Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 16:50   #256
BHPian

Re: Ford India's future line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
I just loved the Ecosport. Ford, I am waiting with the cheque. Please deliver the showcar

For those who missed, it will be launched with a 3 cyl 1 litre Eco-boost engine which is a direct injection turbo charged petrol. Power output will be 120 bhp and a torque of 170 Nm. The presenter confirmed this engine for India.
Any update on what the likely launch date is? Also, any news on the diesel option?
Old 4th January 2012, 16:52   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The Ecosport looks brilliant and the 1.0L EcoBoost makes it even more amazing

I keep my fingers crossed on the pricing!
Here are some very low quality pics buddy

Mustang - when is it going to be launched? and what is the expected price point?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India's future line up-eco-1.jpg  

Ford India's future line up-eco-2.jpg  

Ford India's future line up-eco-3.jpg  

Avinash_R is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 16:53   #258
Senior - BHPian

Mustang, good to get you back here. Now please don't leave this thread & keep the information flowing. Also please share with us the pictures of the interiors & exterior. What is the wheelbase, ground clearance & tyre sizes?
Old 4th January 2012, 16:58   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Hello guys,

Sorry i have not been checking a lot of threads recently owing to work. I am here at the ecosport launch. I hope you guys liked the car. Some details for you as shown in the presentation.

1.0 L Ecoboost engine is a 3 cylinder 120 PS and 170 NM of torque engine. It has so much power and torque from such a small size as it incorporates turbo charging and direct injection.

The diesel engine will most likely be the 1.5 TDCi as seen in the new fiesta.

The interiors will be similar to the fiesta incorporating minor changes (like the differentiating factors between the classic and the fusion)
I hope ford prices the Eco-sport well and puts some decent plastic in the eco sport! the new fiesta has quite atrocious plastics in the rear passenger area!!

By any chance will the 1 liter Eco-boost engine be available in the Figo?
Old 4th January 2012, 16:58   #260
BHPian

That car look brilliant...

If priced correctly it give the XUV a run for its money... Lets see what happens...

I hope they price it right
Old 4th January 2012, 16:59   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Mustang, good to get you back here. Now please don't leave this thread & keep the information flowing. Also please share with us the pictures of the interiors & exterior. What is the wheelbase, ground clearance & tyre sizes?
I cant take any pictures here. But will soon get you some pics in 5-6 days. Also as i can vaguely see, the wheels look like they are 16 inchers and tyre size seems to be in the 205 or 215 range. Ground clearance is obviously more than the fusion. The fusion has a ground clearance of 198 mm so this has more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
Here are some very low quality pics buddy

Mustang - when is it going to be launched? and what is the expected price point?
I dont know when its going to be launched. Right now there is already a production constraint at the Chennai plant. No idea on the prices either but i am expecting it to be lower than the current new gen fiesta.

@Rambo : No ecoboost in the figo.
@Octane : The exact launch may take a while.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th January 2012 at 17:01.
Old 4th January 2012, 16:59   #262
BHPian

Quote:
The interiors will be similar to the fiesta incorporating minor changes (like the differentiating factors between the classic and the fusion)
OOPS!!! I don't like the current Fiesta interiors one bit. But I am sold on this one, and i see very few deal breakers ! Unless they want to make a Mercedes out of a Ford, I am buying this
Old 4th January 2012, 17:05   #263
BHPian

Ford India website updated with gallery
Ford India Private Limited - ALL-NEW ECOSPORT
msinghal80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 17:07   #264
Senior - BHPian

God!!
1 litre engine and 120ps power!!
I am guessing it to be priced rationally as the engine is 3 cyl. but ecoboost technology , turbo charger and all belies my hope!!
Hope the actual launch is atleast a year away . Will give me time to save few pennies more for it.
Mustang, any mileage figures for the 1-litre Eco -boost?
Old 4th January 2012, 17:09   #265
Senior - BHPian

It is just a concept, hope production version looks exactly like the same.

Key things:

1) Price < 10 L for top end
2) Launch date - They should make it available this year itself. Renault have a big opportunity here to exploit the market with the Duster.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:31   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cant take any pictures here. But will soon get you some pics in 5-6 days. Also as i can vaguely see, the wheels look like they are 16 inchers and tyre size seems to be in the 205 or 215 range. Ground clearance is obviously more than the fusion. The fusion has a ground clearance of 198 mm so this has more.
Thanks buddy for your prompt response as always. Looks promising meaty tyres/ wheels, decent GC. Hope the engines won't disappoint. Now the most important factor the launch date & the launch price. If we can get any hints on that then that would be really great.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:33   #267
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks buddy for your prompt response as always. Looks promising meaty tyres/ wheels, decent GC. Hope the engines won't disappoint. Now the most important factor the launch date & the launch price. If we can get any hints on that then that would be really great.
Launch will not take place before 4-5 months. Thats all that i know. And pricing should be anywhere between 6.5-9.5 Lacs. Anything more than 10 Lacs would surely be disappointing. (I used the strongest word in the English dictionary, Disappointing, lol)

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 4th January 2012 at 17:35.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 17:37   #268
BHPian

Looks Stunning, Radical!

There is nothing thats is currently in market this side of 15L, that is this radical.

Ford - Pls price this competitively. This could truly be the next best thing.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:43   #269
Senior - BHPian

The rear profile of the Eco-Sport is simply awesome, loved it the most. The rear windshield sweeping over the C pillars, the centre mounted spare tyre, the rear spoiler & the roof rails at the top, all these gel so very well. Haven't seen so simple yet elegant design on the south side of INR 20 lacs.
Old 4th January 2012, 17:45   #270
BHPian

Quote:
The rear profile of the Eco-Sport is simply awesome, loved it the most. The rear windshield sweeping over the C pillars, the centre mounted spare tyre, the rear spoiler & the roof rails at the top, all these gel so very well. Haven't seen so simple yet elegant design on the south side of INR 20 lacs.
I agree,the Ecosport looks fantastic.This may just be the beginning of the mini Suv category.Looks to be an all rounder so far.Will know for sure once the test drive report comes in. Pricing will be the most important factor here.A lot of potential sedan customers might just go for this
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks