Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2009, 14:24   #16
jpm
BHPian

I think that the min and max legroom figures of i10 and i20 have been mixed up.

i20 is smaller, yes but its bigger than swift/uva et al. in fact, when i was shopping for my car, i found the i20 to be the next most spacious after the vista.

otherwise, great job done by the posters jessie007 and khan_sultan. a much needed one too.

Last edited by jpm : 5th July 2009 at 14:25.
Old 5th July 2009, 14:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
I think that the min and max legroom figures of i10 and i20 have been mixed up.
That sounds like it - clears a lot of confusion - thanks for spotting.
Old 6th July 2009, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Complete space report - All vehicles

Thanks GTO for starting the thread. I myself was planning to do the same soon after I was satisfied that the report was complete. But I guess it will never be 100% complete - so here is the comprehensive space report for all cars below the around 20 lakhs mark.

Attached is the complete sheet I have prepared which includes vehicles categorised into:

1) A & B segment

2) B+ Segment

3) C segment

4) C+ segment

5) D segment

6) D+ segment

7) SUVs & MUVs

8) SUVs & MUVs (premium)

Note:
1) Please note that if there is very little difference between the best and worst figures or specs for all vehicles are not available within a segment - I haven't highlighted that as a little difference is not a deal breaker and without all the specs we won’t get the correct picture. This is the case with D segment and premium SUV & MUV segment.

2) I’ve created the segments as per my own perception and as of that in the industry. Some cars overlap segments but I have included in a particular segment as per my own discretion.

3) If anyone notes any obvious or not so obvious errors/omissions then please let me know.

4) The first sheet has specs for all the vehicles and the rest of the sheets have specs for individuals segments (some I’ve clubbed) so that one can compare within a segment with the use of Auto Filters.

P.S. If someone could create the image of the sheet and post it - that would be great and make for easy viewing.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Space.xls (45.5 KB, 1411 views)

Last edited by GTO : 6th July 2009 at 18:17. Reason: Adding to the first post itself
Old 6th July 2009, 13:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
P.S. If someone could create the image of the sheet and post it - that would be great and make for easy viewing.
Hope this is fine!

Statistics! Wheelbase, Rear seat legroom and boot space of all Indian cars <25 lakhs-spacecomb.jpg

Thanks jessie007 for the spreadsheet.

Last edited by trrk : 6th July 2009 at 13:49.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:51   #20
BHPian

Great effort jessie.. Statistics *should* have charts..!

Let me know if helpful, will create for other segments as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Statistics! Wheelbase, Rear seat legroom and boot space of all Indian cars <25 lakhs-rear-leg-space-chart.jpg  

Last edited by cyclops : 6th July 2009 at 14:57.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:21   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jessie, trrk & cyclops : I'm updating the opening post with your attachments. Thanks for sharing!
Old 6th July 2009, 19:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great work Jessie. Could you also obtain the front max and min legroom for the same cars and add to this 'compare at a glance' table ? This would reveal the real legroom in the cars ...
Old 6th July 2009, 19:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Good work, cyclops.

Thanks GTO.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Could you tell me where you got the information from? Did you measure it? Without that, I'd take the numbers with a pinch of salt.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:23   #25
BHPian

Even the new stats posted have i10 and i20 values which looks incorrect.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:58   #26
BHPian

@reignofchaos - Let me make it clear - I haven't personally measured the specs of any car. All the figures are from the World Wide Web and mags.

@jpm - I've double checked the specs for both i10 and i20 - these are the figures that I found. Perhaps someone owning either of these cars could put a measuring tape to good use and resolve this point to an extent. But the criteria for measuring can be debatable as we can't say as to what angle the front seats are reclined at for taking the measurement. If anyone wants - I've a scanned copy of the figures for both i10 and i20, which I cannot publish for obvious copyright related reasons - but can PM if required.
Old 6th July 2009, 23:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

rear leg-rooms of VW Jetta, VW Passat and Toyota Camry are quite low as per the sheet. Is rear leg room in Passat is lesser then Swift?
Old 7th July 2009, 09:30   #28
BHPian

Awesome work getting all this data. Just one curious thing though. The Civic seems to have more rear seat legroom than the Altis whereas I've been hearing from most people that the Altis is the most spacious in its class after the Sonata (which I believe belongs in the D-segment).

The space in the accord just blows the rest of the competition (except the superb) out of the water though. If only it came loaded with more equipment.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:34   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithyav View Post
Awesome work getting all this data. Just one curious thing though. The Civic seems to have more rear seat legroom than the Altis whereas I've been hearing from most people that the Altis is the most spacious in its class after the Sonata (which I believe belongs in the D-segment).

The space in the accord just blows the rest of the competition (except the superb) out of the water though. If only it came loaded with more equipment.
Right. Accord with 71/95 and Indica Vista 72/92 have been way ahead of other cars.
Old 7th July 2009, 14:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

So the gripe that Swift is cramped is no longer true !
The i20 is wider and longer than Fabia. Has almost the same amount of boot. Its hard to imagine that the rear legroom is lower. Although autoexpress says two 6 footers can sit one behind the other but legroom is a constraint !

Last edited by srishiva : 7th July 2009 at 14:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks