Team-BHP - Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59605-why-ritz-vdi-more-expensive-than-swift-vdi-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 1326795)
Fiat Wins..lol :) .
When where are how..? I hope they had sales figures to prove. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1326967)
Anna,

If you need to know, and For Your Information,:uncontrol all the Maruti diesel hatchbacks run on Fiat engines, if not for Fiat's Maruti's would never on earth would have sold such numbers in Diesel Hatchs or Compact sedans:D

not to forget Tata Indica Vista as well. So it doesn't matter which car is is sold, ultimately Fiat will profit from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 1327184)
Sorry, but my thoughts are exactly opposite to yours.

Ritz is a car that promises to be a bestseller. Why ? Its built on the same platform as the Swift, is more spacious , has contemporary looks, and last but not the least, has stonker of a Engine - both Petrol and Diesel.

The Ritz is everything the A-Star wasn't. It scores highly on practicality. Look how the practical tall boy cars have performed in the market in the past - Santro, WagonR were huge successes. Even today, these "outdated" models have so many takers. The common man does not care as much about stylish looks or extraordinary performance or great handling. Rather, a decent mix of all these, coupled with high practicality, decent boot, ease of ingress and egress, great visibility are some of the reasons i expect Ritz to do exceedingly well.

Already in NCR, i am seeing 2-3 Ritz everyday ! Speaks a lot about how well the market has reacted to this hatch, even in days of recession !

Kudos to Maruti for yet again, after a long time, bringing a Practical hatchback. Way to go!

I agree with all your points but my question is why bring the Ritz and price it so close to swift that it will eat into swift's sales.
Now what will happen is people who care about looks will buy the swift and ignore the ritz due to its ugly back. I have seen a white ritz in bangalore from behind and must tell you that it looks like a successful attempt to make the ugly wagon r even more ugly.

People who dont care about looks and are bored of seeing many swifts on the road might buy ritz.

So who is gaining out of this whole excercise? Its Hyundai i10.
The i10 still has no decent competition at its price and is going to continue to sell in large numbers. Thats my point!

Cheers,
Nitin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 1326860)
i realized decent small car do not cost 4 lakhs anymore, it now cost 5 lakhs.

Tell me about that bro!! Slowly and very cutely the cars are going beyond 5L! I did not realize this untill I started looking for a hatch of decent package + safety options. Both MSIL or HMIL are introducing new models that cross 5L OTR barrier very easily. And also neither TATA nor fiat helping us in this segment with no ABS and no air bag cars :(

mmm Then should we say that a-star is for sure a star and saving grace when you are looking for ABS + air bag within 5L OTR?

Quote:

Originally Posted by highsteem (Post 1327534)
mmm Then should we say that a-star is for sure a star and saving grace when you are looking for ABS + air bag within 5L OTR?

Oh Come on! The A* is so cramped that it is nothing more than a city car used to go for shopping or drop kids to school ala Reva and Nano and this car will never be taken on the highways so what use is abs and airbags?
In the city you will never go above 40 km/hr and at that speed wearing seatbelts itself is enough, which most indians never do!

Had been to a couple of Maruti outlets over the weekend. Pricing right or wrong, they are getting lot of inquiries and bookings for the Ritz, and the surprising thing is that the bookings and waiting time for the petrol version is much higher than the diesel one!

I test drove the Ritz petrol and diesel over the weekend. The petrol is really sweet. I won't be too surprised if the petrol outsells the diesel. I absolutely hated its looks though and the interiors were just about okay. The tacho looks quite crude.

Maruti now has too many offerings in the <6Lacs category

Alto
ZEN Estilo
Ritz
Swift
D'zire

there are varients within these offerings which means they have a car + accessories at every price point from RS 2 Lac to RS 6 Lac. For a normal consumer this is great but equally confusing. But today there are no serious challenger to Maruti Suzuki
hence they think that they put any product in the market and it will be sold.
with thier vast network of dealers and service they will continue to rule for some time to come.

Sorry for going off-topic, but the tacho layout doesn't work for me, it reminds me of this

Why is Ritz VDi more expensive than the Swift VDi ?-knoxville.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by revhappy (Post 1327529)
So who is gaining out of this whole excercise? Its Hyundai i10. The i10 still has no decent competition at its price and is going to continue to sell in large numbers. Thats my point!
Cheers,
Nitin

Precisely, i10 does not have any competition in its class and there is no other car in its class which comes close to offering the same build quality. i10 is leagues ahead in this aspect and will continue to sell until we see any other manufacturer offer a similar speced car.

Pardon my ignorance but isn't Ritz priced at par with i10 Kappa ?

I thought A-Star was competing with i10 iRDE and Ritz with i10 Kappa.

If the Kappa is priced substantially lower than the Ritz, then i too agree that it could be disastrous for Maruti.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLK (Post 1326630)
Why would it not be?
cause it just gets new looks with lesser space, nothing gr8 about it.

Its a more modern car.
Its got more space.
And its got the same engine!

sorry mate but rear space is smaller to swift which is more comfortable, though head room is more in ritz to swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasanth (Post 1326654)
I thought ritz was selling a little cheaper than swift

it is selling cheaper for 2.3k cheaper to swift(in my city)

No wonder there are not very many Ritz to be seen around. If it is more expensive than swift why choose it??

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_Girl (Post 1328533)
No wonder there are not very many Ritz to be seen around. If it is more expensive than swift why choose it??

The car just launched a few weeks back. Thats the reason you don't see them much on road. I daily see 2 new Ritz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T_Girl (Post 1328533)

it is selling coz as of now its readily available off the shelf with MJD,swift still has waiting period.
lets see how it fares few months down the line

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 1328566)
it is selling coz as of now its readily available off the shelf with MJD,swift still has waiting period.
lets see how it fares few months down the line

Thats how Maruti plays it. They have priced Ritz almost at par with Swift and made it readily available. Anyone who can't wait for Swift end up buying Ritz.

Its a WIN WIN situation for Maruti.