Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2005, 16:56   #46
BANNED

Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun
Read in TOI this morning :
Hyundai withdraws Swift-santro ad. Hyindai admiited to using images of swift and santro on different scales. However they mentioned that interior dimensions mentioned in the brochure were physically measured by its representatives. Hinting at the absence of any standard measurements methods in the industry, hyundai has offered to consult regulatory authorities to compare & contest its measurements of Swift with Maruti's figures.

Though the whole goof up is totally unethical on Hyundai's part. They must refrain and let their products speak for themselves.

Tarun
I think now Hyundai guys will buy themselves a SWIFT & modify it to the dimensions as of SANTRO.

Then they will win this case
Old 24th June 2005, 16:58   #47
Bluto

Note from the Admin : Abusive language is not permitted on Team-BHP. Welcome to the banned list.

Old 24th June 2005, 17:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

I think the post above should be deleted and Bluto has been rightly banned. But what happened to Montoya?

Anyway, about the ad. I can't believe that a korean company would stoop to such a low level. First they blatantly copy designs but luckily get away with it. But patronising the competetor's products is purely unethical. Hope they learnt their lesson.
Old 24th June 2005, 17:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun
However they mentioned that interior dimensions mentioned in the brochure were physically measured by its representatives.
Surprising it may sound, but there seems to be some merit in Hyundai's claim. My friend has recently booked Swift. When I mentioned to him that Swift appears to be big small car, especially from rear, he said it does. But in same breath, he also added that interior space is almost equivalent to his Fiat Uno, if not less. He had taken tape measures of the car interiors and they were very much similar to his Uno. He thought Indica to be more spacious from inside.
Old 24th June 2005, 21:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Surprising it may sound, but there seems to be some merit in Hyundai's claim. My friend has recently booked Swift. When I mentioned to him that Swift appears to be big small car, especially from rear, he said it does. But in same breath, he also added that interior space is almost equivalent to his Fiat Uno, if not less. He had taken tape measures of the car interiors and they were very much similar to his Uno. He thought Indica to be more spacious from inside.
I quite did not get that. Do you mean to say your friend finds interior space of the SWIFT equal to that of the UNO ???

beg to differ.

The rear of the SWIFT is way too cramped. no comparison with rear space in the UNO.
Old 24th June 2005, 21:52   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However they mentioned that interior dimensions mentioned in the brochure were physically measured by its representatives.
again Hyundai said it was THEIR representavtive
also wouldn't it be possible that measurment might have been done with seats of Xing pushed all way forward & swifts seats pushed all way backward??

remember Hyundai haven't given how they measured rear space? (remember turning circle radius dimentions?)
Old 25th June 2005, 12:39   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
I think the post above should be deleted and Bluto has been rightly banned. But what happened to Montoya?
Quite surprised by that development myself - matching IPs???
Old 25th June 2005, 15:38   #53
snoopy41

I think finally hyundai haverealised that maruti r no longer trying their past tactics of overpricing their cars and hv priced the SWIFT appropriately,thereby showing up all the other overhyped overpriced underperforming cars like the IKON<ACCENT<BALENO<LANCER<ESTEEM>,,for what they truly are,, relics from an INDIA WITHOUT CHOICES,,
in that light ,both Toyota and Honda r to be praised,,for phasing out the city and the qualis though both were leading their respective segments,,that is what doing well in developed markets opens your eyes to

Old 25th June 2005, 23:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy41
for phasing out the city

is that worth a praise???... not from my viewpoint atleast...

OHC was way better than NHC....

though the numbers have increased after new release..but the enthusiast is definately cursing honda for that.....
Old 26th June 2005, 07:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
both Toyota and Honda r to be praised,,for phasing out the city and the qualis though both were leading their respective segments,,that is what doing well in developed markets opens your eyes to
You mean to say that the NHC is supposed to be better than the older Honda ? U sure u want to praise Honda for stopping production of the 1.5Vtech,1.5 and 1.3 models and introducing the new City...?
I would personally like to kick Honda in the a** for doing that..The honda's were like the "Indian version of the gtr34"
Old 26th June 2005, 11:48   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda
You mean to say that the NHC is supposed to be better than the older Honda ? U sure u want to praise Honda for stopping production of the 1.5Vtech,1.5 and 1.3 models and introducing the new City...?
I would personally like to kick Honda in the a** for doing that..The honda's were like the "Indian version of the gtr34"
to be fair
everyone has their own opinion
some people prefer performance of car
some people prefer comfort, luxury in car

also try to think on this point

also like i have said before OHC was joke for its name "CITY"
where it was more suitable for long runs
it was more of a highway car with a name "CITY"

so probably honda realised this & redone the car & is waiting for some time to pass
so that they can launch Civic
Old 26th June 2005, 12:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
originally posted by chetanhanda

The honda's were like the "Indian version of the gtr34"
that's a tad too optimistic..... the closest and cheapest resemblance would be from the RS.... the driver's seat is way cramped in the city, and one size doesn't fit all- in fact, the steering fouls with my legs, unlike the skoda...

Quote:
originally posted by hell rider

The rear of the SWIFT is way too cramped. no comparison with rear space in the UNO.
actually, they are quite similar- even though the wheelbase of the swift is longer at 2390mm as opposed to the uno's 2362, and the length at 3695 as compared to 3689 of the uno, the rear seat space is quite similar... but it appears to be way cramped when you push the front seats all the way back- the front seat travel is much more than the uno...

Quote:
originally posted by snoopy41

overhyped overpriced underperforming cars like the IKON < ACCENT< BALENO < LANCER <ESTEEM>
er... now that's a first.... methinks you must be the only bhpian who considers the baleno, esteem and ikon to be overpriced underperformers.... all of the abovementioned cars are liked by me, and they all offer good value for money and decent performance- especially the esteem, ikon and baleno.... and while we're on pricing, the swift is a hatch at the price of a sedan- although it's good value for money, the average middle class man might still want to go for the esteem or indigo, since they have boots and are more practical. so, in that respect, all the sedans that you have mentioned are not overrated, and neither overpriced...IMHO...yes, outdated, maybe....

Quote:
originally posted by burnt rubber

OHC was way better than NHC....
touche'....

and IMHO, the qualis and the innova could have co-existed as cousins....one for commercial purposes (as a cab) and the other as a luxury MUV... and so could have the NHC and the OHC, in the same vein; one as a spacious family sedan, and the other for the executives and enthusiasts...

but, as for maruti slamming hyundai with a lawsuit....long time coming....since hyundai has been trashing maruti instead of comparing their products healthily, they have it coming... if maruti happens to take hyundai to court, 99% percent chances are that luck might favour maruti, as they have been taking hyundai-bashing since a long time....

and yeah, where's montoya..?? why was he banned...?? was a nice dude..
Old 26th June 2005, 13:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
overhyped overpriced underperforming cars like the IKON<ACCENT<BALENO<LANCER<ESTEEM>,,for what they truly are,, relics from an INDIA WITHOUT CHOICES,,
in that light ,both Toyota and Honda
baleno & ikon -'overhyped overpriced underperforming' this is a first for me-dont think u have driven any of these cars.
praise toyota for what??? for selling us trashcan qualis for 7 years(with the kijang being sold elsewhere) & fooling us by selling the corolla as a 'luxury car'(that too a stripped down),not to mention the shockingly overpriced camry and prado.pleaseee explain.
Old 27th June 2005, 13:00   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
May be. My friend, who measured it, would know it better. He has a Uno and has booked Swift.

Anyway, the point here is that, Hyundai may have a point when they say that the interior space of Swift has been measured by their representative.
Old 27th June 2005, 13:26   #60
BHPian

when will Hyundai ever learn, so speaking practically, The sales of hyundai's bread and butter vehicle has gone south? is it?
I even remember a long time back when Hyundai put an ad stating "Santros strong Accent makes the zen lose its Esteem".
Hyundai is cheap..dirty cheap!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks