Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2009, 15:39   #61
BHPian

Hey guys, did anyone notice this. That the no. on the first car in mumbai is 4149. That`s add up to no. 9. Is that a special no. How much would that have costed him.

Here in AP, people are crazy about the no. 9. in RTO bidding prices go very high. I remember a skoda owner here in vizag who paid 1.5 lac just to get the no. 9. that`s more than the value of nano itself.
Old 30th July 2009, 21:52   #62
BHPian

Tru, Nano has got good road presence, it doesn't look small as most would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
The Nano looks better and bigger than the WagonR in the second picture.
Old 30th July 2009, 22:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

great photos khanak

the nano fits in immediately, it looks kinda cute minus the bullbars.

cheers
Old 30th July 2009, 22:20   #64
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Vahan Pujari : It will be interesting to see if streamlined production + delivery (after 1 - 2 years) tilt the demand back to the Nano's original philosophy? A realistic possibility once the initial order backlog is cleared.
Old 30th July 2009, 22:21   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I was crossing the road near Metro and was surprised to see Ashok Vichare in his Nano pull up at a traffic signal. He has already installed a front and rear crash gaurd. The Nano didn't look too bad on the road. Pretty impressive actually

PS - I'm not blanking out the numberplate since pictures of the car with the numberplate have already been published.

Attachment 167088

Attachment 167089
the no plate seems high security no plate. is it dealer fitted?
Old 31st July 2009, 10:06   #66
BANNED

I feel it looks OK, not good nor bad either. But looking at it I get the feeling that it has to be driven with extreme care over our roads and definitely not meant for highway at all.
Old 31st July 2009, 10:57   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ Vahan Pujari : It will be interesting to see if streamlined production + delivery (after 1 - 2 years) tilt the demand back to the Nano's original philosophy? A realistic possibility once the initial order backlog is cleared.
Yes, GTO. My personal opinion is that, for Nano to be successful to its expected level (not 7k-8K numbers p.m. but much more than that), Tata's will have to ensure to revert back to its original positioning of a superior alternative to Two-Wheelers with highest sales coming from entry-level variant.
Old 31st July 2009, 14:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yes, GTO. My personal opinion is that, for Nano to be successful to its expected level (not 7k-8K numbers p.m. but much more than that), Tata's will have to ensure to revert back to its original positioning of a superior alternative to Two-Wheelers with highest sales coming from entry-level variant.
i agree to that, if they really need to ensure and revert back thats nano is an alternative to two wheeler owners segment which is possible with its base model and not for top end lx one which has got highest number of bookings.
Was thinking instead of nano taking over two wheelers market for its affordable price for first owners we might see nano purchased more by owners who already owns four wheelers and this might be an alternative for kids,wives to drive in nano instead oftwo wheelers rather then family owning first cars.IMO.

Last edited by vijaythacker : 31st July 2009 at 14:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks