Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:42   #196
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
And the latest news is Honda is now giving discounts on ANHC from 30K to 1.50 Lacs. Think about those who have bought ANHC between 1st Apr'09 to 30th Jun'09 when the prices were hiked
Discount of 1.50 lakhs? Must be on NHC old stock, not ANHC...
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:58   #197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Discount of 1.50 lakhs? Must be on NHC old stock, not ANHC...
No, its on ANHC SMT & SAT models (not even on EMT) !!

Cross-posting below my post from Jazz thread

Quote:
Its happening!!
T-BHP effect of this thread seems to be making Honda to give discounts (I'm not sure if its already posted here earlier). Honda is offering discounts (may be under disguise of "Corporate" ?) on almost all cars, heard from a friend.

Jazz - 22K to around 55K (6.98 L ex-showroom @ Delhi is at 6.76L)

City SMT & SAT - 22K to 65 K

Civic VMT - 33K to 1.20 Lac

Civic VAT - 58K to 1.50 Lac

Accord AT - 40K to 1.60 Lac

Accord V6 - 65K to 2.25 Lac

What say now, guys? Let those Reasons flowing---- Monsoons, Great Strategy, Rationalisation, tax-cuts et al

Discount on Jazz?
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:30   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the latest news is Honda is now giving discounts on ANHC from 30K to 1.50 Lacs.

Jazz - 22K to around 55K (6.98 L ex-showroom @ Delhi is at 6.76L)

City SMT & SAT - 22K to 65 K

Civic VMT - 33K to 1.20 Lac

Civic VAT - 58K to 1.50 Lac

Accord AT - 40K to 1.60 Lac

Accord V6 - 65K to 2.25 Lac
What is the source of your news? This seems HIGHLY unlikely. This is just not the way Honda works.
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:42   #199
BHPian

Honda is still segment leader in C+.
Whats the need for them to give such huge discounts?
Old 2nd July 2009, 18:43   #200
BHPian

Quote:
No, its on ANHC SMT & SAT models (not even on EMT) !!

Cross-posting below my post from Jazz thread

Unbelievable! What is the source?
Old 2nd July 2009, 19:46   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocarcr View Post
It gives me great pleasure to announce partial car sales in June 2009. (I will still wait for Vasudev's XL sheet). But here goes (courtesy: Hindu)

It looks like the company which is REALLY smiling from year on year gains is Fiat - with its new GP and Linea they are soon catching up with their arch rivals Honda- a WHOPPING 349% increase- over last year, clocking more than 50% of Honda car sales in June 2009 with only 3 cars in its portfolio against Honda's 5. The GP has done well in its first month with sales hovering around the 1300 mark (external source) and the Linea with around 1100 units (a slight month on month gain) It also looks to me that Honda's continuous Jazzy advertisements has left City customers sticking to the Jazz hence splitting usual 4000 odd City sales into half. Looks like the City also has finally thrashed the Civic (its own sibling) and CRV has gone out for good- though Accord sales seem to be on par with the rivals (not indicated). Mahindra seems to be enjoying its sales numbers with the runaway hit- Xylo (also advertised extensively). Maruti and Hyundai undoubtedly remain segment kings in the hatchback market with Hyundais i20 doing good numbers as well as the Maruti Ritz with around 8500 units. The Ritz (similar to what the Jazz is doing to the City) is eating away sales from the Swift as it is considered more VFM and styling is better. Tata Motors ended on a flat note with the Indica Vista doing the same as previous month figures and indica sales overall grew as indicated above. Indigo seems to be falling in sales (maybe on accounts for the August release of the Indigo Vista). This month will be interesting to note (July 2009) as there are big fights going on (with respect to previous months launches):

1) The Grande Punto vs i20 vs Ritz vs Jazz
2) The Linea vs Honda City
3) Laura vs Altis vs Civic

Only time can tell what will happen! Will the Jazz sales drop owing to 70% of reports condemning its expensive price tag? Will the Grande Punto and consequently Linea sales increase owing to the new GP ad by Yuvraj Singh (Be different from others- the bold new drive)????

CR :-)
Well, classic case of getting carried away isn't it?

# 349% growth has to be considered in the context of what is the starting point right? Fiat had a total sales of 550 cars in June '08 which was at the bottom of the table, so boss, please see it in the context of other manufacturers too - in absolute numbers, the growth is not comparable to others (Except for Mahindra's Logan may be, but then even Mahindra would out do Fiat since they would have sold numerous Boleros and Scopios)

# Why do you think Fiat is fighting with only Honda? Fiat is fighting everyone else in the market (just like every other manufacturer)

# While Fiat is showing signs of revival with great cars that are loaded with features, note that (in my opinion), they are selling at less profit margins than almost every one else. (Currently for the features offered, Fiat is probably the most VFM offer in both GP and Linea segments) So, Fiat is in the right direction, but they will have to sell much higher volumes to make the same margin/profit others are making.

# With regards to Jazz and City, (if you compare with just the last month's sales of City), it seems like Honda had a rubber band effect - over all they sold more cars in Jazz + City (around 1000 cars more), but at some cost of City. HSIL's target was 2500 cars per month for Jazz alone, and if you negate the effect on City (~3.5K in May vs. ~2.5K in June), in reality they sold only 1000 cars more.

# Though Jazz is undercutting City and Ritz undercutting Swift, look at this this way - their share of TAM (Total Addressable Market) has gone up. Since they are selling more number of cars per month, in the long run, they are laughing a lot more on their way to the bank!

Last edited by pmbabu : 2nd July 2009 at 19:55.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:57   #202
BHPian

@neotraveller: I know that there are official statements, but how honest are companies when churning out figures? Could it be that they set themselves a target of ~12000 and in public, the statement was 16000.
Old 2nd July 2009, 21:04   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1t1bet View Post
@neotraveller: I know that there are official statements, but how honest are companies when churning out figures? Could it be that they set themselves a target of ~12000 and in public, the statement was 16000.
I think neotraveller meant the actual sales (from the sales threads), not company statements. TBHP sales threads source information from SIAM
Old 2nd July 2009, 21:29   #204
BHPian

@pmbabu: I am not talking of "actual sales", but "expected targets". Do companies even reveal real sales targets? That is the question.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:08   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesh.b View Post
breakup for fiat-
plaio - 60
500 -2
GP - 1501
Linea - 911

(dont ask how i got that)
I was expecting Linea to surely sell 1000 units pm regularly. Hope it improves. I think GP would meet the targets . If these two models manage 3000-3500 units together i think Fiat should be kinda happy.
Old 2nd July 2009, 22:20   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
I If these two models manage 3000-3500 units together i think Fiat should be kinda happy.
I think they (Linea + GP) should be able to meet this target.

With more people walking into its showrooms, I think Fiat should think of refreshing the interiors and offering some safety kit with the Palio, this model can then definitely do better than 60 a month. But then maybe they are waiting for the new Palio.

Last edited by Volt : 2nd July 2009 at 22:21.
Old 2nd July 2009, 23:44   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post

# While Fiat is showing signs of revival with great cars that are loaded with features, note that (in my opinion), they are selling at less profit margins than almost every one else. (Currently for the features offered, Fiat is probably the most VFM offer in both GP and Linea segments) So, Fiat is in the right direction, but they will have to sell much higher volumes to make the same margin/profit others are making.
This is good for consumer pocket. All the MNC car company does business in India with a higher Margin. So there should some competitor to have a challenge.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:54   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
What is the source of your news? This seems HIGHLY unlikely. This is just not the way Honda works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Unbelievable! What is the source?
This is 200% confirmed !! I can bet (and a huge one at that) on this !!
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:02   #209
BHPian

Quote:
@VahanPujari: News is good, but AGAIN, what is your SOURCE? Can you mention the dealer/city who is providing such offers?

Sorry, but going by history, this is tough to believe!

EDIT 1: Just saw ashwinpak's msg. below. Wow, competition can do WONDERS!

EDIT 2: Wait a minute, the discount figures seem to align with the April price hikes. Are they reversing it, but unofficially?

Last edited by pmbabu : 3rd July 2009 at 12:08.
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:05   #210
ashwinpak

Called up the dealer here. It is true. But not applicable to all corporates, but a select few, and my company is not in the list. And it is valid until July 31st.

Quote:

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks