tell me exactly the specifications of the car but did tell me that they were checking the FE and the air conditioning.this was in the month of june.the car looked pretty big though for a hatchback.hope they price it competitively on the lines of the swift.
Old 4th August 2005, 06:29   #48
BHPian

Guys, here in S'pore I saw quite a few chevy Aveo very closely. The first thing which I felt happy when I looked at Aveo was the metal which gives u the feell of strength like the plaio
secondly I felt the rear leg room was very small. May be they may have done some changes for the Indian Market.
Old 4th August 2005, 10:31   #49
BHPian

Saw the Aveo on M.G.Road Bangalore

I saw this black & white patched car as soon as I was out of my office on M.G.Road. I remember someone mentioning seeing this car in Bangalore, so guessed this is the car. As there was lot of traffic in the evening, I was just crawling behind/side of this car.

The car had Gujrat registration, GJ-17..... It looks so similar to Getz!! The waist lines, the back door and I guess it is little smaller to Getz. The dash looks close to Santro (with those round AC wents). And rear seat looked like little cramped.

If GM launches this car as it is, then Swift and Getz will beat this car any day. And if they price it lower than Swift, then, I am sure, cars belong Santro and WagonR will be killed.

Selective
------------
Take it easy, in traffic jams!
Old 5th August 2005, 14:00   #50
BHPian

AVEO....is it daewoo,by GM..???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks