Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 13:58   #31
BHPian

Lemon award, thats a good one. We can have one such lemon award by Team-BHP, to be given to every lemon car! And have a count of which manufacturer has the most number of lemon awards.

At the year end, we could give out the "lemon manufacturer of the year" award.

Last edited by Abes : 14th April 2010 at 13:59.
Old 14th April 2010, 14:33   #32
BANNED

@ CPH:

Thanks for joining the discussion.

Yes we need a club. Is this is the Club?! .

Team-bhp official reviews are unbiased and excellent and manufactures do understand that. The number of members taking decision after discussing here are increasing day by day.

As far as i know ARAI is the official testing and certification agency.

The question is how do we start ?
Old 14th April 2010, 14:37   #33
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
@ CPH:

Thanks for joining the discussion.

Yes we need a club. Is this is the Club?! .

Team-bhp official reviews are unbiased and excellent and manufactures do understand that. The number of members taking decision after discussing here are increasing day by day.

As far as i know ARAI is the official testing and certification agency.

The question is how do we start ?
I am preparing this at the moment. The official awarding procedure will start from May the 1st.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:01   #34
Senior - BHPian

Good to see some experts joining the discussion and making this thread active. We need something like ADAC or AAA in North America. Lets start with this baby step.
Old 14th April 2010, 16:00   #35
BHPian

I will be very happy if something of this sort takes shape. However, please do bear in mind kind of mistrust people have for organisations. Here, I am by no means casting a doubt on TBHP, but please look at our "sold out" auto magazines and tv shows. Everything out here is managed for a price. Problem is, people in a democracy want power but do not want to be responsible for it.

If we can have an organisation like what CPH mentions, it would be just great. Once vox populi is heard, rest of things will fall in place.
Old 15th April 2010, 04:19   #36
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Good to see some experts joining the discussion and making this thread active. We need something like ADAC or AAA in North America. Lets start with this baby step.
As I stated it will start with the first of May. As I am taking responsibility of it and am able to send the awards from Europe, importers and car manufacturers will have great difficulties to prevent it going ahead (unless they send some hitmen to assassinate me ).
Old 15th April 2010, 11:16   #37
BANNED

Eagerly waiting for this month to get end. Thanks for the initiative CPH
Old 16th April 2010, 02:13   #38
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for this month to get end. Thanks for the initiative CPH
No problem.

The good thing me statrting this is that the arm of hostile lawyers and barristers does not reach as far as 7,000km.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:59   #39
BANNED

@CPH, any update on this topic please.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:45   #40
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
@CPH, any update on this topic please.
Of course, there is progress.

From this month onwards a lemon award is being awarded to 4 categories with 2 runners up.

The categories are:

Worst car manufacturer/importer of the month
Worst dealer of the month
Worst independent service station of the month
Worst car of the month

The month of May is a dummy run and I am not expecting great results as people need to get aware, but that is being worked on.

The awards will be sent by post to the respective companies.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:24   #41
BHPian

There should definitely be a special wing of consumer court dedicated to that. Especially since India has so many uninformed buyers and unscrupulous dealers. A car is one of the most expensive purchases an average Indian makes, and IMO, also one of the most susceptible to fraud.

Currently, there are far too few cases where replacement vehicles are given. In the majority of cases, the dealer or the manufacturer is just required to repair the vehicle.

Another good idea would be fore the insurance companies to incorporate customer satisfaction index and average car quality into the insurance costs. This would automatically persuade buyers to pick the better quality cars, thus prompting the manufacturers to improve their quality to get a better rating.

Manufacturers can also work to improve QoS at the dealerships by adjusting the margins based on customer satisfaction. Thus, a dealer or A.S.S with more satisfied customers and fewer complaints would get larger margins.

Frankly, I'm more in favour of the carrot approach of offering beter margins for better performance, than the stick approach of threatening with punitive action and defamation. After all, the companies and dealers let lemons slide simply because they want to save money. If they can make more money by offering better services, everyone wins.
Old 18th December 2010, 21:44   #42
Senior - BHPian

Visible Manufacturing Defect and that too from Honda !!!

I had been to the Honda A.S.S. for the first paid service of my Civic. While I was waiting in the lounge to be attended to, thought would take a look around the showroom and here's what I found !

While it is a simple problem to be fixed, I couldn't digest the fact that something as obvious as this has escaped everybody's attention before the vehicle left the factory premises and made it to the showroom.

@Mods: It would be good to have a dedicated thread for such bloopers but leave the decision to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Should India have anti-lemon laws and a vehicle quality monitoring administration ?-18122010482.jpg  

Should India have anti-lemon laws and a vehicle quality monitoring administration ?-18122010483.jpg  

Old 18th December 2010, 21:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should India have anti-lemon laws and a vehicle quality monitoring administration

holy cow! what a joke! a different light?

Last edited by sidindica : 18th December 2010 at 22:17.
Old 26th June 2012, 07:38   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Should India have anti-lemon laws and a vehicle quality monitoring administration

Auto companies like Maruti, Hyundai, Tata Motors, Toyota and Mahindra to set up recall code for defective cars.

Quote:
India's leading automobile manufacturers have come together to voluntarily set up a 'recall code', which will become operational from as early as next week.
Quote:
With the new 'recall code', companies will require improved manufacturing processes to meet higher safety standards and will also result in better quality products.
Quote:
This new recall code initiative would be implemented from July 1, leading to a process whereby leading automakers like Maruti,Suzuki, Hyundai, TVS Motors, Tata Motors, Toyota, Volkswagen, Honda,Ashok Leyland, Eicher, Bajaj Auto, Hero MotoCorp and Mahindra.
Auto companies like Maruti, Hyundai, Tata Motors, Toyota and Mahindra to set up recall code for defective cars - The Economic Times
Old 6th March 2014, 15:48   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Of course, there is progress.

From this month onwards a lemon award is being awarded to 4 categories with 2 runners up.

The categories are:

Worst car manufacturer/importer of the month
Worst dealer of the month
Worst independent service station of the month
Worst car of the month

The month of May is a dummy run and I am not expecting great results as people need to get aware, but that is being worked on.

The awards will be sent by post to the respective companies.
Bumping up!

Where are we with this? Couple of years have passed!

This thread came to my mind when I saw an event on Facebook by a Motor Club, to protest against one of their members' faulty car.

Last edited by Abes : 6th March 2014 at 16:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks