Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2009, 12:05   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
looks like harishv and skoda are not alone. The difference will be in how honda handles this.
This thread definitely deserve a 5star rating. Here is mine for the H Badge
Old 14th June 2009, 12:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

I hope you go around five starring every thread for every brand.
Old 14th June 2009, 12:42   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I hope you go around five starring every thread for every brand.
I do when a thread deserve a 5 star rating no matter which brand . From your signature i can feel it why u have asked this
Old 14th June 2009, 12:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Another Honda Story, god these guys are now seriously taking things very lightly. Make sure you get the Honda dealership and Honda India's attention to this thread, happened in my case, They were least bothered to attend any of my queries, but once I started complaining on TBHP. They immediately got into action.

Mail these page links, and take a print out and hand it over to the Service Manger at Pink City Honda.
Old 14th June 2009, 14:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

oh thats a bad scene to hear and that to be from Honda, yes i know not all japs company are reliable but honda is being treated like of the best companies in here, so i dont expect the same story like harshiv and skoda from honda too, really sad.A.K.Sancha did you got any reply from honda yet to your mails to them?Update on them.
Old 14th June 2009, 14:23   #36
BHPian

Today being a Sunday, probably some reply by tomorrow. Hoping for the best, let's see.
Old 14th June 2009, 15:20   #37
BANNED

Really sorry to hear the way Honda is treating a customer. I was planning on a Civic AT or the new Laura AT but I read the Laura thread and now after reading this it seems that Indian car buyers are being treated with total disregard. This is not acceptable.
Old 14th June 2009, 16:22   #38
BHPian

I have pointed out to the dealer, that the automatic window up/down switch went bust when the belt gave problems for the 1st time. This I showed to their persons at the workshop on my visit on 16/05/09. Their only response was to ask me to change the whole system for about Rs.7500/- or so. I abstained, as the up down switch was working but the auto up down of driver side had gone bust. So much for their service.
Old 14th June 2009, 20:01   #39
Senior - BHPian

To the best of my knowledge, the early batch of Civic had issues with suspension, specially front as some parts were imported from Malaysia.
I dont what problems you have faced because of suspension. About the cost incurred by you, most of it was plainly avoidable and mistake from Honda/The Dealer.

But I was not aware of any such issues like belt problem. One of our relatives who left for US in 2008 had a Civic from early batch. It never gave any problem or any issues.

Rs. 10 Lakh+ car and one is stranded on the road with family is not what we expect and all this because of dealer's carelessness.

Raise an issue for sure. First we had Skoda and now Honda.

Rating this thread 5 star for people to understand that at TBHP we keep others informed about how manufacturers and dealers are now shamelessly cheating unsuspecting and innocent customers.
Old 15th June 2009, 09:16   #40
BHPian

Friends, to the best of my knowledge and as per the service schedule chart, the p/s belt is to be changed every 1,00,000 kms.

The 1st time it broke, I thought that it was a freak happening, one that can happen to anyone. I was stranded on a deserted highway with wife and kids at 1 am. Had to call friends to help get the car to their home, and 2 days later towed it to a garage. Then the persons of the dealer have come on the 3rd day with a wrong belt, 5th day with the right belt and a spurious / fabricated bolt (for which to I paid), and installed the belt using the same damaged tensioner. Later the mechanics at their workshop in Jaipur told me that this has happened in 5-6 more cars.

The process of getting the car on the road took me 5 days with 1.5 days of missed work for me and driver and an lot of phone calls. What levels of harassment and what torture these Honda people can put you through. This should have been done under extended warranty (as requested by me at that time also) in the 1st place.

What is the extended warranty for? I THINK REFUNDS OF ALL THESE AMOUNTS I HAVE PAID including the Garage charges should be given to me.

Now in the current case I was stranded again on a Rajasthan afternoon on an open highway due to the same problem recurring. This time I had to leave the car on the highway, wnt with my uncle to my office, got another car, ropes, belt, more persons etc. and towed the car back to Ajmer.

Rectified on 14 May, checked up on 16th May at Jaipur, recurred on 11th June. Car standing absolutely idle in Delhi from 30th May to 7th June (8 days). Working days 17 only, kms run about 1800 or so, since the work was carried out for the 1st time.

I have paid the garage charges last time, this time also I have already paid welder charges.

On phone with Mr Vinod the Sevice manager of Pinkcity Honda, after I had checked up and stopped them trying to use old 2nd hand parts without any information, I was assured that the changes were being done FOC (free of cost as I understood). Then they suddenly, after completion of the work, slap me with a bill of Rs.5400+ for the parts (not tensioner) and labour. Is this not cheating?

On talking to Mr Vijay Sharma, the owner of Pink city Motors I was asked to talk to the Sevice Manager Mr.Vinod and not the GM. What is the GM there for?

On calling their GM I am told that I have to pay, they have come to Ajmer and done the repairs in good faith, on an emergency basis (by trying to use old parts without telling me). Then he tells me that we can keep the bill in abeyance and talk the next time I am in Jaipur.

Mr Vinod had the guts to cut my phone while I am discussing with him about why should I pay again, after telling me that I have to pay.

I shudder to think what would have happenned if the car had been in their Workshop. Probably they would have not let me take the car without payment.

Also, the belt they have used this time is an unsealed / open belt, without any pricing info (unlike last time). It seems a genuine belt, but the pricing has gone up by 6 times. A case for MRTPC I think?? Fraud?? Monopoly?? The Honda way of working, increase prices when you have captive customers.

Is there no warranty of any kind for work carried out by the company? 1800 kms, and I am stuck again? What of my mental harrasment and hardships that I have endured? What about my image (Izzat)? Will I be compensated? And they want the car in their Jaipur Workshop? Why? Cant the Honda Co. people come here?

They are not even ready to give me the email ids, phone and fax nos. of their top management persons including President, MD, Directors, GM etc., in India and Japan, as requested by me many times.

Can anyone help me with these, I will be obliged?

I think more than the breakdown, it is the attitude that has hurt the most. This is mental torture to be saddled with such an unreliable car.

My family and I had gone to Delhi on 29th May (for a foriegn trip) and returned on the 7th. We had travelled by the Civic from Ajmer to Delhi, where the car was left standing at my aunt's place, and come back on 7th night (reached Ajmer on 8th at 4 am, only 3 days before this 2nd incidence of belt failure). What if something like this had gone wrong on these journeys, and at those times. I would have been in major trouble. What then?

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 15th June 2009 at 09:33.
Old 15th June 2009, 09:43   #41
BANNED

I must say I surprised by the attitude of the dealership and the studied silence from Honda. In any mass manufactured item gremlins will occasionally creep in. The main issue is is, how does the vendor (manufacturer and his front end - the dealer) handle.

This is indeed very surprising, esp. coming from a company which has so far an unenviable record of customer satisfaction.
Old 15th June 2009, 10:23   #42
BANNED

follow the footstep of Skoda
Honda Civic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Attached Thumbnails
Problems With My Civic And Honda Does Not Care-civic.png  

Last edited by wildon : 15th June 2009 at 10:25.
Old 15th June 2009, 11:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Woof, updation on Wikipedia was quick ! I hope your trouble days will be soon over, and Honda India takes congnizance of the issues faced by you and intervenes ASAP
Old 15th June 2009, 12:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I must say I surprised by the attitude of the dealership and the studied silence from Honda.
Why are you surprised? This is exactly how Honda reacts to any problems on their car's.
Old 16th June 2009, 00:36   #45
BHPian

Is this reply received by me enough?? What should I do? take the car 140 kms or so, one way?

Dear Mr, Garg,

This is in reference to your telecon with the undersigned regarding your Honda car bearing registration no.
RJ01CA2095.

At the outset, we sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As discussed please make your car available at our dealership for replacement of the parts , Since you being our esteemed customer the replacement of parts would be carried out at no cost to you. M/s Pinkcity Honda representatives will be in touch with your good self for resolution of the concern to your satisfaction.

Also we wish to assure you that your future visits to our dealership would assure you of our sincere services .

At Honda, it is our consistent endeavor to provide our customers with best of products and services at all times. We look forward for a joyous association and pleasurable motoring experience.

With Regards

Rosien Haqq
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Siel Cars India., Ltd.

Last edited by alankarm@sancha : 16th June 2009 at 00:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks