Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 09:48   #16
BHPian

Here is my opinion....
Exterior looks over-designed.Lots of un-necessary lines here and there to add more character has made it look more like a wannabe car than real stuff.Interiors look amazing.They can sell this car easily if they price it around 15 lakhs.
Old 26th August 2009, 09:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

fantastic syling. fabulous interiors & i just loveeeeee the dash & steering wheel. i guess it would be priced around 18-20 lakhs but i doubt it would give a tough time to the fortuner. just because of the slanted 'H' badge!
Old 26th August 2009, 09:53   #18
Team-BHP Support

There's something about hyundai styling that just doesn't agree with me. Its almost forced styling resulting in a "trying too hard to look good" look about it. It certainly has its work cut out in that segment.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:01   #19
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Wont work out here, looks good but price would most likely kill it before launch.

Captiva is a 7 seater diesel, and CRV is Honda reliablity and hence defys logic, fortuner is the one for the practical ones and will kill most of the soft roaders.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks like an oversized i20 to me!

And whatever happened to the Santa Fe which was supposed to find its way here??
Old 26th August 2009, 10:16   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

not heard anything about the Santa Fe - though there was a lot of talk about it in 2006.
however, even if and when it comes, that will certainly be much more expensive and we know what happened to the Terracan - completely flopped in India - possibly on account of the expensive pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Looks like an oversized i20 to me!

And whatever happened to the Santa Fe which was supposed to find its way here??
Old 26th August 2009, 10:22   #22
BHPian

Santa Fe will coming to India late this year as per as Hyundai Dealer.
Also, Santa Fe is generations ahead of Terracan in automobile technology. In fact, in US right now, it's one of the better SUV's of all.
It's success in India will depend only on pricing which Hyundai must keep in the 18-20 range if they wish to threaten Toyota. CBU or CKD, the pricing must be spot on and Hyundai can only achieve it via CKD route.

Santa Fe's interiors and equipment list dwarf Fortuner as of now.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheelburnin View Post
Here is my opinion....
Exterior looks over-designed.Lots of un-necessary lines here and there to add more character has made it look more like a wannabe car than real stuff.Interiors look amazing.They can sell this car easily if they price it around 15 lakhs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Its almost forced styling resulting in a "trying too hard to look good" look about it.

I am confused by so many lines. As I started scrolling down the pics, I for a moment thought it was a hatch. It's like designer started with a hatch but was told midway to make it an SUV. Seems to have 1 heck of an engine [fullstop].

PS: But if they sell it for around 13L, it might still be quite tempting (to me at least). Don't think that's going to happen.

Last edited by asr245 : 26th August 2009 at 10:33.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:00   #24
BHPian

when it comes to SUVs, i always expect the third row. thats why i dont like new CRV and Outlander, although their very good SUVs / softroader. Captiva and Fortuner remains my Fav.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
when it comes to SUVs, i always expect the third row. thats why i dont like new CRV and Outlander, although their very good SUVs / softroader. Captiva and Fortuner remains my Fav.
Don't your linking points towards a MUV... Looks like Xylo and Grande might be your favorite as well.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:53   #26
BHPian

Looks are hot no doubt and interiors are too good to believe but I doubt if they will make it to India..let us c..
But i think it will still struggle to sell in good numbers in india if it crosses 14 lacs barrier, so pricing will be very important as always.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:43   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

interesting to know this.
however, I am sure we will not get to see the same trim and equipment levels on the Indian Santa Fe as possibly are available on the US/ Europe Spec.

Same story as with I 20 as has been discussed in another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Santa Fe will coming to India late this year as per as Hyundai Dealer.
Also, Santa Fe is generations ahead of Terracan in automobile technology. In fact, in US right now, it's one of the better SUV's of all.
It's success in India will depend only on pricing which Hyundai must keep in the 18-20 range if they wish to threaten Toyota. CBU or CKD, the pricing must be spot on and Hyundai can only achieve it via CKD route.

Santa Fe's interiors and equipment list dwarf Fortuner as of now.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

Looks a lot like the Ford Kuga. Just a lot Korean.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:35   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic looking (though it has traces of Mitsubishi & Ford design philosophy), did I tell you guys I love Hyundai's new designs?

Whether it will success in India or not depends, not on the product, but Hyundai's marketing division. I'm one of the few that think the previous gen Tucson was also a fantastic machine. Great onroad behaviour, peppy diesel and decent space. It was Hyundai's shoddy handling of the Tucson that led to its failure. Absolute no marketing, car never available for testdrives, zero visibility. How can you ever expect a 20 lakh product to sell?

And, as Samurai posted, the Fortuner has set the new benchmark for the 20 lakh SUV segment. Hyundai would need to work real hard to crack the code.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this is an academic discussion. After the success of Tucson-1, we should not expect Hyundai to launch Tucson-2 in a hurry.

No matter what the gizmos in a Hyundai Tucson, to sell it (if they do sell) at Fortuner price will result in the success story being repeated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks