8-10 kpl 47 47.00%
10-12 kpl 20 20.00%
12 + 6 6.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 19:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

@ maverickdrive : That was a very well-written and explained first post. Welcome to the forum! I'm glad we're fianlly having positive reports on the FE, I suppose it's mainly down to individual driving styles. Great that you've gotten into the groove with your car perfectly and that it's returning impressive figures for you. Thanks for taking the trouble and joining the forum to share your experiences!

I really AM curious as to what was going on in your head when you thought of pitting your little i10 A/T against that crazy monster of a Verna CRDi.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:04   #62
BHPian

Maverick, that's a very nicely written experience. Welcome to the family.

Also, let me warn you that Team-BHP is very very addictive.
Old 4th August 2009, 20:34   #63
BHPian

maverick,

very detailed report and suggestions from you.

I am thinking about buying i10 AT but was in concerned after reading the reports here on TBHP about FE. will wait for some more time so that everyone has a chance to implement what you have said. If it really makes a difference, I am going to put my money on i10 AT very soon.

Avenger
Old 4th August 2009, 22:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
If it really makes a difference, I am going to put my money on i10 AT very soon.
It has to. None of the i10 A/T's running around here have even finished running in AFAIK. I might be wrong. But I'm still a believer in the notion that FE sees an increase after a few thousand clicks. We're all alarmed by preliminary figures here.
Old 4th August 2009, 23:35   #65
Senior - BHPian

Thats a super first post there maverick. The FE figures that your i10 AT is returning must be like music to the other owners here. All your points are very well explained and you do have a nice way with words.

I must admit I had no idea about what you have mentioned in the first point in your post. I drive an old Honda City AT and unlike what your friend from the US said, I generally accelerate upto a certain rpm and then leave the throttle allowing an upshift and then continue with a light foot. My car gives my a constant 10 to 10.5 in the city with 100 % AC. The best I have got on the highway is around 16 kpl.

Anyways back to the topic, this thread is about the i10 AT FE.

And before I forget, welcome to Team BHP.
Old 5th August 2009, 00:01   #66
BANNED

i am getting 10 as of now. i know it can go up as well but i have also started driving in OD off so stuck at 10
Old 28th August 2009, 18:13   #67
BHPian

Will it improve the FE when using the gear in "2" mode in city driving?
using this "2" mode will not upshift the gears too often.

-MUKE
Old 28th August 2009, 18:52   #68
BHPian

maverick even i got a FE of 15 kmpl in esteem automatic on highway whereas in city couldnot get more than 9 kmpl what is the mileage u get in bangalore city.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
Will it improve the FE when using the gear in "2" mode in city driving?
using this "2" mode will not upshift the gears too often.

-MUKE
Not an automatic owner, but I assume I know a fair bit about them. I think that'll worsen the FE figures, as one of the reasons this gearbox doesn't return good FE is because it takes fairly long to shift into 4th. The prolonged acceleration in 3rd takes it's toll on the FE.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Not an automatic owner, but I assume I know a fair bit about them. I think that'll worsen the FE figures, as one of the reasons this gearbox doesn't return good FE is because it takes fairly long to shift into 4th. The prolonged acceleration in 3rd takes it's toll on the FE.
+1 to that. Position 2 and L give you more torque resulting in quick acceleration and that affects your FE for the worse. A good practice would be to drive in D and instead of pulling in the 3rd to the limit, one should leave the throttle after a certain RPM which results in an automatic upshift. You can then proceed in 4th with a light foot. This is what I normally do and it definately helps the FE. I'm talking about the OHC AT here.
Old 28th August 2009, 19:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
This is what I normally do and it definately helps the FE. I'm talking about the OHC AT here.
That would be hte best way to deal with automatics for fuel efficiency. The foot on the accelerator should never break the empty egg shell under it (assuming it to be there), especially after getting into the highest gear.

I hope I conveyed it correctly.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:29   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
+1 to that. Position 2 and L give you more torque resulting in quick acceleration and that affects your FE for the worse. A good practice would be to drive in D and instead of pulling in the 3rd to the limit, one should leave the throttle after a certain RPM which results in an automatic upshift. You can then proceed in 4th with a light foot. This is what I normally do and it definately helps the FE. I'm talking about the OHC AT here.
I did the same thing while i drove a '98 Mazda 626 A/T in US. Took me some time to figure this out, and quickly taught the same to my roommate with whom i shared the car. The 10 year old 2.0L engined car returned around 20 MPG (8.5 kmpl) in city and around 26 MPG (11 kmpl) on highways. Guess if I drive the i10 in the same manner, I should be able to extract respectable mileage out of it.
Old 28th August 2009, 23:10   #73
BHPian

My cousin is getting around 9-10 KMPL in city with a/c on & 13-14 KMPL on highways with a/c on.
Old 28th August 2009, 23:15   #74
BANNED

I use my Santro exclusively in town and get a similar figure. I have had the car for 4 years.
Old 29th August 2009, 17:02   #75
BHPian

I am driving an i10 Sportz AT on Kolkata roads. I have driven only around 300 km so far, so it is really too early to draw a conclusion but I got a little over 9 kmpl on my first tank. This is a combined figure on city/highway and with/without AC mixed. I always drive light footed, never floor the accelerator and never break hard. I also do not turn the engine off but shift to neutral when I stop at traffic lights, which sometimes may take 1-2 minutes on busy intersections. I assume turning the engine off will improve my FE but I have not yet got into the habit.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks