Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Most logical and Practical Hatch for the price.
Chevrolet Aveo U-VA 6 2.39%
Fiat Punto 77 30.68%
Ford Fusion 60 23.90%
Honda Jazz 7 2.79%
Hyundai I20 57 22.71%
Maruti Ritz 39 15.54%
Skoda Fabia 5 1.99%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2009, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
...from my last test drive of the Fusion petrol and Diesel this is what I found.

Bigger car, better engines, decent interiors, lots of storage space, huge boot and better capability on our roads.

The big question now is, Does it make a compelling case for Fusion+ with ABS and EBD, 15" alloys and height adjutable seats compared to the Fabia's, Jazz's and I20's? Lets not forget the 2 years of maintaince contract Ford throws in along with 24-hour roadside assistance program.

Doesnt it fulfill the requirements as a super hatch the most? Is anybody even looking at this car?
How could I not vote for Fusion when I bought it exactly with this logic!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit V8 View Post
when it was launched, it was ok (not good though) but now, it has shown it's age. the european market has a refreshed one, the american market has a sedan, but the this one is really bad. i vote for the sexy beast-the punto.
The current European Fusion is exactly the same as the Indian version. However the Indian Fusion is dated in that it has no Climate control, air bags, park assist etc. even as options.

UK: Overview
India: Ford Fusion - Ford Fusion Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
After recent price cuts from dealers for the Fabia diesel, Fabia is priced almost same as i20 CRDi (8.0L for Fabia Ambiente - 8.15 for i20 Asta, 8.59 for Fabia Elegance vs 8.53 for i20 Asta(O))

Ford Fusion is priced @ 8.2L OTR. You decide!
The last I checked, the Fusion+ diesel in Hyderabad (which is among the expensive cities for cars) is at 7.75L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
If Ford gives the Fusion+, with ABS, alloys, and a 3-year maintenance guarantee like GM has, at around 6.5-7 lakhs on-road, I would buy it for my next car.
With a 2 year total maintenance plan, you should get a petrol Fusion+ at that price in one of the cheaper cities and at another 20-25K in the expensive cities.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
With the same engines as that of the Punto and Ritz, these should also be included in the poll. Especially the Vista because of the space it offers
indica vista is not considered to be amongst these super hatches and I found from the threads that Ritz was a better and more logical alternative to swift. I personally like the Indica vista very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
If Ford gives the Fusion+, with ABS, alloys, and a 3-year maintenance guarantee like GM has, at around 6.5-7 lakhs on-road, I would buy it for my next car.
Fusion+ petrol ex-showroom is mentioned as 6.33 on the website. With discounts the on-road price should be below 7.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:42   #18
NIP
Senior - BHPian

its a fabulous car ! i have one for 1.5 yrs and it rocks
Old 11th July 2009, 10:44   #19
BHPian

I voted for the fusion. Despite all the new cars, I still find the Fusion the most practical, no-nonsense and it looks the most masculine to me. Just wish they would put in extra equipments like ABS etc., revamp the interiors AND put in the 1.6 Diesel mill in it. i would go for it.
Old 11th July 2009, 10:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

In the slurry of new launches/test-drives, got a chance to drive a Fusion. Its the best to drive amongst the Petrol hatches.

Its not good to assume that all hatch buyers are on the lookout for fuel efficiency. There are a select few for whom the compact dimensions are an attraction/constraint. Fusion gives the fusion of compact dimensions with amazing performance.

For FE seekers there is the diesel.

Last edited by 1100D : 11th July 2009 at 10:57.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:08   #21
BANNED

Fusion - I believe when it was launched people were not ready for this premium hatch, neither expected this design. It was so different to many to not to buy it. Then Fiesta came and crashed the sales.

U-VA - Its a GM product, and I am not favorable to that after making a mistake once with Aveo.

Fabia and Jazz are daylight robbery in the name of BRAND.

Punto - Need to see how it goes, initial reviews are not so high.

Ritz - Its not a premium hatch, I do not like its design in the front and back, looks so weired to me. Otherwise its close to win the race.

i20 - I owned a Hyundai car, I am favorable to them. The product has met the premium standards, with full packed features and of course, correctly priced. A diesel introduction makes it a class lead.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:13   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The i20 is too overpriced, the Punto has poor performance, the U-VA too outdated, the Jazz too expensive, and the Fabia is a Skoda!

I disagree on the above comparisons-
1.i20 might be overpriced but so is Fusion.
2.Punto might have poor performance but still its faster than Fusion(diesel).
3.Fabia is from skoda but Fusion is sold by ford(we've had horrible experinces with ford,sold a ikon and still have a fiesta in family)
4.Jazz is expensive so is Fusion

My vote for most practical hatch goes to Jazz.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Fusion needs a update to keep up. Maybe rounding out the design out of its boxy shape, updating the interiors and providing more options comfort and safety wise would make it the best value wise. Ofcourse pricing is always tricky.
I wouldn't call it a super hatch.
Old 11th July 2009, 11:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

The fusion is not even worth considering, according to me. It looks ugly, ride quality is bad, equipment is nothing to write home about, neither is performance. Ovrepriced, and resale falls before you can ever spell it.

My vote here goes to the i20. It looks great, the 1.2 may be underpowered, but the diesel makes up for it, has an equipment list longer than most mid sizers. the only downside i can find is the price.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:07   #25
BHPian

ConFusions apart, with its good GC and other features (except a 4x4), Ford should have positioned the Fusion as a small SUV, like the earliest versions of RAV4 or CRV.
Old 11th July 2009, 12:16   #26
NIP
Senior - BHPian

fusion looks bad and i20 looks good !? hmm...different strokes for different folks. i find the fusion very clean when it comes to design, ulike the gawky i20. just my 2p.
Old 11th July 2009, 14:34   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I disagree on the above comparisons-
1.i20 might be overpriced but so is Fusion.
2.Punto might have poor performance but still its faster than Fusion(diesel).
3.Fabia is from skoda but Fusion is sold by ford(we've had horrible experinces with ford,sold a ikon and still have a fiesta in family)
4.Jazz is expensive so is Fusion

My vote for most practical hatch goes to Jazz.
See, what I mentioned were just the downsides to the other car, and not in comparison to the Fusion.
I do agree that the fusion is overpriced for what it offers, and unless ford does something about its price, I will stick to a GP or maybe an i20 CRDi.

BTW, the Skoda fact was in keeping with the recent stories + our experience. We have had three Fords and one Skoda. And the Skoda is disappointing.

Also, IMHO, the Fusion D is actually quite powerful for the city, and a lot easier to drive than the Punto D.
Old 11th July 2009, 15:13   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
A lot of people think that i20 (or Fabia) is expensive.
I think that the fabia is rubbish!

On sitting in it at an exhibition: "I want this car!"

After having been a passenger in one: "I wouldn't buy it at any price, even without the Skoda hoo ha".

What, no Swift on the list?

After two years driving one, I may wish for a better build, a bit more luxury, a few more accessories... but, value-for-money wise, it is still a winner. And I cannot fault its logic in conversation. (err... "logical"?)

So... no vote on the given list.
Old 11th July 2009, 15:28   #29
BANNED

Except for the price and the rattling dashboard FUSION is a wonderful car.It was my first choice but was too expensive when compared to swift VDI or Even FABIA.
Old 11th July 2009, 16:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

What about the spares of the Fusion. Ford have a habit of overcharging for spares. Availability of spares of some models too is an issue. I would say Punto or i20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks