Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 13:58   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Problems With My Civic And Honda Does Not Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
We decided to look at the belt system. The independent garage told me a day later that the auto-tensioner has gone bad, massive play at bolt areas and it needs to be replaced. A genuine Honda part was bought and fitted.

So took the car today to another reputed garage in Pune. The owner is very knowledgeable and has tuned and modded several BHPian's cars including Civics. He took a drive and instantly acknowledged that there is a noise. Took a stethoscope and probed the engine bay area. Finally noise was diagnosed to.. auto tensioner again!
Even I remember a lot of us BHPians suggesting that it could well be the problem of Auto Tensioner. Its disheartening to note that two independent Honda dealers could not find and solve the problem. Another worse thing is that when we go and complain, we are branded as someone who always rants. So much for getting a so-called premium car. Will the delaers ever change?
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 17:03   #122
BHPian

these whitefield honda guys are so arrogant. If we explain some problems they bluntly say that we know better than you please dont advise us. The experience is pretty bad, i request Honda to put some sense to their dealers & service centers to be courteous to customers & not to act as arrogant fools.
Chalu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 21:08   #123
Senior - BHPian

Okay, this thread has been a bit of an eye-opener for me. Owning a Fiat, I assumed everyone got better customer care than me, apart from a few aberrations.

I now realise that there are gaps in Honda Service backup as well.

Recently, somebody had mentioned a profound truth: "How can there be a huge difference in quality of service when its the same grease monkeys and service advisors everywhere?"

Maybe with better managers, better parts supply and better margins, one can create a more pro-active ASC. But will it change the mechanic? No. Your only hope is a reliable and non-complex vehicle in the first place which reduces your exposure to the ASC.
Old 6th June 2011, 22:27   #124
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Maybe with better managers, better parts supply and better margins, one can create a more pro-active ASC. But will it change the mechanic? No. Your only hope is a reliable and non-complex vehicle in the first place which reduces your exposure to the ASC.
If you ask me I will say that mechanics are usually good everywhere, its the culture of the managers that makes the difference. My experience with Ford in Pune has been much better. It was due to the diligence of the floor managers, nothing else.
Old 6th June 2011, 23:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
If you ask me I will say that mechanics are usually good everywhere, its the culture of the managers that makes the difference. My experience with Ford in Pune has been much better. It was due to the diligence of the floor managers, nothing else.
I agree and disagree with you. Mechanics are generally an honest lot, but that does not mean they are always diligent or skilled. My car goes to a Tata-Fiat Service Center and they allow only one mechanic to handle my car, who is very good. So is the Workshop Manager. However, the support from the company itself in terms of parts is poor.

That said, there is a serious shortage of good mechanics with proper diagnosis and troubleshooting skills. It is the this bunch of mechanics who often change jobs lured by one ASC after another.
Old 6th June 2011, 23:42   #126
Ice
BHPian

Horribly off-topic, but I've found that the folks who have the most control over the well-being of your car at a Service Station are the SAs and the mechanics. GMs, Sr. Managers, and company reps are disconnected most of the time, as we don't encounter them often and hence don't build the kind of relationship that saves us from the trouble Alankarm has been having.

Truth I've learnt: buddy up to your SA and mechanic. And if something really goes wrong with your car, it'll be those guys raising the issue with the company and the senior management. Worked for me at Prerana when my Palio's turbo blew.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks